Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #161
Kalzazz

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

I was specifically referring to this line on the slug comment

"(slug) DMG 4d+4 pi++, ACC 4, RANGE 125/188, ROF 3, RCL 1"

When I said I was pretty sure it shouldn't be 1

Interestingly, Ultra Tech pg 154 has rules for shotguns going from slugs to shotshells
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #162
mook

What the--! Thanks again. I've never seen WordPress do that, it was updated in my revisions list, but not in the actual post. Should be all good now.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #163
mook

Want to blow things up with grenades in GURPS but find the math a bit intimidating? Pshaw! Check out this week's examples and PDF cheat sheet, and you too can be lobbing metal chunks of death at your enemies. Bada Boom!

Kidding aside, this week's post does have a lot of math, so if you notice any errors I'd love a heads-up.

Please note that if you were one of the 20 people who downloaded the PDF yesterday, you'll want to download the corrected/expanded version posted today. (Sorry 'bout that.)
Old 04-01-2016, 12:43 AM   #164
Daigoro

Personally, I'd add the minimum/average/maximum damage for each entry as well, to firstly give a clearer idea of what kind of damage is happening at each range, but also to quickly see if I need to bother rolling for DR penetration- if the target is in armour, behind cover, in a vehicle, etc.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #165
mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Personally, I'd add the minimum/average/maximum damage for each entry as well, to firstly give a clearer idea of what kind of damage is happening at each range, but also to quickly see if I need to bother rolling for DR penetration- if the target is in armour, behind cover, in a vehicle, etc.
Excellent idea! Not sure I'd still be able to fit on a single page and be readable, I'll try to muck around a little this weekend.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #166
Daigoro

Would it fit at a smaller font size directly under the dice damage? And of course you only need it once at the top for each of the shrapnel columns.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #167
mook

I'm totally cheating, but... you can also customize your own. :)
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #168
mook

Gamers and maps go together like Crown Royal bags and gobs of funny-shaped dice, so today I'm talking a bit about my favorite resources for maps. In particular, I've been enjoying a new program called Other World Mapper, and playing around with it gave me a chance to redo what-passed-for-maps in my Quick-Play Adventures, "Race for the Dutchman" and "A Bunnies' Tale." If you like the look of the new ones, the PDFs have already been updated.

"I wisely started with a map, and made the story fit." -- Tolkien

Last edited by mook; 04-14-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #169
mook

Today's GURPSDay goodness is another offering of Quick-Start characters, this time a four-person crew of modern operatives: Face, Hitter, Infiltrator, Shooter.

Not as fully detailed as the templates in Action 1 - Heroes, of course... but on the other hand, they each took only 10-12 minutes to make. Full crew in 40+ minutes, just add dice!

If you end up dropping them in anywhere, I'd love to hear how they fare.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #170
mook

Did you enjoy last week's team of agents, but wanted some characters a bit more... battle-hardened? This week's Game Geekery has got you covered with another four-person Quick-Start group, this time a modern military fireteam: Team Leader, Sniper, Grenadier, and Automatic Rifleman.

Whether PCs defending freedom or mercenary enemies opposing the same, this group can lay some serious smack down. Don't get caught without decent body armor -- you're going to need it.

"All right, sweethearts, you're a team and there's nothin' to worry about. We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood?" -- Sgt. Apone

Tags
blog, blogs