Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
zedlopez

Default grappling & posture and grappling & letting go

1. I had thought that when the Basic Set said you could try to pin someone if you were grappling their torso and they were "on the ground" it meant they could be any of lying, sitting, or crawling. But now I see that DFRPG says specifically that they must be lying and I'm wondering if I had the Basic Set's intention wrong all along. Can you attempt to pin someone who's sitting or crawling?

2. B370 says that when you're grappling someone "Letting go is a free action on your turn", emphasis in original. Martial Arts p. 122 says "The grappler has no penalties. However, he can't parry with a limb without releasing its hold on his victim. To retreat or use Acrobatic Dodge, he must let go with all of his limbs." So... is it meant to be possible for a grappler to release their hold to attempt an active defense that would be impossible otherwise? The point of the former seemed to be to say no.

3. When the takedown rules say the grappled opponent must be standing, is that meant to be read as 'on their feet' and thus includes crouching? Or does dropping into a crouch really make you takedown-proof?

Last edited by zedlopez; 09-10-2018 at 12:10 PM.
zedlopez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grappling, kromm explanation, posture, turn, turns