Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: Plastic-Man builds.

Some details on Plastic Man.though aswith most Supers his powers fluctuate based on the writer.
https://www.dcuniverse.com/encyclopedia/plastic-man/
https://www.superherodb.com/plastic-man/10-756/powers/
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman View Post
Your player might want to add Mass Conservation, Flawed (skin tone, DNA), and maybe a higher valued variant of Unliving Forms Only (all in Powers) that prevents you from taking on the specialized organs of your improvised form, *and* prevents you from becoming different materials like the metal of that toaster.
Plastic Man can replicate machines, sort of. They generally look like they are wearing his costume, and they have his face on them somewhere.

He has done cars and planes. In DK2, he did a walking meatgrinder-thing.

I believe that Batman has stated that Plastic Man may be the most powerful super on Earth.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #13
Bengt

Plastic Man is also unaging and reconstitute himself from being shredded. Mr Fantastic in comparison is much easier to damage, if he gets stretch to much he typically collapse from pain and he gets knocked out by electric shocks and similar.

Interestingly Plastic Man has a son with the same powers even though he doesn't seem to have an even remotely human physique anymore.
Bengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:40 AM   #14
WingedKagouti

Quote:
Of course this depends on the player's concept, but the comic book Plastic Man and Reed Richards couldn't change their skin tone, mass, DNA, or internal workings.
Sounds like you're mixing up Elongated Man and Plastic Man. Elongated Man (Ralph Dibney) has almost the same powers as Reed Richards while Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brian) has Morph (Unlimited, Improvised, Flawed), Unkillable 2 and several other durability based advantages.
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
transmetahuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
Sounds like you're mixing up Elongated Man and Plastic Man. Elongated Man (Ralph Dibney) has almost the same powers as Reed Richards while Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brian) has Morph (Unlimited, Improvised, Flawed), Unkillable 2 and several other durability based advantages.
I probably am, thanks. Looks like Plas can actually gain and lose mass, too, from one database I'm seeing. But can he actually turn into functional lamps and toasters and such? They must have retconned his powers since I was reading comics.

Oh, wait. On closer read, it looks like a Morpher would need Cosmic as well as Unlimited + Improvised Forms in order to change into inorganic materials. In which case they could turn insubstantial or into a spirit form as well.

Last edited by transmetahuman; 07-20-2020 at 10:20 AM.
transmetahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #16
DangerousThing

Quote:
Oh, wait. On closer read, it looks like a Morpher would need Cosmic as well as Unlimited + Improvised Forms in order to change into inorganic materials. In which case they could turn insubstantial or into a spirit form as well.
Plas can't turn insubstantial or a spirit form, maybe that should be a small limitation.

He might have Shadow Form, because he has been known to slip under doors.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #17
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
Plas can't turn insubstantial or a spirit form, maybe that should be a small limitation.

He might have Shadow Form, because he has been known to slip under doors.
With sufficient Stretching and Double-Jointed, he should be able to just flatten himself out and slide under.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:03 PM   #18
David Johansen

Some quotes or as close as I can recall them:

We just reconstituted him from bits that have been floating in the ocean for ten thousand years, does that give you any clue as to how powerful he is? -Batman

He could kill us all. It would be easy for him. He can do anything, absolutely anything. - Carrie Kelly Cat Girl

Eel Obrian, Plastic Man. Incredibly powerful, completely nuts. - Batman
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:27 AM   #19
WingedKagouti

Quote:
Unlimited already covers inorganic forms, Cosmic is only if you can gain traits that don't exist in the campaign otherwise.
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers