Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #21
Refplace

Default Re: [DF] Vampire Bite Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Hmm, I'm not familiar with that one. Is that from Power-Ups 4? (don't have that book yet)
Yes, though I saw it somewhere before that but I do not recall where. Might have been a Pyramid, I just checked Powers and did not see it there.
Cosmic at the 100% level, there is more to read about it but I think it does the job nicely. Normal healing wont work but you must have a fairly common way to recover and having to go back to town and pay the temple would qualify.
I always thought a Vampire biting in combat was kind of silly also, too risky against an armed opponent.
And really in literature and movies its pretty rare. Bites are most often done on a helpless victim, either one you charmed or seduced or as a finishing move after a grapple.
Most of the time you do see it in a fight is with a grunt level vampire or creature and they typically get killed quickly. Even then its still mostly against unarmed foes.

Last edited by Refplace; 04-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not familiar with that one. I don't see it in Powers. Is it from Power-Ups 4? (don't have that book yet)
The actual write-up is in Enhancements, but it's just a variation on the standard Lingering Effect from Basic.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Yes, though I saw it somewhere before that but I do not recall where. Might have been a Pyramid, I just checked Powers and did not see it there.
Oh well. How does it compare to the +150% level of Permanent? Are they basically the same thing?
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #24
Refplace

Quote:
Oh well. How does it compare to the +150% level of Permanent? Are they basically the same thing?
Pretty close, though the perm might be a bit harder to get negated.
There is a lot of wiggle room by the GM in both as to what is a valid counter. However it should be fairly easy to figure out. Hidden Lore of the right type, maybe religious ritual for one that can counter it and probably Occult skill as well. In an open magic game like DF it might just be common knowledge.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm answer, vampires