Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Now that you mention it, I have been wondering about the map's legends. Could we have a list of symbols? It might be helpful when reading the map.
I just created and uploaded a document named "Legend". It describes a lot of the symbols there.

Quote:
On the other hand, how many yards is the smallest square? For example, in map 12 there's a place called "establishments", and there is another label that's blurry and there are smaller squares over there.
The small squares on the underlying grid are 5 feet. Sorry, that wasn't clear at all. Though I mostly orient the size by knowing the hallways are narrow and extrapolating from there.

Quote:
I downloaded the maps when I joined the IC, I think you did great job now; I know it takes a deal of effort to finish stuff like this.
Thanks. The map is actually older than the game. It was originally built for playing damage control after a hit with. Which is why its flammability is rather well defined (and surprisingly high)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I look at the maps when coming up with a plan to do XYZ (Burn flour, steal filler, etc.) Guess the symbol can be difficult sometimes, though having multiple locations indicated can make things easier.

Are the maps known/accurate information? Might try to come up with a plan to burn the quarters in 11F, 13F, 15F (x2), and 17G...
The maps are known information to the dreadstormers: getting the floor plans of old enemy ship designs is something intelligence agencies are rather good at.

Because the ship is old, some design decisions may have been slightly modified. Which is to say I haven't combed over the thing with a fine toothed comb and I reserve the right to occasionally reverse the layout of a kitchen if it makes a lot of sense. Fair enough?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote