Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #1571
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Not knowing much about comics or the character specifically, a 12' tall giant that can lift but not throw cars sounds reasonable for the genre.
With BL of almost 2500, you'd be able to throw around cars pretty easily, actually.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:33 AM   #1572
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Heh, I was hoping for the somewhat less obscure original Doctor Nemesis, the co-inventor (retcon, with Dr. Horton) of the android Human Torch and inventor of the more obscure android Volton. :)
Alas, I'm not the type to work every single WWII character into still being active into their 90s and 100s; Cap, Namor, the original Black Widow (Claire Voyant), Arnim Zola, and Red Skull are the obvious exceptions - Cap's and Skull's aging is slower due to Erskine's formula, Namor is because Atlanteans have Extended Lifespan, Voyant is technically dead, and Zola's in younger cloned bodies. Other WWII heroes may have legacy replacements, but aren't actively mentoring (no cases like over in DC, where Ted Grant/Wildcat mentored first his god-daughter Yolanda Montez and then his were-cat son for the role).

Quote:
Huh... Spider-Man level ST at only ~12' height? That's like an order of magnitude more than you'd expect just from scaling. Is he really supposed to be that strong at that height?
Super-level scaling rather than realistic scaling; comes with the territory. Big giants in comics always have superhuman strength. I actually dialed it back some; Pym when stuck at his 10 ft height (as Goliath) was benching 25 tons back in the late '60s, and 100 ft giants like Eric Jostens (Goliath II, Atlas), Hank Pym, and Bill Foster (as Giant-Man I and II, respectively) are in the Class 100 "exceed 100 tons" range.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:33 AM   #1573
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
With BL of almost 2500, you'd be able to throw around cars pretty easily, actually.
Maybe not very far. Should I add a level or two of Super Throw?

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #1574
Phantasm

The FLY

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: The Human Fly.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Former employee of the Silvermane family of the Maggia.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: A career criminal, Richard Deacon served as a gunman and enforcer for the Silvermane family of the Maggia in Chicago, Illinois, for many years (see Maggia; Silvermane). Left for dead after failing to protect a weapons sale from being hit by an independent third party, Deacon was discovered by the criminal scientist Dr. Karl Malus, who in the process of saving Deacon's life spliced housefly DNA into him (see Malus, Dr. Karl). Horrified at the changes to his body wrought by Malus's treatment, Deacon found himself ostracized by his former Maggia comrades. In desperation, he hired himself out as a supervillain. Although he was captured and spent several years in prison, he had a moderately successful career, during which time he faced off against a number of Great Lakes based crimefighters, including the vigilante Nightfox and his team of Rust Belters several times late in their careers before they disbanded and retired.

Recently, Deacon was paroled from prison, a parole secretly arranged by Silver Sable, his old employer's granddaughter (see Silver Sable). Sable questioned him about the weapons sale that had gone sour at the start of his career, then informed him there was a bounty on a pair of new adventurers: Ant-Man and Wasp (in reality, there was no bounty; see Ant-Man; Wasp). Suiting up, the Fly fought the Diminutive Duo on several occasions. Though he was often forced to retreat, he did not permit himself to be recaptured.

After learning that there was no actual bounty on Ant-Man and Wasp, the Fly discovered that Dr. Malus had been seen in Los Angeles. Once in L.A., he hired private investigator Jessica Drew to find Malus, intending revenge. In his attempt to kill Malus, he came into conflict with Malus's current superhuman pawn, the Armadillo, and Drew herself in her costumed identity as Spider-Woman (see Armadillo; Spider-Woman). In the end, Deacon was prevented from killing Malus by Malus himself, who forced Deacon to admit that the physical changes had elevated him above the role of a mere "mob enforcer". Apparently unaware of his criminal exploits elsewhere, Spider-Woman let him fly off.

The Fly was later seen in a New York City Bar With No Name, where the criminal Owl was recruiting animal-themed villains for unspecified reasons (see Bar With No Name; Owl).
Height: 5' 10".
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Red, multifaceted.
Hair: Brown.
Other Distinguishing Features: The Fly possesses large insect-like wings emerging from his shoulder blades. His bare chest and abdomen are covered with plates of chitin.
Uniform: Yellow bodysuit with a green front covering, yellow cowl, green gloves, green boots.
Strength Level: The Fly possesses superhuman strength able to lift (press) roughly one ton under optimal conditions.
Known Superhuman Powers: In addition to his superhuman strength, the Fly possesses several powers related to the splicing of housefly DNA to his system.

First and foremost are his large housefly-like wings which permit him to fly. His top speed when flying has been clocked at around 70 mph. The wings are known to regenerate if severed or removed.

In addition, his multifaceted insect-like eyes permit him a wide field of vision, permitting him to see in almost all directions at once; he cannot be surprised from behind. He is also able to see in the ultraviolet spectrum as well as the visual.

He is slightly more durable than a normal human; the chitin on his chest and abdomen is resistant to most conventional pistols. He is known to have regrown hands that were severed over the course of a month; whether he can regrow entire limbs is unknown. The Fly's hands and feet secrete an invisible odorless resin which enables him to stick to most surfaces.
Weapons: The Fly occasionally uses conventional firearms.

633 points
Attributes: ST 13/35 [30*]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d-1 (4d-1/6d+1); BL 34 lbs (245 lbs.); HP 13 [0]; Will 12 [5]; Per 12 [5]; FP 13 [0]; Basic Speed 6.50 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Basic Air Move 12 [-2]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: 360° Vision (Panoptic 1, +20%) [30]; 3D Spatial Sense [10]; Acute Vision 3 [6]; Clinging (Passive Biological, -5%) [19]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 10 (Partial: Torso Only, -10%) [45]; Enhanced Move (Air) 1.5 (Air Move 36/72 mph; Passive Biological, -5%) [29]; Enhanced ST +22 (Biological, -10%) [159]; Fit [5]; Flight (Winged, -25%) [30]; Hard to Kill +3 [6]; Hard to Subdue +3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /1.5) (Passive Biological, -5%) [23]; Regrowth (Passive Biological, -5%) [38]; Tough Guy 3 [15]; Ultravision [10].
Perks: Fearsome Stare [1]; Gangster Swagger [1]; Pistol-Fist (Guns (Pistol) [1].
Disadvantages: Bad Smell [-10]; Callous [-5]; Code of Honor (Criminal's) [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Social Stigma (Freak) [-10]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].
Quirks: Abrasive [-1]; Bitter [-1]; Slightly Unusual Biochemistry [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Aerobatics (H) DX+3 [8] – 16†; Architecture/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Boxing (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] – 13; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 13; Electrician/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Security) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Electronics Repair/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Flight (A) HT+0 [2] – 13; Forced Entry (E) DX+3 [1] – 16‡; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Guns/TL8 (Shotgun) (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Guns/TL8 (Submachine Gun) (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Holdout (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Intelligence Analysis/TL8 (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Intimidation (A) Will+3 [2] – 15‡; Lockpicking/TL8 (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Observation (A) Per+3 [2] – 15‡; Photography/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Mafia) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 13; Streetwise (A) IQ+3 [2] – 14‡; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 13; Tactics (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Throwing (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $2,000 (20% of Starting Wealth)

* Includes +22 from Enhanced ST.
† Includes +2 from 3D Spatial Sense.
‡ Includes +3 from Tough Guy.

Role-Playing Notes:
A career criminal, Rick Deacon knows he is not cut out to be a planner or leader, but is a solid team player with the experience to tell where things can go wrong and the flexibility to adapt quickly. Although he still resents Dr. Malus for performing the experiments which transformed him against his knowledge, he is grudgingly grateful that he no longer lingers in obscurity.

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-29-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:40 AM   #1575
ElfoMaroto

One of my friends is trying to pull of a hero with Probability Manipulation (Lucky).

I've being looking the whole internet after someone who had write a Domino or another hero of the same kind in GURPS. I'd love to see something like this over here, a super with it's main ability shaped around lucky and it's modifiers to it.

I hope I'm not being rude or disrupting the dynamic of the thread. I'm new to the system and this thread has being a life saver so far.

Anyway thanks for your attention!
ElfoMaroto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #1576
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Maybe not very far. Should I add a level or two of Super Throw?
With the 111 ST, he should be able to throw a car many tens of yards (depending on just how heavy they are).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #1577
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfoMaroto View Post
One of my friends is trying to pull of a hero with Probability Manipulation (Lucky).

I've being looking the whole internet after someone who had write a Domino or another hero of the same kind in GURPS. I'd love to see something like this over here, a super with it's main ability shaped around lucky and it's modifiers to it.

I hope I'm not being rude or disrupting the dynamic of the thread. I'm new to the system and this thread has being a life saver so far.

Anyway thanks for your attention!
Nah, not rude or disruptive. It's a good place to ask about various builds.

I don't currently have any "Lucky" characters in the pipeline, though that may change in time. (My dislike of reality manipulators led to Scarlet Witch being redone as an actual Gypsy witch, with a Mutant power modifier on her Magery.) That said, I think I can offer some advice and where to look.

Psionic Powers has a Probability Manipulation Power to look at. For someone who consciously pushes their luck and comes up smelling like roses, however - like Longshot or Domino - I'd work with a combination of Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys, Ridiculous Luck (for that best-of-three reroll every ten minutes of play), Super Luck with Wishing (p. 80 of Powers), Serendipity, Visualization, and Foresight (from Pyramid #3/53, "Fortunately, I Saw This Coming").

Hopefully this helps!

Old 05-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #1578
Phantasm

GARGANTUA

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: Leviathan.
Place of Birth: Ithaca, New York.
Marital Status: Unrevealed.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Former employee of Dynatechnics, occasional pawn of the Mad Thinker and Dr. Elias Starr.
Base of Operations: Mobile, previously Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
History: Edward Cobert graduated from Cornell University with a Master's degree in biochemistry. Employed by Dynatechnics' Pittsburgh branch, he worked on an FBI-SHIELD project dealing with producing a new super-soldier (see SHIELD). When the project was shut down prior to human testing, Cobert decided to illegally test the procedure on himself. Over the next month, his body mutated, growing in height and muscle mass. After the first week, he was unable to hide the changes; after the second week, his intelligence had dropped considerably, a side effect he hadn't considered. Dynatechnics kept him hired, officially, but moved him from researcher to test subject, keeping him sedated and secured as other scientists studied his notes and worked to reverse the process.

But even they couldn't contain him for long, as the cost of maintaining the sedatives necessary to keep him docile took their toll financially on the company. Cobert, now referred to as Leviathan by Dynatchnics, broke free of his restraints and went on a rampage throughout Pittsburgh. This led to a battle inside Three Rivers Stadium between Leviathan and the (since retired) adventurer Avril Aero, who had been in Pittsburgh pursuing another case. Following the fight, Leviathan was arrested by SHIELD and moved to a secure secret location, as the Vault did not have space for him (see Vault).

A decade later, Cobert was released into the custody of a man claiming to be a relative of his. This man was later revealed to be the Mad Thinker, who used Cobert – who the Thinker rebranded as Gargantua – as a diversion to infiltrate the Chicago Dynatechnics offices (see Mad Thinker). This put Gargantua into conflict with Giant-Man, while Ant-Man and Wasp foiled the Thinker's schemes (see Ant-Man; Giant-Man; Wasp). Gargantua was again arrested, though the Thinker escaped.

The Illinois state prison wasn't equipped to handle Gargantua for long, and he broke free. This led to him being used as a pawn of Ant-Man's rival Dr. Elias Starr against the ant-sized adventurer (see Starr, Dr. Elias). Ultimately realizing he was being used, Gargantua gave up the fight and just walked away.

Gargantua was later seen in the American Southwest, where he clashed unsuccessfully with the Hulk (see Hulk).
Height: 25'.
Weight: approximately 15,000 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Uniform: Blue-black bodysuit with a brown stripe down the chest, brown cowl that leaves the face open, brown gloves, and brown boots.
Strength Level: Gargantua possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) roughly 50 tons.
Known Superhuman Powers: Trapped at giant size, Gargantua possesses superhuman strength and durability.
Other Abilities: Gargantua was once a skilled biochemist, though his intelligence is now such that he cannot normally make use of those skills. He possesses athletic level stamina and reflexes.

1,219 points
Attributes: ST 62/250 [240*†]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 8 [-40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: SM +4; Dmg 7d+1/9d+2 (26d/28d); BL 769 lbs. (12,500 lbs/6.25 tons); HP 62 [0]; Will 10 [10]; Per 10 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 13 [35]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Accented) (Native Language) [-2].
Advantages: Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 105 (Tough Skin, -40%; Passive Biological, -5%) [289]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /5) (Passive Biological, -5%) [119]; Nictitating Membrane 25 [25]; Single-Minded [5]; Super ST +12/+200 (Size, -40%; Passive Biological, -5%) [426]; Super Throw (Biological, -10%) [18]; Very Fit [15].
Perks: Striking Surface [1].
Disadvantages: Curious (9) [-7]; Ham-Fisted -1 [-5]; Increased Consumption 2 [-20]; Oblivious [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Social Stigma (Freak) [-10]; Status -1 [-5]; Stubbornness [-5]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Dull Taste/Smell [-1]; Forgetful [-1]; Mouthy [-1]; Replaces "I" with "Me" [-1]; Rhymes Whenever Possible, But Badly [-1].
Skills: Biology/TL8 (Biochemistry) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 8; Brawling (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Chemistry/TL8 (H) IQ+0 [4] – 8; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Scientific) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 8; First Aid/TL8 (E) IQ+2 [4] – 10; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [4] – 10‡; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 8; Physiology/TL8 (Human) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 8; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Streetwise (A) IQ+0 [8] – 8‡; Sumo Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Throwing (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (100% of Starting Wealth).

* Modified with Size (-40%).
† Includes +12/+200 from Super ST.
‡ Includes -1 from Oblivious.

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-14-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:49 AM   #1579
Phantasm

A canon import from the MCU (herself a distaff counterpart of a canon Marvel character):

GHOST

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no known criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Elias (father); Patricia "Trish" (cousin).
Group Affiliation: Lethal Legion
Base of Operations: Chicago, Illinois.
History: The woman known as Ghost is the second known woman to use the identity.

The first Ghost was a mutant who in the late '80s was part of a generic prescription drug smuggling ring connected to the Romero family of the Maggia before her arrest and rehabilitation (see Maggia). This Ghost was later part of SHIELD's team of superhuman operatives, SPEAR (Superhuman Preparedness and Emergency Activity Response), under then Senior Agent Henry Gyrich before the team was disbanded with a change of administrations (see Gyrich, Henry Peter; SHIELD). She then operated as one of the Shadowguard for a time before fading from the public eye.

Recently, a new Ghost with no apparent connection to the first appeared in the Chicago area. This Ghost was responsible for a number of corporate espionage incidents before targeting the Dynatechnics Chicago office. During this heist, she encountered the Wasp, secretly Janet van Dyne, whose family co-owned the company (see Wasp). Ghost fought the Wasp to a near standstill before being forced to retreat.

It was then revealed that Ghost was Ava Starr, the daughter of Dr. Elias Starr, a scientific rival of Dr. Hank Pym, one of Dynatechnics' employees in the R&D division and secretly the adventurer Ant-Man (see Ant-Man; Starr, Dr. Elias). How Ghost received her powers is currently unknown; she has implicated both her father and Dr. Pym in an accident which granted her her powers.

Ghost joined her father in forming the Lethal Legion to combat Ant-Man and his allies; twice the Legion fought Ant-Man and his allies, Giant-Man and the Wasp, with Ghost engaging in a rematch against the Wasp both times (see Giant-Man; Lethal Legion). Each time, Ava eluded capture.

After Dr Starr was sent to prison, effectively disbanding the Legion, Ava turned to more mercenary work. She has twice fought private investigators Misty Knight and Colleen Wing and once more fought the Wasp, though each time she again evaded capture (see Knight, Misty; Wing, Colleen).

Ghost's current whereabouts are presently unknown, though she is suspected to have helped free her father from prison.
Height: 5' 6".
Weight: 125 lbs.
Uniform: Gray-white ballistic fabric bodysuit with an experimental molded plastic-ceramic composite armor piece over the chest, gray-white gloves, gray-white boots, gray-white hood, gray-white mask made of the same plastic-ceramic composite material with five red sensor lights, two over each eye and one on her forehead.
Strength Level: Ghost has the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Ghost has the ability to become invisible and intangible at will. Her invisibility extends into the infrared and ultraviolet spectra, though she can be detected by various radar frequencies. Her control over her powers is such that she can reflexively to become invisible. She is normally intangible, but can become solid or make parts of her solid through concentration for shorts periods of time. She is not able to carry other people with her when intangible, and has indicated she needs to hold her breath when passing through solid objects. She can choose to solidify only her arms, legs, hands, and feet when intangible. Although her powers enable her to walk on air, enabling her to walk or run over open manholes without issue, she cannot move vertically.
Other Abilities: Ghost is a skilled acrobat, gymnast, and unarmed hand to hand combatant trained in a few martial arts styles. She is also competent with handguns and skilled with a kusari. She is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Paraphernalia: Her uniform enables her to see in the infrared and terahertz radar frequencies, using a false-color augmented reality HUD.

631 points
Attributes: ST 12 [20]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 13 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [5]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Dodge 13.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; Spanish (Native) [6].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Energy Reserve (Power) 15 [45]; Enhanced Dodge +2 [30]; Enhanced Parry (Bare Hands) +2 [10]; Fashion Sense [5]; Flexibility [5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Insubstantiality (Can Carry Objects (No Encumbrance), +10%; No Vertical Move, -10%; Partial Change, +20%; Reduced Time 1, +20%; Usually On, -40%; Super, -10%) [72]; Invisibility (Visual/IR/UV) (Affects Machines, +50%; Can Carry Objects (No Encumbrance), +10%; Reflexive, +40%; Switchable, +10%; Super, -10%) [80]; Natural Athlete 2 [20]; Super-Spy 3 [45]; Very Fit [15]; Walk on Air (Super, -10%) [18]; Wealth (Wealthy) [20].
Perks: Acrobatic Kicks [1]; Dirty Fighting [1]; Rapid Retraction (Kicks) [1]; Rapid Retraction (Punches) [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages:
Code of Honor (Criminal's) [-5]; Enemy (Law Enforcement; Medium-sized Group) (12) [-40]; Increased Life Support (Power Dampeners) [-10]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Secret Identity (Imprisonment) [-20]; Sense of Duty (Family) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Aches and Pains [-1]; Attentive [-1]; Confident [-1]; Likes Complicated Music [-1]; Lonely [-1].
Skills: Accounting (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Acrobatics (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Acting (A) IQ+3 [2] – 14*; Beam Weapons/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Body Language (Human) (A) Per+0 [2] – 13; Climbing (A) DX+3 [2] – 17†; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Security) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Electronics Repair/TL8 (Security) (A) IQ+2 [8] – 13; Fast-Draw/TL8 (Ammo) (E) DX+1 [1] – 15‡; Fast-Draw (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [1] – 15‡; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [1] – 11; Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2] – 15; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Holdout (A) IQ+4 [4] – 15*; Judo (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Jumping (E) DX+2 [1] – 16§; Karate (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Knot-Tying (E) DX+0 [1] – 14; Kusari (H) DX+2 [12] – 16; Lip Reading (A) Per+1 [4] – 14; Lockpicking/TL8 (A) IQ+2 [8] – 13; Makeup/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Musical Instrument (Double-Reed) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; NBC Suit/TL8 (A) DX+0 [2] – 14; Observation (A) Per+3 [2] – 16*; Photography/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Pickpocket (H) DX+2 [2] – 16*; Running (A) HT+1 [1] – 14§; Search (A) Per+3 [2] – 16*; Shadowing (A) IQ+3 [4] – 15*; Skating (H) HT+1 [2] – 14§; Stealth (A) DX+4 [4] – 18*#; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Swimming (E) HT+2 [1] – 15§; Throwing (A) DX+2 [2] – 16§; Tracking (A) Per+2 [1] – 15*; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 16.
Techniques: Acrobatic Stand (Acrobatics) (A) def+6 [6] – 16; Dual-Weapon Attack (Guns (Pistol)) (H) def+4 [5] – 14; Entangle (Kusari) (H) def+4 [5] – 16; Kicking (Acrobatics) (H) def+2 [3] – 16; Sweep (Karate) (H) def+3 [4] – 16.
Starting Spending Money: $20,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +3 from Super-Spy.
† Includes +3 from Flexibility.
‡ Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.
§ Includes +2 from Natural Athlete.
# Conditional +9 from Invisibility.

Role-Playing Notes:
Ava is a woman in pain in more ways than just physically. She distracts herself with her work and her music (she plays oboe), but at heart she is a lonely person who envies those who can spend normal time with others. The only people she lets get close to her are her father and cousin, and even the cousin doesn't know everything.

Design Notes:
1. The Reduced Time on Insubstantiality is something of a kludge. I wanted to put Reflexive on it, representing her ability to switch back to being insubstantial when attacked, but according to Powers Reflexive and Usually On are incompatible.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #1580
Phantasm

GIANT-MAN

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland.
Marital Status: Divorced.
Known Relatives: Claire Temple (ex-wife).
Group Affiliation: Employee of Dynatecnics; ally of Ant-Man, the Wasp, and the Avengers.
Base of Operations: Chicago, Illinois.
History: A former Golden Gloves boxer, Bill Foster was partnered with Dr. Hank Pym at the Dynatecnics lab where they worked. The two did not always get along, but they respected each other enough to keep their disagreements civil. When Pym discovered particles that interacted with a sidereal dimension where mass was virtual instead of real, the only one he confided in was Foster. When the diminutive adventurer Ant-Man appeared on the scene, Foster confronted Pym about it at work the next day (see Ant-Man). Foster agreed to keep Pym's identity as Ant-Man a secret, but only if he was permitted to help research other uses for the Pym particles, as he dubbed them. Foster later developed a chemical solution which contained Pym particles that would increase an object's size and mass beyond its default size. However, Pym initially seemed uninterested in this aspect of the particles' properties, and Foster himself wondered how it could be utilized.

And then the lab was raided by the corporate spy called Doctor Nemesis, who in the process stole Foster's notes on the Pym particles (see Doctor Nemesis). Designing a superhero uniform for himself, Foster injected himself with the chemical solution, granting him the power to change his height at will. Foster made his debut as Giant-Man during a fight Ant-Man and his partner Wasp against Doctor Nemesis, turning the tide by giving Nemesis someone who could fight back at larger size (see Wasp).

Since then, Foster has only rarely donned his Giant-Man identity, though he stands ready to assist Ant-Man, Wasp, and other heroes when needed.
Height: 6'.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: White bodyshirt with a dark blue down-pointed wedge pattern (sleeves depending on weather), dark blue pants, white gloves, blue wristbands, white boots, dark blue utility belt with a large gold "G" on the buckle, dark blue domino mask with mirrored lenses over the eyes.
Strength Level: At his normal height, Bill Foster possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise. His strength increases with his height; at a ten foot height, he possesses the ability to lift (press) 10 tons, while at a 25 foot height he possesses the ability to lift (press) roughly 50 tons.
Known Superhuman Powers: Giant-Man possesses the power to change his size, growing rapidly between his normal six foot height and a maximum observed height of twenty five feet. It is currently unknown whether he can grow to sizes larger than that; he theorizes that he could reach a height of one hundred feet, though he has not yet pushed himself to test that theory. As he grows, his strength increases to superhuman levels, and his muscle mass increases to where he becomes superhumanly durable.
Other Abilities: Bill Foster is a skilled boxer, physicist, and chemist.

1,140 points
Attributes: ST 13 (62/250) [30*]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d-1 (7d+1/9d+2, 26d/28d); BL 34 lbs. (769 lbs., 12,500 lbs/6.25 tons); HP 13 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Advantages: Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 140 (Accessibility: Only At Growth Height, -10%; Limited: Crushing Only, -40%; Tough Skin, -40%; Passive Biological, -5%) [140]; Enhanced Parry (Bare Hands) 2 [10]; Extra ST +37 (Growth Size, -40%) [222]; Fit [5]; Growth 4 (Super, -10%) [36]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /5) (Accessibility: Only At Growth Height, -10%; Super, -10%) [100]; Natural Scientist 2 [20]; Super ST +12/+200 (Growth, -40%; Super, -10%) [420]; Versatile [5]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Masked [1]; Skintight Outfit [1]; Style Familiarity (Boxing) [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Charitable (12) [-15]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-10]; Dependent (Claire Temple, Ex-Wife; No More than 15%; Loved One) [-12]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Secret Identity (Serious Embarrassment) [-5]; Workaholic [-5].
Quirks: Careful [-1]; Methodical [-1]; Record-Keeper [-1]; Responsible [-1]; Self-Imposed Limit (25 Foot Height) [-1].
Skills: Area Knowledge (Baltimore, MD) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Area Knowledge (Chicago, IL) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Boxing (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Boxing Sport (A) DX+1 [3] – 13†; Breath Control (H) HT+0 [4] – 12; Chemistry/TL8 (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14‡; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Electronics Repair/TL8 (Scientific) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Games (Boxing) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Hiking (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Judo (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14‡; Metallurgy/TL8 (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14‡; Physics/TL8 (VH) IQ+1 [4] – 13‡; Research/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Running (A) HT+1 [4] – 13; Streetwise (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Throwing (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Urban Survival (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +37 from Extra ST and +12/+200 from Super ST
† Defaulted from Boxing.
‡ Includes +2 from Natural Scientist.

I'd originally intended to keep him in his civilian identity, but letting him go full-on Giant-Man proved too tempting.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men