Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 11-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
MidnightNova

Default Orbs (From Orb Quest)

The powers of the one in Orb Quest are listed, but is the physical size of said Orb mentioned anywhere? (Billiard Ball, Bowling ball, etc)

Would be interesting to know in developing other Orbs for a campaign, assuming they are even all the same size.
MidnightNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
RobW

Default Re: Orbs (From Orb Quest)

Hmm. I don't think size is given. You can hold it in one hand while using a weapon in the other, and you can throw it to a friend. That makes it sound relatively small. But it's also called a globe, and it fits on a pedestal. That makes it sound bigger. Maybe softball size?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
MidnightNova

Default Re: Orbs (From Orb Quest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Hmm. I don't think size is given. You can hold it in one hand while using a weapon in the other, and you can throw it to a friend. That makes it sound relatively small. But it's also called a globe, and it fits on a pedestal. That makes it sound bigger. Maybe softball size?
Sounds good (Softball or candlepin bowling ball size).

Obviously they have some other power besides the spells they list as giving to the wielder. I guess that can be whatever the campaign needs it to be.
MidnightNova is offline   Reply With Quote