Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-27-2020, 05:19 AM   #691
Anders

Default Re: GURPS books you DON'T want to see ;)

GURPS CATS: spend your days napping, snoozing, sleeping, dozing off, eating and ocasionally wrestling.

GURPS CATS The movie: As above, but you are now CGI monstrosities.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:32 AM   #692
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
GURPS Reality Television - How to run your game as if it was a reality television show, including the scripted cut-aways of the characters providing commentary on what's going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
GURPS Reality TV Yes you get to create sets, and plan pointless tasks for you contestants. Contestants compete against each other to win the prize.
I guess we have different ideas about what constitutes unreality television. I'm looking more at shows like Texas Flip'n'Move or Pawn Stars than Big Brother or The Reel World, both styles are touted as "Reality TV"

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #693
TGLS

GURPS Breakfast: A 64 page treatment on eating in the morning. Includes optional rules for artery-hardening cholesterol-laden meals, new techniques for making a bagel just right, and templates for psychic blueberry muffins.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #694
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
GURPS Balloon Modelling Are you ready to entertain children's parties, are you going to tell the children "are you not entertained". The twist is the attack of the Clowns and slowly turn the game into a Cthulhu horror.
Um ... this is supposed to be a thread of games we DON'T want.

Clowns feeding screaming children to a Gibbering Horror from Beyond? I'd play this one in a heartbeat!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #695
AlexanderHowl

GURPS Clowns: Enough said...
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 PM   #696
TGLS

GURPS Goon Squad A dozen carefully crafted and characterized thugs who will be knocked out and/or killed shortly after they make their appearance.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #697
David Johnston2

Gurps Interspecies Reviewers.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:43 PM   #698
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
GURPS Goon Squad A dozen carefully crafted and characterized thugs who will be knocked out and/or killed shortly after they make their appearance.
The ideal to which I aspire in my campaigns is that if the PCs choose to negotiate with or interrogate any opponent they encounter, no matter how seemingly unimportant, I will be able to present them as fully realized characters with motivations, backstories, hopes and dreams. It helps to prepare, but obviously requires creativity on the fly too.

Last time I ran a combat with human (well, mostly human) opponents, they all had pre-written names, birthdates, birthplaces and casting photos. All 29 of them. Other details included anything from one sentence of description that would hopefully jog my memory all the way to the story of how an engineer for a mining company had been drawn into organized crime, fell in with occult criminals, had second thoughts about what he was doing and what happened to him as a consequence.

Entire life story, albeit in broad strokes, but included where he went to school and where he worked, before and after he became involved with the people he was with. As it turned out, that character was shot in the brain stem, but the details still matter, because 'thugs' have identities, come from somewhere and a proper investigation of the crime scene will include identifying them and obtaining all relevant records from authorities in countries where they've lived.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #699
pawsplay

GURPS Beverly Thrillbillies
GURPS Tiger King
GURPS Puni Puni Poemy
GURPS The English Patient
GURPS Donkey Kong Arcade Champions
GURPS Roadkill Cookoff
GURPS Economic Talking Heads
GURPS Meth
pawsplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #700
doctorevilbrain

Economic talking heads?
doctorevilbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad ideas, joke