Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #111
Kymage

Default Re: AH Gurps setting British North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo2001 View Post
Decades ago, at least in the Eighties and maybe in the Seventies, I read a very early AH novel written as a history with quite a different branching from a British victory at Saratoga. Basically it resulted in two powerful nations as eternal rivals in North America, one formed by exiled Jeffersonians who, under Andrew Jackson, conquered and kept Mexico. I haven't any real idea what the title was, and, as usual for me, I don't remember the author. It probably fell out of print because it was before its time and it was written as a history, not an adventure in the usual fashion for alternative history stories. But the timeline was very plausible once it passed beyond the conquest of Mexico, and even that was an extrapolation of what could have happened at the end of the real Mexican War: Europe was stunned when the USA did not annex all of Mexico.
That sounds like "For Want of a Nail" by Robert Sobel published back in 1973. It's been republished and is quite interesting.
Kymage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds