Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 04-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #11
swordtart

Default Re: Friendly fire... from yourself?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylogan View Post
His vector was such that he was traveling backward, so the collision for the bumper trigger caused it to drop 'behind' him half way (it was bottom mounted). Since he was currently headed 'backwards' then it stuck out past his 'front.'

Understand now?
That makes perfect sense, but it wasn't what I had understood from the OP ;)

Mounting an FCE under seems a little unwise, since you only get 2 phases to move off it before it ignites. With any dropped weapon mounted under, you are immediately touching any counter that you drop.

I sometimes mount smoke or tear gas under (particularly dischargers), but I'd baulk at anything else.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:29 PM   #12
Lindmark71

Default Re: Friendly fire... from yourself?!

Whether it’s an official rule or not, it’s always been a house rule that dropped weapons counter will conform to walls that prevent it from being laid down in full.
Skidding into a wall with a bumper triggered ice discharger is always entertaining... for everyone else.

Curt
Lindmark71 is offline   Reply With Quote