Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #21
woodchuck

Default Re: Kickstarter Stretch Goal Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
There are not -- and will not be -- Kickstarter exclusive items. Those are problematic in a lot of different ways.
What about a link on the Car Wars web page, something like Uncle Al's Hall of Fame with backers names, backer level, and maybe their backer number? An actual physical product would be a waste of time and money.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #22
JimTullis

+1 on the add-on box.
It wouldn't even have to have art.
Just be the same size as the core box so that they stack easily.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #23
TheAmishStig

With the size of the components as I saw them at Fnordcon, and the announced size of the Core set box [more than double the thickness of the Ogre Battlefields box, if memory serves...7" high!], the box seems ripe for "It's going to hold everything but duplicates and a truckload of playmats".

Which not accounting for the mats makes sense, because only monsters fold playmats. ;)
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #24
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
With the size of the components as I saw them at Fnordcon, and the announced size of the Core set box [more than double the thickness of the Ogre Battlefields box, if memory serves...7" high!], the box seems ripe for "It's going to hold everything but duplicates and a truckload of playmats".

Which not accounting for the mats makes sense, because only monsters fold playmats. ;)
Remember that the figures for final release are 50% bigger than the ones at FnordCon.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #25
Shadekeep

The Ogre Sixth Edition Box is 3 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches, while the Ogre Battle Box is 11.6 x 3 x 9 inches. The latter has all the minis, so a comparable size for Car Wars might hold the core set plus the expansion mini sets as well. Will depend on the final dimensions of both the box and the minis, and the count of the latter, plus any further extras added to the campaign.

I'd still like a second box whether the initial is large enough or not, as both the dachshund and the cat are going to want to sleep in it. ^_^
Old 01-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #26
Shadekeep

Oo, nice, from the latest update on KS:

There's a good chance that we will turn the Double Ace rewards into a larger storage box; we'll sketch out the rough plan tomorrow and Wednesday, and then finalize the details the week of January 20th.

That would be superb, especially given all the physical items that have been added at that tier.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #27
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Oo, nice, from the latest update on KS:

There's a good chance that we will turn the Double Ace rewards into a larger storage box; we'll sketch out the rough plan tomorrow and Wednesday, and then finalize the details the week of January 20th.

That would be superb, especially given all the physical items that have been added at that tier.
Having the _OGRE_ Designer's Edition, plus *every* add-on: Yes, it might be a good idea to break the DA into a separate box, if for no other reason than I get *really* tired of folks singing "Living With A Hernia" every time I drag out that box; I haven't actually weighed it, but I could swear that sucker weighs at least 70 lbs. right now. And plastic, while light... well, it adds up.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #28
MazeMonster
Banned

Can the upcoming Vehicle Guide at least emcompass all of the "classic" named vehicles (i.e. Hammer, Joseph Special, Superflash, etc.)?
MazeMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #29
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeMonster View Post
Can the upcoming Vehicle Guide at least emcompass all of the "classic" named vehicles (i.e. Hammer, Joseph Special, Superflash, etc.)?
It's a nice idea, but it does constrain the naming scheme a bit -- for ex.: What about the Mystic Motors "Zodiac Line" from _VG1_? Or My First Duelcar, _Iron Horse_? Someone's ox is going to get gored on this -- it's just a question of whose.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #30
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeMonster View Post
I think they should do some of the classics and some to showcase the things we can do with the new rules.

If they don't do the classics, I'm certain some of us will convert the classics anyway.