Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #31
Herps4Me

Default Re: Mostly Munchkin Grab Box on Warehouse 23 for Christmas

So I'm looking at the box, I'm considering getting it. The picture seems to show a deluxe sized box, a normal box, and a couple of expansions - is that pretty typical of one of these boxes? Or can they be just anything?
Thanks so much for the feedback.
Booty+B2+FnS
Other:
FD, Mnomicon, M6, TT, EE, Holiday
Herps4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:56 AM   #32
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps4Me View Post
So I'm looking at the box, I'm considering getting it. The picture seems to show a deluxe sized box, a normal box, and a couple of expansions - is that pretty typical of one of these boxes? Or can they be just anything?
Thanks so much for the feedback.
The picture is in no way representative of what you receive. Please don't take the picture as a guide to contents.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #33
DS-00-0, FSD

And while you may not be able to take my results as "typical" since each box is individually picked, here's what (roughly) came in mine:

Munchkin Zombies base
Zombies 3 & 4
Zombie Pawns
Kittens
Munchkin Cthulhu Guest Artist T-shirt
Green and Red Jolly Jumbo D6
Yellow Jumbo D6
Cthulhu Kill-o-meter
WH23 2014 booster
Munchkin Lanyard
Munchkin Shoe laces
Plus a bunch of promos and bookmarks

It should be noted that I ordered one of each Mystery box so I also got a bunch of other SJG stuff in my order and there was no way to tell exactly which items were from which Mystery Box as they were all in one large shipping box.

Last edited by DS-00-0, FSD; 12-10-2015 at 12:56 PM.
DS-00-0, FSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #34
orcbgone

If I get Zombies base or Zombies 3 those will get regifted to my fellow Munchkins as I have those. The unfortunate thing about getting shirts if they are the wrong size it'd need to be regifted as well, but anything Munchkin I know can easily be gifted down the group somewhere.

And all duplicate promos get awarded randomly in our games, so bring on whatever they send, :)
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #35
NJTiger

I've been reading this post and wondering. Was it worth getting the surprise box? I'm a fairly new player and don't have much stuff. Just wanted to know what other people thought.
NJTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #36
orcbgone

The only core sets I have are Classic, Legends, Zombies and Adventure Time, the only expansions I have are Munchkin 6, Zombies 2 & 3, Game Changers, and a few boosters plus Christmas Lite, so I have lots of room for new stuff, so for me it was a great deal, :)
Old 12-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #37
DS-00-0, FSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTiger View Post
I've been reading this post and wondering. Was it worth getting the surprise box? I'm a fairly new player and don't have much stuff. Just wanted to know what other people thought.
I think so and I have a pretty comprehensive Munchkin collection already. My haul was over $100 worth of Munchkin stuff and while I already had much of it, the $40 price tag basically covered the items I did not have: Kittens, the shoe laces (unknown MSRP) and the T-shirt. So in my mind, I've gotten my money's worth and have stuff to give away while I'm at it.

I might even get use out of the Jolly Jumbo D6s because even though I have them already, I have no issue tossing the cards into my Christmas deck for more filler even though they would be duplicates. Plus having more dice on the table for ease of use is never a bad thing.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #38
orcbgone

This is a question for those who ordered and received their grab box(es), did they come with the special Munchkin Oz die? I know it's for physical orders over $10, but lots of places don't count 'random lots', so I'm curious.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 AM   #39
DS-00-0, FSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbgone View Post
This is a question for those who ordered and received their grab box(es), did they come with the special Munchkin Oz die? I know it's for physical orders over $10, but lots of places don't count 'random lots', so I'm curious.
Mine did, however that promotion has run its course so you may not get one.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:01 AM   #40
orcbgone

Yeah, I saw Andrew's post, I got one in my order from last week, I was simply curious is all, if I do I'm gonna give it to my friend for his dice bag. :)