Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
JimmyPlenty

Default Wondering about playmats m1-m3

I know they are gone, but will they come back?
JimmyPlenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #2
Mack_JB

Default Re: Wondering about playmats m1-m3

One assumes yes, likely in conjunction with the next Ogre crowdfunding campaign where they can be piggy-backed on cleanly.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
One assumes yes, likely in conjunction with the next Ogre crowdfunding campaign where they can be piggy-backed on cleanly.
Other than adding to the miniature mix there's not much left to add except the completion of Fire Mountain for the ODE. ON to some Advanced Ogre/GEV.

On a personal note I'd like to see the Ogrethulhu brought back along with the spawn and complimentary units; This as well as a canon decision on how the Ogrethulhu is used and a backstory like what we have for the Vatican Guard. Perhaps a combo 3d cardboard and mini figures for it and the Kaiju along with a canon set of rules for the Kaiju as well. Perhaps even a playmat with new terrain for them. be glad to send some of my notes in as well as I'm sure other ogreists have theirs.

Maybe a new scenario book that uses only the playmats singly or combined.

Maybe a blue playmat with island mod pieces for one side and the reverse side white for ICEPICK; for more GEV an Shockwave and less Ogre.

Then the cyber ships will have somewhere to play.

I mean I have a lot of these things already but most aren't as nuts as I am.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #4
HeatDeath

To the extremely loose degree that Ogre can be said to even have a canon [which, admittedly, is far more than it ever used to be given the amount of published fiction in Ogrezine], Ogrethulhu was never part of it.

And they can't really do reverse sides on playmats.

Cyberships are fascinating to me too, but the Ogre game engine is almost entirely unsuited for the glass-sledgehammers-playing-cat-and-mouse-with-each-other dynamic that is modern naval combat.

Hmmm. Harpoon V is coming out in a few months - it'll be interesting to take it's [very likely] rules for railgun artillery, nuclear warheads, and laser point defense, turn the power curve up to 11, and see if there's any game left there.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #5
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
To the extremely loose degree that Ogre can be said to even have a canon [which, admittedly, is far more than it ever used to be given the amount of published fiction in Ogrezine], Ogrethulhu was never part of it.
Would you like to see the box the Ogrethulhu came in? Sure looks like part of SJ Games to me....just got lost in the cracks like the rules for the BGGzilla in being used. Has a record card and everything. Just sad nothing for the claws.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:38 AM   #6
CON_Troll

At the moment WH23 seems to have all seven mats (M1 through M7) available again. Get 'em while you can!