Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #11
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"I understand that but I've been burned before. Words can kill as easily as regret. I've learned the hard way to be cautious."
"Regret kills?" Ryuki.

"Slowly." Corat's usually more wordy than that.

"Unless someone intervenes." Kyle gives Corat a gentle punch in the shoulder. "Let me guess..." he scratches his stubbly chin a minute, "Gabriel?"
Old 02-05-2018, 12:25 AM   #12
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Regret kills?" Ryuki.
"It can cause you to doubt yourself and hesitate at the wrong moment. In a fight you can't afford that."

Quote:
"Unless someone intervenes." Kyle gives Corat a gentle punch in the shoulder. "Let me guess..." he scratches his stubbly chin a minute, "Gabriel?"
Sunae blinks in surprise and gives him a small smile. She bows her head briefly.

"I'm impressed."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #13
Puck

Quote:
"It can cause you to doubt yourself and hesitate at the wrong moment. In a fight you can't afford that."

Sunae blinks in surprise and gives him a small smile. She bows her head briefly.

"I'm impressed."
Mich pulls open the door and strolls in. He's back in his pawnshop owner look, jeans and a short sleeve shirt, both clean and unwrinkled. He lets the door close behind him and gives the small group of customers a quick once over before joining the group at Corat's table. "Afternoon, mind if I join you?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:17 AM   #14
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

"I'm impressed."
"Nah, we've met. You were pretty clear then, and even if I didn't remember you're pretty clear. Martial, zealous, and I haven't heard much about you in Mike's camp. So--the hermit angel. That and you weren't intimidated when she was around. Most folks are."

He puts a little warmth in his smile, to try to look more familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mich pulls open the door and strolls in. He's back in his pawnshop owner look, jeans and a short sleeve shirt, both clean and unwrinkled. He lets the door close behind him and gives the small group of customers a quick once over before joining the group at Corat's table. "Afternoon, mind if I join you?"
"Yeah, pull up a seat." Mitch might remember Kyle as looking a bit younger and less fearsome when they last met. "Marc's man. Good to see you again. Zucchini? Beer?"
Old 02-06-2018, 08:12 AM   #15
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Nah, we've met. You were pretty clear then, and even if I didn't remember you're pretty clear...."

He puts a little warmth in his smile, to try to look more familiar.
Sunae thinks for a few seconds before the park of recognition appears in her eyes.

"Ah, right. It has been a while"

Quote:
"...So--the hermit angel..."
"I'm no angel. And I am no hermit. I am just very picky whom I speak to, although <she looks at Ryuki> I obviously was not picky enough."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-06-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #16
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae ...

"I'm no angel. And I am no hermit. I am just very picky whom I speak to, although <she looks at Ryuki> I obviously was not picky enough."
Kyle wrinkles his nose.

"I think he was referring to Gabriel as the hermit angel," Ryuki diverts. "And I hope you weren't referring to me."
Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #17
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Kyle wrinkles his nose.

"I think he was referring to Gabriel as the hermit angel," Ryuki diverts. "And I hope you weren't referring to me."
"Ah. My mistake. My apologies," Sunae says as she bows her head to Kyle.

Then she looks at Ryuki, "And what if I were?"
Old 02-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #18
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Ah. My mistake. My apologies," Sunae says as she bows her head to Kyle.

Then she looks at Ryuki, "And what if I were?"
Ryuki sits back in his chair. He puts his hands down on the table, having not picked up a fork in the first place, and takes a second to choose his words. The two War angels studiously avoid looking at either of them.

"Don't 'if'. Do you regret speaking to me?" A literal tip of the hand shows he's aware of Mitch's presence in this potentially tense situation.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #19
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki sits back in his chair. He puts his hands down on the table, having not picked up a fork in the first place, and takes a second to choose his words. The two War angels studiously avoid looking at either of them.

"Don't 'if'. Do you regret speaking to me?" A literal tip of the hand shows he's aware of Mitch's presence in this potentially tense situation.
Sunae remains calm and answers very matter of factly. She has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to hide.

"That was actually meant to be a joke. For someone who loves his games, you have no sense of humour. But to answer your question, no. I don't regret speaking to you. However, being here is unusually complicated for me. You know how I feel about you, I never kept that a secret. I know you don't feel the same way and that's fine. We are not what the other needs and I accept that."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 02-07-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:29 AM   #20
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae remains calm and answers very matter of factly. She has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to hide.

"That was actually meant to be a joke. For someone who loves his games, you have no sense of humour. But to answer your question, no. I don't regret speaking to you. However, being here is unusually complicated for me. You know how I feel about you, I never kept that a secret. I know you don't feel the same way and that's fine. We are not what the other needs and I accept that."
A joke? Grrrr not funny. He doesn't say it, but it's written on his face. Ryuki clearly hopes someone else steps in to this conversation, but the two Warbees have a sudden fascination with the fried zucchini on the table. "You know," he says, barely audible, "every time you say that I take it as a challenge."