Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #1431
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: [OOC] In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
I've been lurking this game for ages, and would be into playing a new one.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch finishes his phone call and tucks it away "Where are you off too if you don't mind me asking?"
---pokes Puck--
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #1432
tHEhERETIC

I was at Angel-in-us today (it's a chain of coffee stores, sort of an Asian Starbucks) and saw a painting of a pair of wings on the wall. life-sized. So I wheedled the barista for a snapshot and put it up on a web page.

Damned HTML-by-hand, the headers aren't behaving for me, and I've got actual work I should be doing. O:)

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/author.html
Old 05-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #1433
tHEhERETIC

Hanging back a day or two for alexondria to come back from no-net land. That and at one point Puck did tip his hand on being a seraph. It was subtle IIRC and may have been in the heat of battle--I have to find the instance, judge how easy/hard it would be to miss, and do the math on Ryuki's thought processes/draw cards. And Marty's, because he's not stupid. Of course, if anyone could point me to that instance, it would save me some time...
---edit nonbumpiness--

posts 2638-39 it's vague enough and the circumstances hot enough that no, he's not able to peg you. Yet. My hat's off to Puck.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-11-2011 at 01:08 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #1434
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
(now the bad news- I'm getting on a plane at 6am in the morning and I might have some internet access in the airports, though it will likely be spotty after that it will be the 14th or 15th before I have internet access again)
Getting twitchy--will likely post tomorrow. Possibly later tonight if I get a burst of insomnia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Brainstorming a Part Two, so to speak. ...

Have a DP involved, still trying to sort out which one it is.

Tentative title is 'Pacific War' because it takes place in L.A., San Francisco, possibly Tokyo and/or Nagasaki and possibly eastern Russia. Seoul should be in there just because that's where I am IRL, but it hasn't jumped up and bit me yet.
DP or two...
Looking around I'm thinking Busan is an angel town (it's the one city that didn't fall when the North Koreans invaded). Seoul I don't know. Destroying Tokyo is about as original as destroying L.A...still tossing everything around.

Speaking of which...that's one seriously weighted reply from Ryuki. I've had to contemplate how many lies would be involved in saying, "Nah, I'm fine."

Non-bumpity--I'm looking at http://todaysmeet.com/ for a session, first session of the new story. The Twitter-like character limit will drive me batty, but it looks stable and it will archive. Any thoughts? Other than "time zones suck"?

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-14-2011 at 04:29 AM. Reason: nonbump
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #1435
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
*this bad luck streak is a game mechanic, though it will take me a minute to look it up. I honestly don't remember whether it's just for sorcerers, just for humans, or for anyone who spends Essence.
Technically, anyone who spends Essence, but it's usually associated with ordinary mortals. As I recall, there's not a formal game mechanic: it's just that a human who is out of Essence has nothing to channel into a "lucky break" or "miraculous success," a la the mother lifting a Volkswagen to free her baby.

So it's not so much that you hit a streak of bad luck ... it's that the good luck that might spontaneously hit you (through a gotta-do-it Essence burst) doesn't happen. This is also referenced in the description of how Impudites work more easily in the modern day: "Who notices a bit less 'good luck?' "

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine