Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #3821
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
She pauses as she looks at him cautiously but then she smiles shyly.

"You know that I already have a dress. You saw me change into it for my job when I was supposed to be hostess. You also saw me put on the makeup and everything else for it. But first..."

She thinks about it

"Say it to me when we are awake and when you are sober. I want to make sure it's not a dream, and I have to know it's really you saying it. Do that...and my answer will be yes."
Quote:
"I have never known you to show that kind of restraint"

She's teasing

"But really, you seem sober. Why?"
"Well, back in the dream-world I asked you out to dinner, and you said to ask again when you were awake and I was sober. I'm pretty sure you're awake, so...when we get back to San Francisco, will you join me for dinner? Dinner out? Nothing too fancy." Shut up, brain, and wait for the answer.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:18 AM   #3822
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Well, back in the dream-world I asked you out to dinner, and you said to ask again when you were awake and I was sober. I'm pretty sure you're awake, so...when we get back to San Francisco, will you join me for dinner? Dinner out? Nothing too fancy." Shut up, brain, and wait for the answer.
blink

"I honestly didn't think you were serious, or that you were interested at all. But...I told you that if you would ask, I'd say yes and I meant it. I would truly be honored Ryuki. Thank you"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:04 PM   #3823
Puck

Quote:
The three of them get on the familiar old 767 that the angels know as the RedEye, which will be arriving in Los Angeles late at night. Mitch (or any other angel) may join them there. (I have to decide about Corat, Cameron, and the Lightning angel that would allow her into your company before you land.)
Mitch descends onto the plane using the tether. It's with a bit of sadness that he feels his wings and tail fade as he enters his human form. Stepping out, he looks around the others. He make his way down the body of the plane until he spots Ryuki and slides into the seat across the isle from him. "Where are we headed too?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:46 AM   #3824
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch descends onto the plane using the tether. It's with a bit of sadness that he feels his wings and tail fade as he enters his human form. Stepping out, he looks around the others. He make his way down the body of the plane until he spots Ryuki and slides into the seat across the isle from him. "Where are we headed too?"
Corat may have trouble taking charge, but Ryuki has no such inhibitions. "Um, L.A. to...well to start with, that's where the plane is going. We should get off there and check on Corey and Cameron, especially Cameron. Find out what we can about the demon who mickeyed her, see what kind of leverage we can get out of that for our next stop.

"After that," he gulps. He's clearly not looking forward to it. "We head up to Santa Cruz for their Mikado production, where we will try to get Ruby in a compromising position. She's clever--no, she's smart--so she won't make it easy for us. Or cheap. But we're going to need her help monitoring L.A., which will free me up for work and for watching the ethereals and the roads. Glen can network the occultists and ghosts, and you guys..." he addresses Mitch, but it takes him a second, "can warn everyone to stand down when they're provoked." He taps his fingers, thinking. "Where is Corat?"

Back in Los Angeles, Corat has called in help. He looks at the computer that is still on and taps its monitor, whistling a little tune at it that sounds almost like a dialup handshake. Before Cameron can protest, it whistles back. For a second it's like a pair of birds talking to each other, and then the angel beams at Cameron with pride. "We now have a ghost in the machine--well, an angel in the machine. She can travel through the wires and she'll look for your dongle-thing. Say hello."
Old 01-01-2016, 02:56 AM   #3825
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Corat may have trouble taking charge, but Ryuki has no such inhibitions. "Um, L.A. to...well to start with, that's where the plane is going. We should get off there and check on Corey and Cameron, especially Cameron. Find out what we can about the demon who mickeyed her, see what kind of leverage we can get out of that for our next stop.

"After that," he gulps. He's clearly not looking forward to it. "We head up to Santa Cruz for their Mikado production, where we will try to get Ruby in a compromising position. She's clever--no, she's smart--so she won't make it easy for us. Or cheap. But we're going to need her help monitoring L.A., which will free me up for work and for watching the ethereals and the roads. Glen can network the occultists and ghosts, and you guys..." he addresses Mitch, but it takes him a second, "can warn everyone to stand down when they're provoked." He taps his fingers, thinking. "Where is Corat?"
"Corat was going to check on Cameron. But about the Huntsman, I had an idea. The jars we got from Kingman. One of them is a goddess, yes? Her people want her back. Perhaps we can get them to help us find the Huntsman?"
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #3826
Puck

Quote:

Mitch takes this all in with a thoughtful look "I see. It is unfortunate that we need to involve Ruby, but I must admit that having her assistance in this matter may come in handy. I hope we can find some good blackmail material." He looks over at Sunae saying "I spoke with my Lord about what happened in Japan and he wishes us to aid the Japanese Ethereals if possible. He feels it would be wise to show our gratitude in their warning for all Angels to leave Japan before they attacked the demonic tether."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #3827
chumley1013

Quote:
Back in Los Angeles, Corat has called in help. He looks at the computer that is still on and taps its monitor, whistling a little tune at it that sounds almost like a dialup handshake. Before Cameron can protest, it whistles back. For a second it's like a pair of birds talking to each other, and then the angel beams at Cameron with pride. "We now have a ghost in the machine--well, an angel in the machine. She can travel through the wires and she'll look for your dongle-thing. Say hello."
She musters a nervous smile. "Hello. We're looking for a software called Rocinante. I named it after Don Quixote's Horse." She blushes a bit. "It's also the name of a spaceship in a book series I read."

Now that the inventory has been taken the best it can, she proceeds to start picking up things. "Corat, want some coffee? Sorry about the mess. It sure as heck didn't look like this when I got knocked out this morning."
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #3828
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Corat was going to check on Cameron. But about the Huntsman, I had an idea. The jars we got from Kingman. One of them is a goddess, yes? Her people want her back. Perhaps we can get them to help us find the Huntsman?"
"Yeah." Ryuki nudges Glen. "We have access to some rather interesting hostages, at reasonable prices. The guy's even been known to take returns if you don't mark up the margins too badly." It's an inside joke--Ryuki's a terrible one for buying a book, digitizing it, and then selling it back. He laughs at his own joke momentarily. "Do you have the inventory list on you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
She musters a nervous smile. "Hello. We're looking for a software called Rocinante. I named it after Don Quixote's Horse." She blushes a bit. "It's also the name of a spaceship in a book series I read."

Now that the inventory has been taken the best it can, she proceeds to start picking up things. "Corat, want some coffee? Sorry about the mess. It sure as heck didn't look like this when I got knocked out this morning."
"Rocinante." the ghost in the machine seems to understand. "I'm looking..." she makes hmm sounds in her slightly twangy voice ((I'm thinking Ashley Judd in "Flypaper")) "no, I don't see...wait, wait, just now. Got a hit on an old thing, jumping..." A bit of noise follows, and when she comes back she seems quite agitated. "Demons. You should have warned me. I'll have to log off in a minute because one of them's a Vappie and he's going to come after me. But there are four of them, three of them using old Apples and one on a smartphone. And they're big---aaaah I'll be right back."

"Go, go ahead." Corat reassures the other angel that it's okay to bug out, better than okay even. He plugs his phone in to the computer's USB and counts to three before unplugging it. "You in there?"

"Thank you, but this is still wifi. You got a phone charger, a power strip, and a toaster? I've never known anyone to hack a toaster."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch takes this all in with a thoughtful look "I see. It is unfortunate that we need to involve Ruby, but I must admit that having her assistance in this matter may come in handy. I hope we can find some good blackmail material." He looks over at Sunae saying "I spoke with my Lord about what happened in Japan and he wishes us to aid the Japanese Ethereals if possible. He feels it would be wise to show our gratitude in their warning for all Angels to leave Japan before they attacked the demonic tether."
"The kami. Gifts, yes. Trust, to a point.

"Ruby's more than handy--running LA would be a full time job, and I've already got two of those. Even if Marc were to bless the whole family with massive amounts of money, I'd still need the contacts I get from our business. So yeah, she's a headache but we need her." His voice catches on 'need', but he lets it slide. He turns back to the phone. "Corey...three computers and a phone? Old computers?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Could that be Tishbite?" Ryuki's face is glowing at the thought. He explains to his companions on the plane. "Guys, if that's Tishbite, we have more than enough to work with."
Old 01-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #3829
Dalillama

Quote:
Quote:
"Yeah." Ryuki nudges Glen. "We have access to some rather interesting hostages, at reasonable prices. The guy's even been known to take returns if you don't mark up the margins too badly." It's an inside joke--Ryuki's a terrible one for buying a book, digitizing it, and then selling it back. He laughs at his own joke momentarily. "Do you have the inventory list on you?"
"I hate to waste resources like that, but if need be..."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #3830
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Ryuki, everything we got from Kingman is yours. The only reason why Glen has it is because you weren't there at the time and things kept happening. And Glen, before you bring that up again, no I did not promise you anything. I only said at the time that I would be okay with you taking it but then I decided otherwise."

"I believe there were four jars total. One had the goddess, Julia, Shuck and one other I think? That one god wants Julia back and I am willing to let him have her as long as they don't return."

Quote:
"Ruby's more than handy--running LA would be a full time job, and I've already got two of those. Even if Marc were to bless the whole family with massive amounts of money, I'd still need the contacts I get from our business. So yeah, she's a headache but we need her." His voice catches on 'need', but he lets it slide. He turns back to the phone. "Corey...three computers and a phone? Old computers?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Could that be Tishbite?" Ryuki's face is glowing at the thought. He explains to his companions on the plane. "Guys, if that's Tishbite, we have more than enough to work with."
"Who? He was the one who was stalking me, Kane and Artemis during the hunt for the god. Kane fought him but I don't know what all happened with that. Why do we want him?"

Tags
in nomine