Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#32): Damage Resistance, Nictitating Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
As for Flynndaran's "cyborg with subcutaneous armor" example, which I should have commented on in my previous post, I'd say you need to No Signature to both layers of armor. The Limitation there isn't "Once I'm hit, they know I'm armored*," it's "getting hit reveals that I'm a cyborg." That's Reveals Secret, for +0% RAW, or using the appropriate value from the linked thread for a houserule.

*The sort of attack that a foe isn't going to be aware if they hit or not isn't going to cause much disruption of your disguise. In cases where the attack will reveal you, it's probably going to obvious to anyone watching you were hit, which in turn will make it clear that you're armored, even if you don't look like it. As the concealing layer stays damaged, such that you need to go out of your way to cover it up or you'll be exposed to those who didn't see you No-Sell a flamethrower, I could see justification for dropping the worth of No Signature on the underlayer to half.
Not all robots have hidden armor, so secret isn't an automatic requirement for my concept.

Unless you dictate that every viewer, no matter the angle of view, knows exactly where and with how much force a projectile or impact hits, I don't see why it's impossible for an extra point or two of hidden DR to be automatically revealed.

It's like my very character concept angers some here. I don't get that. I see two situations, one obviously slightly less disadvantageous. I could understand if people were saying that the difference is below Gurps resolution. But people are posting as if I'm not writing English.
I'm going to have to bow out on this thread and my question.

Tags
accessibility, advantage, advantage of the week, damage resistance, limited defenses, monstrous, nictating membrane, [basic]