Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #31
Captain-Captain

Default Re: [IC] Shattered Magic -- GURPS 4e High magic fantasy

Korbin takes a seat with the main group.

"She's resting now." he tells them and shakes his head. "Since she fell from a tree, she's been getting worse. It's a slow decline but noticable."

"Worse, magic resistance can be a purely supernatural trait, or something from a state of mind. Since the blow she's acquired some resistance to magic."

"But I digress. How fares healing magicks in your lands?"
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #32
BigPhut

Father Boadeus picked up his bags and drink, and with a sigh made a slow walk towards the table where Arlen was now sat with Korbin. He took a seat at the end of the table, and was still sat a few feet away from the others. He lent on the table with his head bowed, and ocassionally took a drink. As was his way he sat and listened only speaking when nessecary.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #33
Wild Bill

Koban to Korbin, "Not well. I have a... some of the villagers who live near me are suffering from a plague. Nothing I try is helping them. Things I know should help them. Not to the slightest degree do they provide relief."
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #34
Captain-Captain

Korbin nods.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2141352/
Herbal Pharmacy (defaults to physician TL 3 -0 to try to recognize the disease Koban is talking about. 12- (3d6=10)

(success)

He Grimaces, "[Plague's Name]. A horrible thing. I've treated it once and had some success with a mix of the seeds of a flower called Goblin ears with sinjanz wort as a balm over the patients chest. (ooc: better success looking for herbal treatments) Pharmacy (Herbal) 12- known treatments for the disease. (3d6=7) but the bes thing I can think of is the Health Elixir. And alas, those are becoming quite finicky."
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #35
OldSam

"Well, I'm short on experience with curing diseases but at least I know that healing magic worked much better in the past than it does these days. Something changed.
Last year I spent some months with an old mage and he teached me a lot of the basic principles and techniques he knew. Then at any point in the late summer, it showed that somehow I was not able to make much further progression and even had some problems to reproduce the things which I already had understood.
Soon my teacher noticed that something was wrong as he found that simple healing techniques which he had used a lot of times before were now much harder for himself, too. Anyway he was not able to find an explanation for this, unfortunately.
A few weeks later I left him continuing my work as a travelling guide and hoping to find an answer somewhere but I could not discover something, yet.
Lately I was hearing some rumours about strange happenings with magic in Quanton and I was hoping that this could be the place to find out more. So that is what took me here."

Last edited by OldSam; 07-03-2009 at 05:48 AM.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #36
Captain-Captain

"In general, magic is neutral to what it is cast on. The caster may have a hostlie orhelpful intent, but magic doesn't have any inclination of it's own. There are regions where certain types of magic are aided or hindered. The magic in that area is aspected in some manner. It is possible, I suppose that some sort of anti-healing aspectation is occuring over the whole of the land, but this seems u likely given the size of the land." Korbin says. "If so, finding the source of this tainting of the underlying force of magic, mana, would seem to be the best course of action to take."
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Old 07-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #37
OldSam

"Hmm, if somewhere a single source is disturbing the healing magic, I would assume that the effect gets stronger the closer you are to it.
Has anyone of you heard of areas which are affected more than usual?"
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
Wild Bill

Koban grimaces, "I've heard nothing, which is why I have come here. I have no real idea where to start... Is there such a thing as a primary source or an area of intense concentration of the magical force that permeates our world, however it works?"
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Captain-Captain

"I heal but it is not my primary work. I'm a weather mage and I deal with larger areas than most wizards do. The mana level seems fairly uniform and consistent. If there is a source for it I don't think it's remotely close to local." Korbin says.

"But a taint of some sort might spread."
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #40
younglorax

When he notices a lull in the conversation, the bartender comes over to the table, and asks, "Are any of you going to be needing a room tonight?"
younglorax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forcefeeding