Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #71
Mysteris

Default Re: [OOC] In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

I'm in Cali, PST Time Zome. :)

See you at the game!
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #72
tHEhERETIC

I'm here. In the chat room. Hope I got the right day and time this time :/
Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #73
Methariel

Hm, for some reason or another I can't reconnect. I don't know if it's the programme or my connection.
I'll keep on trying, but if I fail... What about invading darkmistress' chat room?
Or do we have to announce that first?

Peter
Old 09-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #74
tHEhERETIC

Domo arigato to Dark Mistress again for letting us use her virtual room!

To see what went on tonight's chat, you can read the transcript (with most OOC things edited out, to hopefully make for better reading).

I had a great time--I hope you did.

All characters BTW are still in Ryuki's living room, and we can pick up from there. Puck--it's up to you where Mitch is, though I suggest being somewhere other than Ryuki's living room...

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERE...07postedit.htm
Old 09-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #75
Puck

Default Re: Fixing my files

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Sorry to double-post like this--organizing my game when I'm supposed to be doing more 3-D things. My bad...

Anyway, I've lost a couple of things and I'm hoping you can fill them in for me.
  • Mysteris, have your real name but forgot to write down what time zone/city you're in
  • rudeboyscott, lost your city/time zone. Could probably find it if I dug hard enough.
  • Puck--can't find your stats at all. I know you sent them...it looks like I lost them.

Fill me in please?
Sent you the stats in a PM
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM   #76
Sylver
MIB

Hugs, everyone!

I'm in the middle of a 24h/3day convention and after this post no longer have regular internet access..

I'll post again on Wednesday..

Sorry!

Have fun! :)
Can't wait for the chat on Friday! :)
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #77
tHEhERETIC

Default Loose canon: magick and sorcery

Corporeal Guide pp 69-74--I am (amazed to be) completely on canon. Pgs. 31-32 not so much--I'm a little "off-book" there. Still if you need to know where I'm drawing from with Ryuki, there it is.

Above the line, nearly any celestial knows. Below it requires some experience with sorcery/occult.

Sorcery, from the celestial perspective, is demons loaning power to humans (or more rarely, a human who's learned to spend his own Essence). Since demons don't give these things away unless there's a bigger payoff at the end, it's generally held that the sorcerer has made a deal with a demon. It's generally assumed that the sorcerer has signed a contract or otherwise negotiated this deal--straightforward, more or less. The wiser angels--or perhaps those with infernal experience--appreciate that demons lie and lie well. Initiation happens.
---------------
The Book of Enoch lays the fault for sorcery on the early Grigori, but that's a side theory.

The Book of Enoch, however, is one of several tomes considered necessary for the education of any serious occultist. A number of other tomes both ancient and modern are also considered necessary, though there are enough dabblers who've only read New Age fluff that 'educated' and 'occultist' are no longer synonymous.

The one unifying theory of magick/occult/sorcery inside both the serious tomes and the fluff is the concept of Will as the driving force behind magick. One imposes one's Will on the universe through focus and training. This is the same Will that demons use, the very same celestial force, selfishness incarnate. It can come from the sorcerer himself or be borrowed from other sources. It is the opposite of Perception and unified obedience that drives angels.

This is mortals affecting the Symphony in small but unnatural ways. In theory such a mortal could spend Essence to power his work, but in practice this would require an unusual talent. More likely a sorcerer would simply focus Will, with less dramatic results but less Disturbance. Of course, if a demon were to work closely with such a mortal, he might also provide him with loose Essence. In addition any spell of any consequence i.e. with readily perceptible effects will require Essence and create disturbance. Luck charms are the gateway drug; banishings and summonings are the hard stuff.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-19-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: qualifying what is common knowledge, checked against canon, bringing closer to canon
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #78
Sylver
MIB

Is there a chat game today like last week, at 5PM Cal-time?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #79
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Is there a chat game today like last week, at 5PM Cal-time?

Yep--is your room working/stable or should we keep using DM's?

Also I'll have to run it a little short. I have folks over at 9pm my time for a live game, and I am so unprepared!

B
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #80
Sylver
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Yep--is your room working/stable or should we keep using DM's?

Also I'll have to run it a little short. I have folks over at 9pm my time for a live game, and I am so unprepared!

B
To the best of my knowledge.. Let's try there and move if necessary?

Nevermind.. It seems that either the room is acting up or it doesn't like the dial-up I'm using, but it's not reliable today..

Let's try DM's room..

I hope we'll get the chat room fixed once we're settled into the new apt.. :)

Last edited by Sylver; 10-05-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Checked and didn't work..

Tags
in nomine