Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-02-2022, 09:48 PM   #41
Dalillama

Default Re: Characters from Songs

Vida is from lad Vida Loca
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #42
RyanW

Unnamed (later revealed to be Warren Beatty)

Handsome and/or Charisma
Fashion Sense
Serendipity
Signature Gear (Lear Jet)
Perk: Sexy Pose (though probably renamed Sexy Swagger, for the correct flavor)
Lecherousness
Selfishness
Enemy (Carly Simon)
Delusion (This song is about me)
Old 08-02-2022, 11:12 PM   #43
Dalillama

Johnny (again)
Average attributes

CF: Western
Languages: English (Native/None), Tamil (Broken/None)

Advantages: Independent Income 1 (Military pension)

Disadvantages: Blind, Lame (No legs), One arm, Dependent (small child, possibly wife)

Skills:
Soldier
Guns (Black powder)
Farming
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #44
David Johnston2

Elcid Barrett

TL 5

ST=10
DX=10
IQ=10
HT=10

Advantages: Comfortable, Charisma 1, Ship Owner

Perks: Letter of Marque

Disadvantages: Overconfident

Skills: Fast Talk 12, Shiphandling 10, Seaman 9, Fishing 11, Gunnery (Cannon) 10,

Barrett is a very dangerous man. To his crew who are mostly idiots who can't see his overconfidence for what it is.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 08-02-2022 at 11:56 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:19 AM   #45
RGTraynor

Default Re: John Lee Pettimore III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Should also have Traps skill
Not actually necessary, if what he's got the holler down Copperhead Road boobytrapped with are claymores and IEDs. Explosives (Demolitions) explicitly states that you should use that skill rather than Traps to set explosive traps.

And Varyon, the Wikipedia article says that a fellow named Travis Meyer was responsible for Devil Went Down To Jamaica. Honestly, I'd always thought that Ray Stevens had done it. (Ironies: the only time I ever smoked Vietnamese weed was in the local FLGS. Truth.)

GREAT thread, by the bye!

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.

Last edited by RGTraynor; 08-03-2022 at 12:27 AM.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:35 AM   #46
RGTraynor

Default And in the line of stripped down characters ...

April

Attractive
Unluckiness
Wealth/Poor
Cooking-6 (default)
Quirk: Reflexively snarky

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:35 AM   #47
David Johnston2

Default Re: John Lee Pettimore III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTraynor View Post
Not actually necessary, if what he's got the holler down Copperhead Road boobytrapped with are claymores and IEDs. Explosives (Demolitions) explicitly states that you should use that skill rather than Traps to set explosive traps.
Quite a lot of the Viet Cong traps were low tech. Punji sticks and tiger traps.They could be worse because they weren't made of detectible metal.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:26 AM   #48
Pursuivant

Ghost of Anne Boleyn
5'3" 100 lbs. Slender figure; olive-skinned (usually hidden by white face powder); long straight dark brown hair tucked into a coif, dark brown eyes. Headless ghost wearing bloody clothes with head carried under one arm.

Attributes: ST: 9; DX: 11; IQ: 12; HT: 10

Secondary Traits: HP 9; Basic Speed: 5.25; Basic Move 5; Per: 11 [-5]; Will: 12; FP: 10.

Advantages: Charisma 1; Doesn't Breathe; Doesn't Eat or Drink; Fearlessness 1; Injury Tolerance (Diffuse) (Limitation: Not with respect to other ghosts, -40%); Insubstantiality (Limitation: Not with respect to other ghosts, -20%); Invisibility (Limitation: Not to other ghosts, -20%); Reputation (+2, Unfairly Executed Christian Martyr/Early Feminist Icon, Large Group, 12-); Status 6 (Limitation: Honorary, -80%); Unaging; Unkillable 3.

Perk: Dabbler (Area Knowledge (England, France, and Protestant Netherlands); Literature; Occultism; Philosophy (Humanist)); Sartorial Integrity; Statuesque (Attractive).

Disadvantages: Appearance (Hideous); Bad Temper (Limitation: Verbal Assault Only, -60%, 9-); Compulsive Behavior (Haunting); Dependency (Tower of London Grounds (Common), Constantly); Divine Curse (Forced to haunt the Tower of London for eternity); Enemy (Rival; Powerful Individual - Ghost of Henry VIII); Independent Head*; Nocturnal; OPH (-1, Sharp-tongued and Uppity); Reputation (-2, Adulteress, Small Group, All the Time); Reputation (-4, Heretic and Schismatist, Small Group, All the Time); Social Stigma (Dead); Wealth (Dead Broke).

Quirks: Devout Christian - devoted to Virgin Mary; Distinctive Feature (Carries her head tucked underneath her arm); Distinctive Feature (Always wears the blood-soaked clothing she was wearing when executed); Intellectually curious; Proud; Susceptibility (Head Colds); Well-Mannered with her social equals and superiors, at least in public.

Skills: Acting; Administration; Area Knowledge (Boleyn family lands and castles); Area Knowledge (English royal lands and castles); Artist (Drawing); Bow Sport; Crossbow; Connoisseur (Fashion); Carousing; Dancing; Diplomacy; Falconry; Fast-Talk; Gambling; History; Hobby (Family Genealogy); Hobby (Equestrian Hunting); Hobby (Needlepoint); Housekeeping; Politics; Musical Instrument (Lute); Musical Instrument (Recorder); Musical Instrument (Virginal); Poetry; Riding (Horse); Savoir-Faire; Singing; Sport (Bowls); Theology (Christian); Writing.

Languages: Early Modern English (Native); Early Modern French (Native); Early Modern Dutch (Broken); Medieval Latin (Broken/Accented).

Cultural Familiarity: Renaissance European [0].

In Anne's case, the Sartorial Integrity perk just means that her appearance and clothing "resets" back to its original appearance. The bloodstains are permanent.

Anne Boleyn was, by all accounts, an attractive, vivacious, and clever woman who was a model daughter and lady in waiting. While she was normally charming and well-mannered, she could have a vicious temper, expressed in the form of brutal invective rather than physical violence. By the standards of the day, she was strong-willed and independent-minded. While those traits made her attractive as a challenging romantic conquest, they helped doom her marriage. As the daughter of an Earl who served as ambassador to the Netherlands and France, she received an exceptionally good education. She was mostly raised abroad, spending time as a maid of honor to the queen of France, and might have had a faint French accent. She was an accomplished dancer, musician, and singer, and enjoyed archery, gambling, games, and hunting (on horseback with falcons, or on foot with a crossbow).

In life Anne Boleyn would have had Allies, Attractive Appearance, Patron (Father or husband, 6-), full Status 6 (once she became queen, Status 3 when she was single), and Wealth (Filthy Rich). She would have also had Duty (To King and Court, Non-Hazardous, 9-); Secret (Supporter of Protestant Reforms) and Social Stigma (Valuable Property). She might have had Sense of Duty (Family). Remove the Statuesque perk, and add Ambitious as a quirk.

*Independent Head (-5 points): This is the disadvantageous version of Independent Body Parts. You have a head which is permanently detached from your body. While you can set your head on top of your neck, you have trouble keeping it there without resorting to clamps, glue, or similar measures. Alternately, you can carry it in your arms or in a harness attached to your chest.

Any hit to any part of your head knocks your head off on a roll of 12 or less; +1 per point of basic damage inflicted. A cutting attack to the neck that inflicts full HP or more decapitates you without injury. You must also make a DX roll to keep your head on when you bend over, move at more than half your basic Move, or perform any other vigorous activity. Failure means that your head falls off and rolls 1d-1 yards in a random direction.

While your head is detached, your body has Injury Tolerance (No Head), but also Blindess, Deafness, Mute, and No Sense of Smell/Taste. Your head has your DX and HT, HP/2, and Move and Dodge 0. It has a relative SM of -5 (e.g., SM -4 for a SM +1 troll). Your head and body can communicate out to a range of 10 yards, allowing you to sense your surroundings from the point of view of your head as if you had Clairsentience. If your body goes more than 10 yards from your head, however, the sensory link is severed. Your head retains its senses, but can no longer communicate that information to the body. The body must move blindly to get back into range.

Your head can bite at full ST in close combat. If it is your seat of consciousness, your body fights as its ally, but at -2 to hit if the head must remotely direct the body, -10 (for Blindness) otherwise. If your head isn't your seat of consciousness (for instance, if you have No Brain), it fights as an ally of your body. The head must direct the body to reattach it to the body (or vice-versa).

At the GM’s option, the head might be able to attack on its own using Innate Attacks or supernatural powers which can be activated using just mental ability (e.g., psionics or spells which can be cast without gestures). You cannot speak if your head is detached unless you also have Doesn’t Breathe or you have previously defined your speech center as being someplace other than your mouth. If you are Mute only while your head is removed, apply a -40% limitation to that trait.

Last edited by Pursuivant; 08-03-2022 at 04:46 AM.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:22 AM   #49
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

The Hat

ST 0
DX 12
IQ 14
HT 12

Advantages
Compartmentalized Mind (Magical)
Higher Purpose (Tradition: Animation Magic)
Magery 4
Possession (Melee, Reach C, Only Inanimate Humanoid Simulacra, Telecontrol, Magical)
Ritual Adept
Serendipity 2 (Magical)
TK 12 (Animation, Only with Possession, Magical)
Unkillable 2 (Magical)

Disadvantages
Addiction (Nicotene)
Chummy
Trickster

Perks
Brotherhood (Children)

Quirks
Child-like

Skills:
Dancing-12
Games (School Yard Games)-14
Thaumatology-18
Path of Spirit-16
Path of Undeath-16
Path of Matter -16

----
Whether the necromancer intended this result when he bound his soul to his top hat, even he cannot recall.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:44 AM   #50
Shostak

Inspired by the song “Jupiter’s Child”, a long while back in another thread over on the Roleplaying in General forum I shared the rough outline of a troubled young woman with uncanny abilities.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote