Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Payload based on an user-defined Modifier

Is there a way, as the name suggests, to apply a leveled modifier to Payload to have Payload based on that value instead of ST?
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:49 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Payload based on an user-defined Modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Is there a way, as the name suggests, to apply a leveled modifier to Payload to have Payload based on that value instead of ST?
I'm going to say. . . yeeesss?

Assuming you want the level of the modifier to replace the Basic Lift/10 part of the payload capacity, I think if the Payload's %cap% variable was changed from this:

%cap% = "ST:Basic Lift"/10 * %level

to this:

%cap% = @hasmod(Modifier Name Here) * %level

That would handle the advantage part.

You'd then have to also change the created Payload Items equipment item to refer to the modifier instead of Basic Lift in the weightcapacity() tag, from this:

weightcapacity( "ST:Basic Lift"/10 * linked::level)

to maybe this:

weightcapacity( @itemhasmod(AD:Payload, Modifier Name Here) * linked::level)

I think that would do it, but I have *not* tested this.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:13 PM   #3
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
%cap% = @hasmod(Modifier Name Here) * %level
Would that work for an enhancement applied to the Payload, or would that have to be a stand-alone advantage?

(Understanding that this is all hypothetical until I can go in and try breaking GCA again.)
Old 06-27-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Would that work for an enhancement applied to the Payload, or would that have to be a stand-alone advantage?

(Understanding that this is all hypothetical until I can go in and try breaking GCA again.)
These changes are very specifically intended to work *only* for a modifier to the Payload advantage (as it is defined in Basic Set, which uses a bunch of variables and a linked equipment item). It doesn't matter whether it's an enhancement or a limitation, so long as Modifier Name Here is replaced with the name of the leveled modifier to be used.

That specific %cap% variable is defined in the Payload advantage, so it will only work there (if I've set it all up correctly.)

ETA: Specifically, the @hasmod() function looks for a modifier *on the trait* that has the given name, and returns the level for it. That's why I had to use @itemHasMod() on the linked Payload Items equipment item, because it needs to also specify what item to look at for the given modifier it needs the level of.

So, the level of the enhancement would be replacing Basic Lift/10 as the poundage in the formula, then multiplied by the level of the Payload for the total weight capacity.

Last edited by Armin; 06-27-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #5
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
These changes are very specifically intended to work *only* for a modifier to the Payload advantage (as it is defined in Basic Set, which uses a bunch of variables and a linked equipment item). It doesn't matter whether it's an enhancement or a limitation, so long as Modifier Name Here is replaced with the name of the leveled modifier to be used.

That specific %cap% variable is defined in the Payload advantage, so it will only work there (if I've set it all up correctly.)
Awesome Possum. I'll see about crashing to desktop here in a bit.

[eta]
The first part does work, without a CTD (my system has been very hinky the last few days). Will be checking the second part here shortly.
[/eta]

[eta2]
Awesome, both parts work!

Armin, you are awesome. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.
[/eta2]

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 06-27-2022 at 04:38 PM. Reason: First batch of testing, success!