Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #21
mehrkat

Default Re: GURPS supplements that you'll like read

I would love to see a lighter take on vehicles than VDS seems destined to be more like spaceships.

I don't object to VDS existing for the real gear heads that really want to know the radius of the gun wheel on the jeep gatling gun so they can calculate the weight and damage a bullet does to you if it hits a water filled barrel first. But unless its going to be a computer program with lots of presets its just lots more than I want.

Rules to adapt Spaceships to various time periods and other types of vehicles. There is already a pyramid article on seafaring ships but it would be nice to have some suggestions on adapting to wagons and cars and airplanes and submarines. Maybe a series of articles on Spaceships: Airplanes (that I know sounds weird).

Dungeon Fantasy RPM -- how to adapt the RPM system to make it viable for Dungeon Fantasy. I assume lots of potions and charms maybe alterations to allow faster but not super fast prep.

More powers supplements showing fully realized powers with specific concepts. Maybe spells as powers.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #22
Stripe

Dungeon Fantasy Monsters III: Monsters That Will Be Used Almost Constantly by Almost Everyone in Almost Every Game

Working title.

It's a book of fantasy monster staples. May have orcs, but those had to be in Mirror of the Fire Demon, so dunno 'bout them.
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #23
Nymdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Dungeon Fantasy Monsters III: Monsters That Will Be Used Almost Constantly by Almost Everyone in Almost Every Game

Working title.

It's a book of fantasy monster staples. May have orcs, but those had to be in Mirror of the Fire Demon, so dunno 'bout them.

I am convinced that a near infinite set could be generated simply on the variances in interpretation of 'orc/ork'. They are as varied, numerous, and subtle as their elven counterparts.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #24
Rasputin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Or, the classics. Go through mythology and find those monsters who wound up in Monsters & Treasure. Work from the mythological tales to make sure they're GURPS-native. I'm guessing you can get by with about 30-40 monsters, if you leave out the ones in other supplements.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #25
DanHoward

This thread is a good example of how difficult it is for SJG to try and work out which projects might be profitable.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #26
scc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Spaceships: Guide to Making Space Pirates Economically/Tactically/etc. Make Sense
This is simple to set, you just need a situation where the pirates have a high chance of intercepting merchantmen (Say just on the point where you exit hyperspace from a worlds biggest trade partner) but there's low chance of the pirates being intercepted in turn by the police.

As for the Mecha stuff, don't count on it. A Mecha creation system needs create a variety of different designs quickly.

For an original idea, Hell's Gate, anyone ever read this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ture/HellsGate ? Well imagine a city built around the titular gate in that series, it would span multiple worlds and timezones, perfect for an adventure. This would most likely be in the Infinite Worlds
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #27
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Except that PK already has. Alas, his "After The End" series has been tabled indefinitely.
I would think realistic looks at how infrastructure, food, etc. break down if humanity were to suddenly die regardless of reason would be the ultimate Generic backdrop.
Heck, just knowing basics like how gasoline degrades within months would add to most settings not of the silly Mad Max type. (No, I haven't seen the reboot.)
Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #28
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
The period between the fall of Rome and the rise of the Vikings could use some love.
The 5th century to 10th century A.D. doesn't get many stories I know of, that's for sure.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #29
Blind Mapmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortega View Post
Here my list:
- supporting cast: weird circus
and so on...)
There are at least two characters for that in GURPS Villains (3rd Edition). And I think they have a sidebar with additional characters in the circus or freak show. But I might be confusing that with the original short story.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #30
panton41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
The period between the fall of Rome and the rise of the Vikings could use some love.
The Viking Era ended in 1066 at the Battle of Stamford Bridge and the Roman Empire ended in 1453 when Constantinople fell to the Turks. How exactly is this book possible?

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rules, supplements