Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 06-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #1
DarthBayne

Default Ouchian Bargain with reduced cost mischief.

Hello, there!

I've come across a scenario where I am not sure the outcome. I'm not quite sure about the interaction of Ouchain Bargain and any cost-reduced spell. Let's say I were were to play Blood Geyser, and I use Give Blood 1 to reduce it from a gold cost of 3 to a gold cost of 1, but I interrupt my own spell and play Ouchian Bargain to take damage equal to my Blood Geyser, then take gold equal to that damage, do I take 1 damage or 3 damage?

Also same-ish question, but if I Ouchian Bargain against a Rain of Death that I had reduced with Human Wizard's ability, would I take 2 damage or 1 damage from Ouchian Bargain?

Absolutely love this game! Thank you!
DarthBayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
jarAGGIE05

Default Re: Ouchian Bargain with reduced cost mischief.

I asked the same question in the Munchkin CCG discord and was told that since it says "Use when you pay for a treachery", the damage/gold you take is the amount you actually payed for it. So to give the solution to the scenarios you described, if you play Blood Geyser and give blood 1, you'll be paying 1 gold and you'd take 1 damage and 1 gold if you play Ouchian Bargain. If you reduce the cost for Rain of Death, you'll take 1 damage/gold when you play Ouchian Bargain.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Aleph
Administrator

Typically, when a card refers to the Gold Cost of another in-play card, it means the modified gold cost, which is what was paid to bring the card into play. Once a card goes out of play, all modifications are cleared, and you'd be referring to the printed value (as there aren't currently any cards that modify the cost of out of play cards).
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
unstashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Typically, when a card refers to the Gold Cost of another in-play card, it means the modified gold cost, which is what was paid to bring the card into play. Once a card goes out of play, all modifications are cleared, and you'd be referring to the printed value (as there aren't currently any cards that modify the cost of out of play cards).
I don't think this is the case, since if you use Staff of Magic to reduce Kaboom! to 3 gold then play Forked!, you still need to pay 5 gold for the Forked! version of Kaboom!