Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #241
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Mr. Welker takes a few seconds, then comes on.

"Again? What did you do? And who did you do it to? I'll take care of this."

Her two visitors stop moving, just staring off into space.

Mr. Welker: "I'm getting really tired of people not remembering what's going on. They don't remember coming to attack you, you don't remember anything at all... I've got the bug the researchers. First trip across dimensions with humans and they all go crazy. Its totally safe, they said. Mouse trials performed perfectly they said."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #242
Plane

"I'm not sure why I keep getting blamed for this... I didn't invite them. Wait... you went from mice to humans? Seems like you should've tried something in between... and DIMENSIONS?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #243
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mr. Welker: "You really don't know where you are, do you? This is the Beagle. We are the test. We get to see plants on another world first. We will be the first to make contact with alien life. We are the farthest from home man has ever gone. We figured there was some risk, but this is just bizarre, and it makes no sense. "

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #244
Plane

"There could be problems in this area you weren't prepared for. Something in the air... or... not-air..." (not sure if she knows about radiation)
Old 05-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #245
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive does know about radiation, though its somehow filed in her brain as someone else's specialty.

Mr. Welker: "Who knows! Everyone's got a theory, and everyone shoots down everyone else's theory. "

Old 05-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #246
Plane

"Is it possible there is... some kind of radiation... that we can't detect and aren't blocking from entering the ship? Is anyone specialized in that... maybe some new ideas for searching for it?"
Old 05-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #247
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"Is it possible there is... some kind of radiation... that we can't detect and aren't blocking from entering the ship? Is anyone specialized in that... maybe some new ideas for searching for it?"
"Everyone has their own ideas. I have no idea who is right, and I'm not trying to figure out. If anyone has any proof that something is working, I'm happy to hear that, but I'm sick of theories. If you have an idea you want to try out, talk to someone else!"

Old 05-27-2019, 07:10 PM   #248
Plane

Welker seems agitated and Olive's feeling a little overwhelmed so she drops it "okay..." *begins reading stuff on the computer again*
Old 05-28-2019, 08:20 AM   #249
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Welker seems agitated and Olive's feeling a little overwhelmed so she drops it "okay..." *begins reading stuff on the computer again*
Olive returns to her studies of the scanning tools. She feels she is making progress when that stuffy feeling returns, and she feels the urge to... Throw one of her employees through the floor towards the planet.

Her head kind of clears: she doesn't have employees, and throwing them through the floor isn't going to happen, even if it would be useful.

She gets a message from Kuse. "Would you like us to look into getting you an ANI? I'm looking at your scans and it should be possible: nothing is preventing it."

OCC: she does have access to talk to other people about what's going on: she has a directory and everything. Mr. Welker is currently a touch overwhelmed by all of this though: he's responsible for dealing with the mess, and he's stuck with 2,000 scientists theorizing what's going on while he and his small team try to manage the crisis.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #250
Plane

For now she will shift her focus to Kuse. Getting an ANI sounds attractive, she wants to fit in. But she does wonder

"Mr. Kuse, the people who are succumbing to these strange thoughts which occur, these impulses... do you know if ANIs would increase or decrease the risk? I'm just wondering, since i don't have one... and haven't succumbed."