Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #3931
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch lets the sorcerer take care of it and nods "So, where is the last place we saw him? It was awhile ago, will Shuck still be able to pick up a scent from there?"
Ryuki snatches a clean-looking napkin off the table, wraps the bloody cloth in it and pockets the whole mess. "I don't know--where is the last place you all saw him?"

"Hollywood Hills," Corat volunteers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"I'd be interested to see where Shuck took us on that scent, but that can wait."

"If this were a physical scent, I doubt it, but as it stands it's worth a try. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Shuck could pick up the 'scent' all the way over here, if only we had a way of communicating who we were looking for."
Ryuki stares at Glen blankly. "We have his name, and while that's wholly useless to your hound it's plenty for you and I. We summon him. His name is enough, but a description from those of you who saw him increases our power in this. What he looks like, the impressions he makes, the sound of his voice, things like that. As long as we stay put, we can bring him to us. Of course, if we're not sure we're staying put, I can try something I've been working on to make our summons portable..."

((OOC watching "Now You See It" again))
Old 04-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #3932
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Ryuki snatches a clean-looking napkin off the table, wraps the bloody cloth in it and pockets the whole mess. "I don't know--where is the last place you all saw him?"

"Hollywood Hills," Corat volunteers.
"Hollywood Hills? Are you sure? I remember dogfights and I can't see that happening there. I trust you, but...well...nevermind. I wasn't paying much attention at the time."

Sunae thinks for a moment...

"Something is really bothering me. Remember when we were chasing that blood god? Remember that dream I had? I saw a god making people do terrible things, a god made of fire and leaving a trail of blood and agony. At the time, I thought it was the same god we were chasing. Now? Now I am not so sure."

She sighs

"Every so often Our Blessed Lady allows us a spark of her vision. Problem is, we are never sure when that happens, so I am not entirely sure that was just a dream. But even if it weren't, I don't know what to do about it."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #3933
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Hollywood Hills? Are you sure? I remember dogfights and I can't see that happening there. I trust you, but...well...nevermind. I wasn't paying much attention at the time."

"Something is really bothering me. Remember when we were chasing that blood god? Remember that dream I had? I saw a god making people do terrible things, a god made of fire and leaving a trail of blood and agony. At the time, I thought it was the same god we were chasing. Now? Now I am not so sure."

She sighs

"Every so often Our Blessed Lady allows us a spark of her vision. Problem is, we are never sure when that happens, so I am not entirely sure that was just a dream. But even if it weren't, I don't know what to do about it."
Mitch pats Sunae's shoulder "One problem at a time. Let's focus on catching the Huntsman." He turns to Ryuki "So you can just summon the Huntsman here then? Why were we thinking that we needed Shuck to track him then?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:47 AM   #3934
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

She sighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch pats Sunae's shoulder "One problem at a time. Let's focus on catching the Huntsman." He turns to Ryuki "So you can just summon the Huntsman here then? Why were we thinking that we needed Shuck to track him then?"
Corat is trying to ignore the fact that he's in the middle of a oneupsmanship contest between a pair of sorcerers. "He could summon von Galen here, but even if it works it only gets von Galen, not any of the people who he's recruited to help him do whatever he's doing out there. If I were him I'd anticipate this and set things in motion that would continue after I was gone."

Something in the Symphony tells him he's spoken a very large truth, but it won't tell him what that truth is.

"I don't remember whether he peeled off at the house in Hollywood Hills or whether he split with the group at the dogfight. Either way, though, it's a place to start. Quark...anything?"

"Still looking."

((Sunae could possibly remember http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1899 ))

"Sunae, maybe your vision tells us what he's doing, or maybe what someone higher up in the chain is doing, or maybe something else entirely. Don't discount it as a mere nightmare, though, unless you're quite sure that's what it was."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 04-23-2016 at 06:04 AM. Reason: removing the asterisk
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #3935
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Sunae, maybe your vision tells us what he's doing, or maybe what someone higher up in the chain is doing, or maybe something else entirely. Don't discount it as a mere nightmare, though, unless you're quite sure that's what it was."
"He took off at the dogfight. When we were at the house, the entire group had taken off for some entertainment. When we caught up to them, the other distracted us long enough for him to get away. Wait...when I infiltrated the Huntsmen in the Marches, they were looking at a scrying mirror. If we do something, they will see."

She thinks some more.

"You can summon him here...but can you bring us to him? Can you track him or do an effect like a radar?"

Sunae looks at the phone

"We are finished with our call, yes? Just checking."
Old 04-23-2016, 11:47 PM   #3936
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Ryuki "... And we will be watching how you handle your end too. See you in Santa Cruz."

"See you at the theater," she purrs, and hangs up.
Quote:
"He took off at the dogfight. When we were at the house, the entire group had taken off for some entertainment. When we caught up to them, the other distracted us long enough for him to get away. Wait...when I infiltrated the Huntsmen in the Marches, they were looking at a scrying mirror. If we do something, they will see."

She thinks some more.

"You can summon him here...but can you bring us to him? Can you track him or do an effect like a radar?"

Sunae looks at the phone

"We are finished with our call, yes? Just checking."
Ryuki holds up his phone with its home screen on, some generic artwork that looks like a mah jongg tile. "Yeah, the call is over. I don't know about the scrying mirror thing, believe it or not. It's something I just never had any luck with. As for radar...that's what the hound is for, and we hit the same problem. We need something to track: a scent, a feeling, a hit on the internet or the news or a phone number to watch," with the latter he points to Cameron, assuming she can tap into phone calls. "A name is enough to call him here, but not enough to tell us where he is. It's like calling your name across a room--you hear it, but unless you raise your hand it doesn't tell anyone where you are."

Ryuki paces a bit ((and I walked to coffee)). "It occurs to me, though, that if they're using their scrying mirror then we could do like before and look through it. Not easy, since the best Dream spies I know have been made, but it's a matter of what's easier--tracking a god or spying on them in their home country. I could ask his and my boss," indicating Corat, "for an appropriate spy here, but my direct supervisor is said to be a stickler for chain of command and being the new kid on that block I shouldn't cross him...just yet anyway...even though he's probably expecting me to..."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 04-24-2016 at 06:12 AM. Reason: nonbumpiness
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #3937
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"It occurs to me, though, that if they're using their scrying mirror then we could do like before and look through it. Not easy, since the best Dream spies I know have been made, but it's a matter of what's easier--tracking a god or spying on them in their home country. I could ask his and my boss," indicating Corat, "for an appropriate spy here, but my direct supervisor is said to be a stickler for chain of command and being the new kid on that block I shouldn't cross him...just yet anyway...even though he's probably expecting me to..."
"I don't know if it helps, but when I did it, I was changed to a falcon. They called to me to feed me. I guess they have a reverence for falcons. Perhaps that can help? I don't mind doing it again but I don't know if it would work this time."
Old 04-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #3938
Dalillama

Quote:
"They can't look everywhere at once, and I'm certain that we're not their only concern just now."
Quote:
I don't know about the scrying mirror thing, believe it or not. It's something I just never had any luck with. As for radar...that's what the hound is for, and we hit the same problem. We need something to track: a scent, a feeling, a hit on the internet or the news or a phone number to watch," with the latter he points to Cameron, assuming she can tap into phone calls. "A name is enough to call him here, but not enough to tell us where he is. It's like calling your name across a room--you hear it, but unless you raise your hand it doesn't tell anyone where you are."
"Maybe we should look into mentions of barfights, raves, big parties, and such in the area. I doubt he'll be able to avoid standing out, and if he stands out very much, someone will snap a photo of him. Scanning the pictures people post for a face would be awfully tedious, but maybe it could be automated? I'm no expert."
Quote:
Ryuki paces a bit ((and I walked to coffee)). "It occurs to me, though, that if they're using their scrying mirror then we could do like before and look through it. Not easy, since the best Dream spies I know have been made, but it's a matter of what's easier--tracking a god or spying on them in their home country. I could ask his and my boss," indicating Corat, "for an appropriate spy here, but my direct supervisor is said to be a stickler for chain of command and being the new kid on that block I shouldn't cross him...just yet anyway...even though he's probably expecting me to..."
"Von Galen's hardly a god; it's not as though we're trying to chase down old One-Eye or the Lord of Graveyards personally. I'd just as soon limit the further involvement of powerful entities that prefer me dead, if it's all the same to you. This bunch," he waves generally at Sunae and the angels "are quite enough, thank you. And that's just the ones who are supposedly on the same side as me."

Quote:
"I don't know if it helps, but when I did it, I was changed to a falcon. They called to me to feed me. I guess they have a reverence for falcons. Perhaps that can help? I don't mind doing it again but I don't know if it would work this time."
"I wouldn't care to bet on it, personally. It's more likely that they've a taste for new pets, and if you'd stayed any longer you'd have had a harder time leaving."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #3939
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"They can't look everywhere at once, and I'm certain that we're not their only concern just now."

"Maybe we should look into mentions of barfights, raves, big parties, and such in the area. I doubt he'll be able to avoid standing out, and if he stands out very much, someone will snap a photo of him. Scanning the pictures people post for a face would be awfully tedious, but maybe it could be automated? I'm no expert."

"Von Galen's hardly a god; it's not as though we're trying to chase down old One-Eye or the Lord of Graveyards personally. I'd just as soon limit the further involvement of powerful entities that prefer me dead, if it's all the same to you. This bunch," he waves generally at Sunae and the angels "are quite enough, thank you. And that's just the ones who are supposedly on the same side as me."

"I wouldn't care to bet on it, personally. It's more likely that they've a taste for new pets, and if you'd stayed any longer you'd have had a harder time leaving."
"Maybe some of us can drive out to the Hollywood Hills and let Shuck sniff around. He's probably feeling pretty restless anyways, a big dog like that."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:21 AM   #3940
ladyarcana55

"Wait...I have an idea. I don't know how feasible it is but..."

Sunae thinks a bit

"There is an event that takes place every every year called Hot Import Nights. When it first started it was a car show dedicated to customized import cars. But over time it has been more famous for the cars, the really loud music, the barely clothed girls, the excessive sex and alcohol...among other things. Now it's just a traveling party. Around this time it makes its way to Los Angeles. But because there is also illegal racing, it's usually confined to the deserts. Think that may be something our quarry would be interested in?"

She looks at Ryuki

"Don't look at me like that. It was fun when it first started and I like cars, believe it or not. Even now, I sometimes attend to see the cars. Sometimes I even find a Demon or Hellbound in need of killing and because of the alcohol and drugs, fights and even deaths are not unexpected. The only real downside is that now, females are expected to dress a certain way if they want to get in for free. I can't justify the cost of the ticket so..."

She shrugs

((OOC: Yes, some of it is real, as far as I know. Obviously, there is quite a bit of embellishment.))

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 04-25-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Tags
in nomine