Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #61
Beoferret

Default Re: GURPS 2013 Wish List

This is probably more appropriate for a 2014 wishlist, but I would love to see a bunch more publications from the locations, supporting cast, and hot spots lines (as well as some encounters). Someone start writing, dang it. (if only it was that easy)
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #62
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Low Tech Compendium III: buildings and architecture?
Hardly crawling with floor plans.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #63
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHoward View Post
The budget is broken before I start. Only the wildest runaway success would be profitable. If I wanted to make money I wouldn't write it at all, but I'm not going to outlay anything for the project. The first book hasn't sold 100 copies yet, however, so other projects are higher on the priority list.
I think your next book might sell better than the one on castles. Lots of Ars Magica and Hârn GMs will be interested in floorplans for more mundane medieval buildings. It's not just for GURPS players.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #64
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
A non-combat TDMs book.

A book of non-combat Techniques.
Hero System has The Ultimate Skill. GURPS might benefit from a similar treatment, although done different in the details (frankly, the content-per-page ratio for TUS is low, making it look like what it probably is, a one-man project by Steve Long, with little or no input from others, e.g. the asking-process-the-writer-hadn't-thought of thing that Matt Riggsby mentioned earlier).
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #65
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoferret View Post
This is probably more appropriate for a 2014 wishlist, but I would love to see a bunch more publications from the locations, supporting cast, and hot spots lines (as well as some encounters). Someone start writing, dang it. (if only it was that easy)
Over on another thread, Bill Stoddard and I were saying that we'd be capable of writing more books in the same general vein as Worminghall and Hellsgate, but their sales leave something to be desired, so even if authors are inclined to write them, SJ Games may be more wary. Same with the Hot Spots line, though I've got another I'd very much like to write (haven't pitched it yet; I've already got a few outstanding proposals, and I don't expect any action on those until the giant cybertank gets out of the way).

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #66
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari View Post
You know, I'm actually a little curious about how much more there is to do that hasn't already been done. 4E is huge. I trust SJGames will find meaningful directions to expand 4E into, but I have some difficulty guessing what they might be myself.
Ars Magica 5th Edition kinda seems the same. Kinda like the edition is done. Supplements are out to cover all the bases (still some Tribunals left, but Tribunal books don't get updated every time there's a new edition).

With GURPS, many bases are covered. Fantasy, high-tech, modern action, space. What's left is mainly Bestiary and Vehicle Design, and maybe Power-Downs (given how relatively important disads are in the GURPS character creation proess).
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #67
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
I would like to see GURPS Power-Downs. I'll add that I most want to see GURPS Power-Downs: Limitations.
I'm more into GURPS Power-Downs 1: Disadvantages. I think disads define characters much more than Limitations usually do. Also they aren't fundamentally broken, unlike e.g. Limited Use 1/day.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #68
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Its come up on the forums before so your not the only one.
Some support for this already exists but yeah I would buy that book. especially if it was cross TL.
Don't hold your breath on cross-TL. Most who have expressed an interest in cooperating with me on some kind of economic simlation system (tailored to be usable with multiple different RPG systems) tend to graviate strongly towards a system that's highly specific for feudalism and manorialism, and even for a Christianity-based paradigm with all clerks being literate, and that's far too narrow for my interests.

I need coverage pre-manorial farming economies (e.g. Viking-style large farmsteads, and cattle-based economies), and alternatives to literacy such as mnemotechniques taught at Druidic academies, and for that matter fyrds and warbands, rather than all battles being based on knights and levied yeomen. That kind of breadth of coverage requires a lot of extra work. If you expand to cover TLs beyond 2-3 (or at best 1-4), you multiply the effort required enormously.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #69
dataweaver

Skimmed the thread, so apologies if I've missed something:

GURPS Vehicles Design System

We're approaching the ten-year mark for 4th edition, and this is a supplement that's been in the making since the 4th edition was first released.

GURPS Ritual Path Magic. Me want; but mainly as a tool for making…

GURPS Power-Ups: Spells. Something of a misnomer; but I lack a better name for it. This would be to the magic system in Basic Set as GURPS Powers is to the Psionics system in Basic Set: a toolbox for creating your own "spells" (i.e., skill-based supernatural abilities, including but not limited to magic spells, chi arts, psionic disciplines, divine prayers, etc.) and organizing them into a skill-based "magic system".

GURPS Power-Ups: Disadvantages. Yes, Power-Ups, not Power-Downs: the gamers are getting more options and toys to play with; that these options are traditionally viewed as "bad stuff" for the characters doesn't keep it from being a "Power-Up" to the game. Some sort of tie-in to Impulse Buys should be included, but only as a sidebar; not as the main thrust of the supplement.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #70
Keiko
Banned

GURPS Sex 2100 edition

Just kidding. :D
Closed Thread

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gurps, horses, magic, monsters, wish list