Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #21
DS-00-0, FSD

Default Re: Mostly Munchkin Grab Box on Warehouse 23 for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinc View Post
Well I just got my box in. Not sure how to feel really. I got the Mostly Munchkin box, but after calculating things up it was not mostly Munchkin. Over $50 of the value in the box came from Illuminati stuff.

That's probably a good thing though because the only Munchkin thing (besides the promos) that came that I didn't have was a greeting card. None of the aforementioned hard to find swag stuff not available in retail stores.

Oh well, I'm excited to check out Illuminati and it's expansion :)
Ugh. This fills me with dread. My order evidently shipped today so if any glitch was not addressed until this afternoon, I may end up with a bunch of mostly non-Munchkin stuff since I ordered one of each. I was also hoping to see a greater diversity in the non-munchkin box so there is more to try out. If your box is an indication of what that one is supposed to look like, Getting a game/a bunch of expansions which I may not enjoy makes this promotion look more like a "get rid of our old stock that has not sold well" deal as opposed to an "expose clients to our other great games" deal.
DS-00-0, FSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #22
Mopo

Ugh, I wish I could afford this! Unfortunately the international shipping rates are too steep for my wallet to justify it right now. *sob*
Mopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #23
Cloewe

got mine today! ...... nice but noting special so far .... sadly i´ve got 90% of the stuff already ....

... anyone got the Emerald Dice with this order? Or is it gone alreay ... hoped to get one of these ....
Old 12-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #24
DS-00-0, FSD

Got mine today. While I am uncertain that all of the Munchkin stuff is from the Mostly Munchkin box, I'm pretty impressed with the combined contents of both boxes. I'd be more impressed if I actually role played as I got two GURPS books but I have some friends into RPGs so they will hopefully see some use. Got a guest artist Tshirt and Kittens which I did not have so I'm pretty pumped.

I may also have gotten some of the "oddball" stuff in my boxes. I never knew they made Munchkin shoe laces but I now have a pair. :D. I also received a Car Wars Compenduim (2nd edition) which looks to be from 1990. I also got one of the AADA Road Atlas which I've been interested in picking up just to read as I like post-apocalyptic future stuff but this one has an orange sticker on the spine that says "Production Archive". I wonder if that's meaningful.

Cloewe: I did get an Oz d6 in my batch.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #25
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD View Post
I may also have gotten some of the "oddball" stuff in my boxes.
We had a little fun.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #26
DS-00-0, FSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We had a little fun.
Any insight on what that "Production Archive" sticker is all about?
Old 12-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #27
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD View Post
Any insight on what that "Production Archive" sticker is all about?
A few boxes got some things from discontinued archives at the office. We didn't count those when calculating box value and tossed them in as extras.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #28
felwred

Kudos for the SJG staff on this. I got mine over the weekend - great stuff. Although I had a number of the items, they make for good gifts. It was easily worth $80.

Thank you for the creative marketing idea!

Fred
felwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #29
cartmanbeck

Ordered mine yesterday... gonna hope to get at least one base set that I don't have yet, and a bunch of promos, and then give gifts. I also ordered a bunch of the newly-order-able promos as well as several new boosters I was missing, so this box is going to be huge and very exciting for me to open. :-D
Old 12-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #30
orcbgone

I ordered one too, :-D

The only core sets I have are Zombies, Legends, Adventure Time and Classic, and even expansion wise I only own Classic 6, Zombies 2 and and 3 and Game Changers. Along with. Christmas Lite, Holidazed, Naughty & Nice, Fish & Ships, Easter Eggs, Skull-Kickers, The Guild, Space Ships, and varying promos from the figures, comics, Loot Letter, dice bag, pawns and the stack I just got from W23's freebies, so LOTS of room for something new!

Hosting an all-Christmas game night at The Gathering Place for Munchkin, bringing all my Spykes, my dice bags (roll off for who gets 2nd one to use) and level counters to share with people, with lots of bookmarks to spread around as a gift for playing.

Excited to see what I get in my order!
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote