Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
rerednaw

Default Psychics and Fatigue Recovery

What methods are available (other than time) to help with fatigue recovery if you have a psychic character (no magery/recover energy). If this isn’t in the basic book, which splat/source(s) please?

Or would you make a variant of Regeneration...but add a modifer (?%) fatigue only, though that seems costly compared to just buying fatigue up.

Thanks!

Last edited by rerednaw; 08-10-2018 at 08:09 PM.
rerednaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Psychics and Fatigue Recovery

In Pyramid #3/97, in the article "High Psi", I wrote up the Psychic Recovery skill, which lets you recover FP spent on psionic abilities, extra effort, techniques, etc. faster.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #3
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

• Regeneration, FP/FP Only.
  • FP Leech.
  • Blood Healing.
  • Social Vampire.
  • A few FP-recovering drugs/potions.
  • Other people with Healing (FP) willing to help out.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
evileeyore
Banned

Breathe Control can regain 1 FP per 2 minutes with a successful roll.

I one campaign I ran I treated Breathe Control and Meditation as FP recovery options equal to the Recover Energy spell, I did require UBCs for them to work this way however (they didn't combine and PCs could use whichever they wanted, Breath Control was covered by Trained By A Master and Meditation by a Psionic UBC).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerednaw View Post
What methids are available (other than time) to help with fatigue recovery if you have a psychic character (no magery/recover energy). If this isn’t in the basic book, which splat/source(s) please?

Or would you make a variant of Regeneration...but add a modifer (?%) fatigue only,
Regeneration: Fatigue is +100% or +0% if it only regenerates Fatigue. If it only regenerates fatigue from a specific source that would be a limitation.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
rerednaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Breathe Control can regain 1 FP per 2 minutes with a successful roll.

I one campaign I ran I treated Breathe Control and Meditation as FP recovery options equal to the Recover Energy spell, I did require UBCs for them to work this way however (they didn't combine and PCs could use whichever they wanted, Breath Control was covered by Trained By A Master and Meditation by a Psionic UBC).
Thanks, this is perfect! I also found that Fit, a 5 point advantage increases FP recovery.

Definitely works with the concept and much better than spending 20 points for 2 FP per day (1/12 hours) or 50 points for 1 FP per hour. (Regen, FP only)

The fantasy campaign is 250 points unless you have any powers or are a mage, then you have 200 only. Also characteristics are capped at 14 so anything that helps with FP is cool.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerednaw View Post
Thanks, this is perfect! I also found that Fit, a 5 point advantage increases FP recovery.
Note that Fit and Very Fit explicitly do not apply to FP spent on supernatural abilities, only that lost to physical exertion. While Breath Control doesn't technically have a similar general restriction, it does specifically disallow combining it with spells to recover energy quickly, and I generally rule that it's got the same limitations as Fit/Very Fit: it's for recovering FP lost to physical exertion, not supernatural abilities.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote