Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #1421
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Tabby: “Can I make some lavender grow?”
01: “That’s not the herb we need right now . . ..”

--

GM: “Well you know that a Borg Cube is three kilometers on a side . . . but that’s faint comfort.”

--

Thane (OOC): “I’m glad Thane can’t hear this—he’d have several kittens by now.”
GM: “Which is odd, because he’s a werewolf.”

--

Thane: “Can I get a handful of Mars dust?”
01 (OOC): “You should get a bunch—it’s going to be a collector’s item really soon!”
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #1422
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
GM: “Well you know that a Borg Cube is three kilometers on a side . . . but that’s faint comfort.”
three kilometers on an edge, or three square kilometers on a side? It does make a difference in my amount of panic ;)
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:27 AM   #1423
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Well, a Borg Cube is twenty-seven cubic kilometers. So, it's three kilometers on an edge, I guess. They're huge.

But, they're not the size of Mars or a Death Star . . . or a Death Star's volume of Metallic Hydrogen.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #1424
johndallman
Night Watchman

Player: "I'll use Knife, with Housekeeping as a complementary skill."
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #1425
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Adam: “What did you put in there?”
Thane: “Mars.”
Adam: “Mars? All of it?”
Thane: “Yeah. That’s about all that’s left.”

--

Thane: “It can’t get any more confusing than it already is.”
GM (OOC): “Note to self: make more confusing.”

--

GM: “The Devil sent you here. All things considered, it’s a pretty nice place.”

--

2b: “Do I have a clue in my equipment list?”

--

GM: “You do feel the gaze of the two Dragon God murals weighing down upon you.”
Contessa: “I look up and whisper ‘Join me!’.”
Old 12-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #1426
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

GM: “Don’t throw Ponch’s head around!”

--

GM: “She’s in useful female armor . . . not fantasy artist female armor.”

--

Thane: “Naked displays of force are usually followed by court orders to put some pants on.”

--

01 (OOC): “Glitch—chainsaw!”
Glitch (OOC): “Eeyuu, I’ll have lizard bits all over me.”
01 (OOC): “It’ll come out in the wash.”

--

Thane: “I don’t know, maybe a good whacky-stick.”
01 (OOC): “Is that a technical term.”

--

GM: “You’ve never seen a lizardman pee himself before.”
Thane: “Or just before.”

--

GM: “He takes a life-altering amount of damage from that hit.”

--

Contessa (OOC): “I can choose my own destiny! I can multi-class!”
Old 12-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #1427
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

GM: “You’ve never received an incredulus look from a lizardman before . . . but you’re getting one now.”

--

(Deliberately mis-translating)
Contessa: “It’s something about you . . . and how you can’t attract a mate. It’s a very nuanced language.”

--

(Deliberately mis-translating)
Contessa: “He also says that your progeny is weak an ineffective. Oh, wait, strike that, he remembered that you can’t get a mate.”

--

Tabby: “The conversation went a little south when Thane transformed.”

--

GM: “Okay, five. Glitch and the Nanoforms.”
01 (OOC): “That sounds like a terrible band name.”

--

Thane (in Lizardman, having been told how to say it): “Smear yourselves with mustard and say ‘goat birthday cake!’ suckers!”

--

01: “I’m down! Nanodorks! Operation Human Shield!”

--

GM: “Tabby. This is the most horrible thing you’ve ever seen. And you’ve seen Necrons up close.”
Contessa: “Why do you have boobs?!” (<- asked on numerous occasions)

--

GM: “Tabby. What would you like to do?”
Thane (OOC): “KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!”

--

Contessa: “When she gets a chance, Contessa will probably get some pamphlets printed. With things like: Do you have a soul in your possession that you own, but don’t really use?”
Old 01-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #1428
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Superfight:
Our current Champion is:
Santa, who can fly by flapping his arms and is made of guacamole.

The contest for the new player is: The game of Thrones.

FengMD played
Ichigo (from Bleach) with the One Ring.

The additional trait card they were dealt was:
Have to go to Time Out if they do anything mean.

--

FengMD: “Are they talking the sport of fencing? Or making a fence?”

--

Things that only make sense in Superfight:
Huck: “Is the nudist also a carnie?”
Bobb: “He is now.”
Old 01-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #1429
Icelander

Older male PC to shy, reserved and timid college-age female PC, about a minute after she gratefully put on borrowed clothes after narrowly escaping from the traditional position of naked sacrifice, covered with otherwordly sigils, as the centerpiece in evil occult ceremony:

Male PC: "Is there anything I can do to help? Do you want me to help remove your body paint?"
(beat)
"Let me rephrase that into something less creepy, socially inept and incredibly insensitive."

---

Later, that same PC Damsel-in-Distress.

GM: "What do you do while the guys distract the detectives, hide the diamonds and kidnap the sorceress?
DiD PC: "Is looking Pitiable an action?"

---

Still later, after the police an emergency personnel have reached them and are doing their thing.

GM as Kelly, a Homicide Detective: "Are you sure you don't remember any connection you could have to either of the other two people, using the names Robert E. Green and Gwen Delvano?"
DiD PC: I Parry any further questions with 'I'm the victim here' Judo and ugly crying. Then I try to use my Pitiable Power on the EMTs to summon blankets, bottled water and something to eat.
GM: "Detective Cartwright Blocks with Proper Procedure and just wanting to get all the information that can help them catch the people who did this, but Detective Kelly is Stunned into ineffectually patting your shoulder while simultaneously avoiding any unwanted contact or intimacy. Before long, your Patron has cast Summon Ridiculously High-Priced Attorney and you'll be spirited away in return for a promise to give a full statement once you've gotten medical attention for unspecified, vague and confidential medical issues. In the meantime, every female cop and EMT (as well as a few of the less threatening male ones) who have a daughter, kid sister or niece hover around you and sacrifice blankets, coats, water, coffee and sandwiches to your Pitiable Power."
DiD PC: "Can I make my sandwich a ham sandwich with a Power Stunt?"
GM: "And hot cocoa, free of charge. Plus, nobody looks at you with resigned weariness and the silent judgment we reserve for the suicidally unhinged in their eyes, the way Detectives Cartsright and Kelly get when they see Lucien Lacoste and Ted Smith at a crime scene. They're just full of ordinary compassion, not the pity people feel for madmen."

Last edited by Icelander; 01-06-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #1430
Icelander

Discussing whether to try to flee the scene and cover up evidence, or cooperate with the police, relying on the fact that they didn't actually do anything all that bad, mostly just hit someone who was attacking them with a knife and, it also looks like they rescued a kidnap victim. Or, actually, she kind of rescued herself, they just lent her some clothes and performed an emergency trachectomy on one of her kidnappers.

PC1 (an off-duty sheriff's deputy): "Do we have any reason to be evasive or hide anything from the detectives outside?"
PC2 (technicallly also has a badge and has recently graduated from a police academy, but isn't a real cop): "Well, you were breaking and entering while waving a large knife and a salt shaker. Also, I'm fairly certain that anything found in here will be ruled inadmissable because you didn't have a warrant or any legitimate reason to break down the door."
PC1: "OK, do we have any reason to lie about anything other than what the cops outside are going to lie about anyway in the official report, i.e. the scream we obviously all heard before entering due to exigent circumstances?"
PC2: "No, that about covers it. I assume we wave our badges and say the name of our illustrious employer a lot, maybe casually mention his political donations, friendship with the mayor and chief, that sort of thing?"
PC1: "We won't have to. He'll already have sent his Lawyers."

At this point, 'Nonc' Morel, a rural Cajun sort who looks like a hobo who likes to fish and wrestle gators in the mud, aside from the actual, honest-to-God full size wizard's staff he always carries, starts to question the wisdom of any plan that involves knuckling down to Authority, the Law and possibly even Yankee Revenooers.

PC2: "It'll be fine. I know you look kind of dodgy, but you're a guest in the home of J.R. Kessler and his name carries a lot of weight around here."
'Nonc' Morel: "It gonna carry all them ounces of fine, sweet medicinal herbs I've got in my pockets?"
PC1: "Uh, you're just going to have to get rid of any drugs before they come in here."
Morel: "Hell, no! I got my pride! We still got freedoms, ain't we? What, next you're gonna arx me to pay them leeches taxes?"

---

Later, after 'Nonc' Morel St. Patin has decided to obey his first instincts and the instincts of generations of St. Patins by heading away from any representative of authority, who might be looking to discover his still, demand back taxes or ask him any questions at all, he stops by on the way out to to give advice to one of the kidnappers / cultists, who had proved to be a fairly unintimidating specimen and been subdued with social skills and then calmed with a rather large rolled-up joint of medicinal herbs:

'Nonc' Morel: "You just hang tough, kid and tell them cochons nothing. Nothing. Arx for a liar to speak for you, they cain't force you to speak without you gots one."
PC2: "He's right, kid. We'll get you a lawyer and you don't have to talk to anyone else about what happened here."
Morel: "What you gonna tell them cochons?"
Dazed young cultist: "Nothing?"
Morel: "Alohrs pas, bougie boy."

---

Still later, having to submit to various medical examinations, tests and suchlike, as well as give an official statement.

Player1, OOC: "I want to hunt a horrible monster in an exciting dungeon crawl, not sit with them in a cubicle and fill out paperwork!!!"
Player2, OOC: "I told you we should have attacked them on sight. Cops cause bureaucracy, like vampires cause anemia."

Last edited by Icelander; 01-07-2019 at 05:27 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny