Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 03-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Update 1.5.13.3?

Looks like there was an update today!

Quote:
Live Now! Ogre Update 1.5.13.3
Update 1.5.13.3

Hey all, happy to announce an update to Ogre. First off we want to say huge thanks to everyone for sending in bug reports, suggestions and error logs. It's been a huge help and has helped us to track down a bunch of issues we'd been unable to replicate.

Improvements:
Removed G.E.V. Start and Stop sounds. We received feedback that these sounds were quite high pitch and simply unpleasant. We agree in this case and think for now they should be disabled.
When attacking with an Ogre, holding shift now highlights which weapon charge will get removed.
Some minor text improvements.
Bug fixes
Fixed a bug where a unit that is stuck in a swamp/rubble can sometimes be selected to move (But cannot move.)
Fixed multiple issues in regards to Saving and Loading, especially in G.E.V. maps.
Fixed a range of desync issues in multiplayer, including issues with reinforcements, overrun, the train, recovery rolls and games ending.
Fixed a range of UI issues in multiplayer, including issues with the turn indicator (showed opposing players to be in the G.E.V. phase when it was not their turn) and the event indicator (showing the number of turns until an event happens) occasionally showing an incorrect value.
Fixed some issues with reconnecting to a multiplayer game, particularly in G.E.V. maps. These were issues where the game could load in an incorrect phase or units could be in an incorrect state.
Note these fixes should have benefits to other areas of the game as they remove a bunch of issues that might impact on other areas.
Thanks

Auroch Digital team.
One question, though. My game shows 1.5.13.1, not 1.5.13.3. Is there a Mac/Windows thing going on, perhaps?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 15.22.03.png (9.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 03-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
selenite

Default Re: Update 1.5.13.3?

Good to see. I've been confused by some of those desynch issues myself.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #3
Blue Ghost

The game seems to be working better. A new bug is that after you move an infantry unit it still light up blue glowing hexes, but only on it's own hex.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:16 AM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
The game seems to be working better. A new bug is that after you move an infantry unit it still light up blue glowing hexes, but only on it's own hex.
Is that related to still being able to select it for splitting the units up?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
Blue Ghost

You know, it could be. I didn't think of that. It just seemed like it hadn't done it before.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #6
Tim Kauffman

This update just confirmed my view of this game.

This game launched October 5 2017. 5 months ago.

This is a incomplete, issue plagued and unfinished game from launch. Most of the "issues' actually fall into the category of things that should have been fully functional and working properly at launch. They have been working on another game also. How can this in any way be beneficial to the OGRE PC Game?

I recently discovered you can't actually play other people in Custom Scenarios you or others have made, only vs AI, which needs a lot of work.
That feature should have been available at launch.

There are still so many things broken with gameplay at this point it's just not something I will be waiting on anymore. 5 months since launch and look at the state of the game. Many of the "updates" are really just things that should have already been in the game at launch. Remember not being able to move stacks until recently updated? If you want to impress people you better do it as soon as possible because you only get one launch.

I could make a list, but I've already invested too much time in something that cannot reciprocate such efforts in a productive way. It's too little, too late. We don't even have all the units available. We don't even know what the finished version of this game will be or when development will end. That's just incorrect, irresponsible and a real shame.

I am actually just going to stay with the board game and not support the PC Game anymore. The only thing I will be using this for anymore is to make custom maps and take snap shots to print out without publishing anymore.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 03-11-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #7
TokyoDan

It'd be nice to be able to get a refund.
TokyoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #8
AurochDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
This update just confirmed my view of this game....
Hi Tim, unless I've got the usernames wrong, we posted some answers to these questions over on Steam... Sorry if that's not you! Thanks.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
Tim Kauffman

The games situation continues with no real satisfactory remedy.

This is constructive criticism from someone who really likes the parts of the game that work and has invested hundreds of hours playing, creating content and trying to provide supportive feedback to make it all it could be. It's a broken game and I'm tired of cutting myself on all the incomplete buggy bits that ruin an otherwise really awesome and incomplete game.

5 months after launch, the game is still incomplete, buggy and we, the player 'base' have no idea what the final version will actually be...meanwhile, a new PC game has been started by the company: http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...od_Red_States/

I have been so supportive of it because of the awesome work that has been done of the things that work and the games foundation. I have been vocal about pointing out things that are issues and trying to otherwise support the game. I have been beyond patient. My conclusion is the game was released prematurely and incomplete and the follow-up support to fix issues ultimately has been too little and too late. This could have been something very special and sadly you only get one first launch.

I shouted from the rooftops that Scenario Creator is the best thing to ever happen to OGRE and should have total unfettered support from SJGs and AUROCH. It should have been smoking out of the gates in radioactive plume of dust at launch fully implemented and fully functional. It is not. Players can not play other players using Custom Scenarios. Are you kidding me? Does anyone else realize the power of being able to create OGRE Scenarios in a digital environment like is in the Scenario Creator? Scenarios are literally OGREs lifeblood...a real shame

A video game can ultimately be only as good as it's functionality and playable finality. This game fails at all of these and the player base that could have been here is sadly not.

So best regards and good luck with the new GW PC Game.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
Mack_JB

To be fair, Tim, you seem in some ways to expect this game to be some other game. Yes, there are bugs, but it plays Ogre perfectly well. If Scenario Creator breaks with your attempts to go all out with it, the game itself still works as it pretty much should. You also seem to have the same view of the cardboard version of the game in that it too should be something it isn't.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote