Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
warellis

Default Infinite Worlds Across the Pages

I know about GURPS Infinite Worlds and I know about Infinite Worlds-Lost Worlds and Infinite Worlds-Worlds of Horror. I also know about several Infinite Worlds worldlines in Pyramid #3/20-Infinite Worlds. And I think there's an Infinite Worlds worldline in GURPS Horror (4e version) as well.

Where else can I find an Infinite Worlds worldline article? Are there any other Pyramid Magazine issues that have such writeups? When I say "worldline article" I mean it's talking about a worldline, not about technology from said worldline, but about a worldline.
warellis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
Miles

Default Re: Infinite Worlds Across the Pages

Bio-Tech has Alexander Athanatos, where the 1st Century Hellenic Empire is ruled by the clones of Alexander the Great.

Fantasy has Roma Arcana, which is briefly mentioned on Infinite Worlds p.145.

Yrth hardly needs an introduction.

The World of Banded Night from Lands out of Time is another world where The Secret is out and it doesn't really matter.

Casey and Andy almost certainly qualifies as GURPS's weirdest book in 4e, but it does have a paragraph about fitting it into Infinite Worlds.

Locations: Worminghall gives a brief mention to Infinite Worlds, mostly about how other than Worminghall it looks more like an echo than any heavily magical world should.

Both Thaumatology: Age of Gold and Thaumatology: Alchemical Baroque are tied into the setting, with the Age of Gold writeup being considerably longer/more interesting.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
warellis

Thanks.

I recall reading about a worldline where Rome finds this gateway that leads to a place where the spirits of dead dinosaurs roam. Or am I recalling wrongly?

Last edited by warellis; 01-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Rowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warellis View Post
Thanks.

I recall reading about a worldline where Rome finds this gateway that leads to a place where the spirits of dead dinosaurs roam. Or am I recalling wrongly?
That's located in GURPS Fantasy's Roma Arcana setting I believe. They don't go into massive detail on it, so it's fairly easy to overlook I think.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
warellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Bio-Tech has Alexander Athanatos, where the 1st Century Hellenic Empire is ruled by the clones of Alexander the Great.

Fantasy has Roma Arcana, which is briefly mentioned on Infinite Worlds p.145.

Yrth hardly needs an introduction.

The World of Banded Night from Lands out of Time is another world where The Secret is out and it doesn't really matter.

Casey and Andy almost certainly qualifies as GURPS's weirdest book in 4e, but it does have a paragraph about fitting it into Infinite Worlds.

Locations: Worminghall gives a brief mention to Infinite Worlds, mostly about how other than Worminghall it looks more like an echo than any heavily magical world should.

Both Thaumatology: Age of Gold and Thaumatology: Alchemical Baroque are tied into the setting, with the Age of Gold writeup being considerably longer/more interesting.
Are there any other mentions of worldines?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Rowan

Quote:
Are there any other mentions of worldines?
There is a wiki on the web called Worlds of Infinite World .. it's a GURPS themed thing, that has a giant list.. of all the worlds that have come up and should be part of the meta-setting, I believe. It seems pretty comprehensive. I think that might be what you're looking for? :)

http://gurps.wikia.com/wiki/Worlds_of_Infinite_Worlds
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
Running Wolf

Quote:
Where else can I find an Infinite Worlds worldline article? Are there any other Pyramid Magazine issues that have such writeups? When I say "worldline article" I mean it's talking about a worldline, not about technology from said worldline, but about a worldline.
You might want to use some Google-fu for "alternate history". When my last drive fried I lost most of the links I had.

You'll at least find some ideas for an IW campaign.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
scc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
That's located in GURPS Fantasy's Roma Arcana setting I believe. They don't go into massive detail on it, so it's fairly easy to overlook I think.
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah Roma Arcana has dinosaurs, the the intro fiction on page 195 has them, picture and text. And there's a stat block for them under the name Megalogryphon on page 212, below that is a picture of what looks like 3 legionnaires armed with spears fighting a Velociraptor. The box on that page has an explanation

And I wouldn't use that wiki, for some reason it lists fan-worlds (Although they are labeled) and doesn't seem to understand the difference between a pocket multiverse and a skerry
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds