Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 09-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #41
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I just looked at this for the first time and was so pleased I write a blog article.
https://refplace.blogspot.com/2018/0...ur-gaming.html
Nice! Thanks for the sharing the link, and I'm glad you like the tool. I'm working on the new Features layer now, which lets you add things like doors and other symbology. It's coming along nicely. I had to write a whole new batch of shape rotation code to support it, but I'm an old hand at data transformations. Looking forward to sharing these changes soon.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #42
larsdangly

It's noticeable that there are already a couple of quite good hex mapping tools for wilderness and villages, but even the most ambitious of those hasn't taken on hex based dungeon mapping. I wonder if someone shouldn't each out to one of those companies to see if they'd like to work with you to develop something that integrates seamlessly with their other hex based tools.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:13 AM   #43
Slacker69

I really like where this program/application is going. is there a way to import extra terrain features, such as slopes to other level, stairs, shafts and trap locations? super excited to see where this all goes!
Slacker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #44
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

The above is a good quick review of several different RPG mapping tools - if anybody needs that info, check out the blog post.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #45
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker69 View Post
I really like where this program/application is going. is there a way to import extra terrain features, such as slopes to other level, stairs, shafts and trap locations? super excited to see where this all goes!
I should have the new version released soon which adds the Feature layer. This allows you to put symbols on the map. Initially I will be offering a few TFT-standard dungeon symbols, but hope to expand the offerings significantly. This will be easier if I can work out a way to convert or import vector objects into the code in a standard way.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #46
guymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
I should have the new version released soon which adds the Feature layer. This allows you to put symbols on the map. Initially I will be offering a few TFT-standard dungeon symbols, but hope to expand the offerings significantly. This will be easier if I can work out a way to convert or import vector objects into the code in a standard way.
BEWARE! Here be Prootwaddles!
Old 09-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #47
Shadekeep

I've added the new Feature layer, which sits atop the other layers and includes such things as doors, stairs, and shafts. There is also the "under" passage symbology for maps which include multiple floors, such as the one for Tollenkar's Lair. There is a further Marker symbol which is a basic five-pointed start that you can draw in any of the material colours. This is for marking a place of note. I plan on adding support for letter/number codes as well, so that the map can refer back to a key in the adventure guide.

Sorry that this version once again breaks previous save files. There wasn't a clean way around that in supporting the new Feature function. If you have a map you were working on that you want to keep, please let me know and we'll find a way that you can send it to me and I'll update it to the new format for you.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #48
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

I just looked at the Tollenkar map as rendered by the new software. Way to go, Shadekeep!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #49
Terquem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
I just looked at the Tollenkar map as rendered by the new software. Way to go, Shadekeep!
Did I miss this? Where can I go to see this version of the Tollenkar map?
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:51 AM   #50
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
Did I miss this? Where can I go to see this version of the Tollenkar map?
I emailed it directly to Steve, but here is a download link. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing it with you all as well. Right-click the link and save the file locally, then open it up in the web app.

http://shadekeep.com/files/TollenkarLair.skmr