Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
felwred

Default International Tabletop Gaming Day - Munchkin Promos

Phil mentioned that our FLGS's who participated in the International Tabletop Gaming day with SJG's would be able to order some of the promo items (like the hoodies). I checked with the store in my nearby area that carries Munchkin and they aren't ordering the promo kit this year. Is there a way to find a list of shops carrying the promo kits this (and/or each) year so we can reward their patronage/buy from them?

Fred
felwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: International Tabletop Gaming Day - Munchkin Promos

Your best bet is most likely to go to TableTopDay.com -- I think they'll post their map of participating stores again, if they haven't already.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
felwred

Andrew,

Thanks for the resource. It's a good start but it doesn't list the shops that will be carrying Munchkin related promos for the International Tabletop Gaming Day. My local gaming store in Broomfield is listed as participating but said they wouldn't be purchasing the Munchkin promo kit for it this year. I'm hoping to find shops that are carrying it (mainly looking at getting the Hoodie but may buy other items as well).

I guess the keys would be ITGD participants who also are participating in the Munchkin element of the event (carrying the promo kit and potentially ordering specific items associated with it, etc.)

Fred
Old 03-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

They don't get to pick and choose the promos they get. It's either the small package or the big one, and both packages have some Munchkin swag. Or, I guess, they could list themselves as running events and not buy the promo kit at all.

I think only the big one has a hoodie, so if you're specifically interested in that (and, fyi, there's only one in each package), call participating stores in your area and see which package(s) they're ordering. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a hoodie in your size* that they can set aside for you.

* Note: the hoodies tend to run about a size small, so if you typically wear a L, look for an XL unless you like a really snug fit.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #5
felwred

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
martinkaca

So I managed to win the hoodie from my flgs but all they had was an XL. I normally wear a XXL. The fit is quite snug. Will there be a way to order these in the future as I would really like one that fits me.

Also, they didn't seem to have any of the bookmarks but had dungeon cards instead.

I assume there is a rule tied to the hoodie as well. Is it the same rule that applies to the regular sweatshirt?

Last edited by martinkaca; 04-11-2015 at 02:07 PM.
martinkaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
probablynot

I bought the hoodie today. Really disappointed in it. I wear an Large in most clothing and this hoodie is labeled XL but it is very snug, almost constricting. Its either mislabeled or they are using strange sizes. I guess I need to see if I can return it or ebay it. *sigh*
probablynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
martinkaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by probablynot View Post
I bought the hoodie today. Really disappointed in it. I wear an Large in most clothing and this hoodie is labeled XL but it is very snug, almost constricting. Its either mislabeled or they are using strange sizes. I guess I need to see if I can return it or ebay it. *sigh*
May I ask where you bought it from? I did not see it for sale on the website. And they did mention it ran small but I was able to squeeze into the "XL" but not very comfortably.
martinkaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #9
DS-00-0, FSD

No bookmark this year, just the dungeon card (which I prefer anyway).

I would also like to give props to SJG who had FREE PIZZA delivered to our MIB who was running games and demos. I'm not aware of any other company that does something as cool as that!!!
DS-00-0, FSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #10
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by probablynot View Post
We're very sorry. ALL the hoodies ran smaller than expected, and we did try to warn store owners that people should try for at least one size up. Evidently not all the stores got the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
I assume there is a rule tied to the hoodie as well. Is it the same rule that applies to the regular sweatshirt?
No, but there are four new cards inside the tag.