Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-19-2015, 04:41 AM   #3371
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
(I thought Sunae was sleeping nearby?)
"May as well go straight to the source for our information, and Odin's a being you can cut a deal with, usually." Glen rubbernecks a bit on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae is sleeping nearby. They didn't have time to grab a room1
Ryuki catches Glen's body language. "Yeah, if she wakes up and we're not here she's going to think we're in trouble. I'll leave a note." In English he writes Contacting someone local. We're nearby, call if you need us. He shows it to Glen for approval.

As for rubbernecking, it seems this town has three vices: gambling, shopping, and wildly inappropriate clothing for this time of day. Three pachinko parlors, each the size of a grocery store, beckon people in with lights, sex appeal, and the illusion of easy money. Shopping is quite easy as you came through an outdoor mall spanning five blocks and Ryuki's leading you back towards it. Inside the mall are small packs of young people, mostly single-gender packs wearing outfits that make them look like living, breathing anime characters. They've caught Ryuki's eye as he tries to find an appropriate bar but he's not approaching any of them yet, nor going into any bar yet. Most of the bars are just off the main walkway and barely distinguishable from each other. One is German themed, another offers Mexican food along with drinks. The straight drinks-no-food ones don't appear to be open yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Luckily for Mitch, Mo-mo is headed in the same general direction as those shiny peacock feathers. Corat sees no problem with following the demon at a distance, though he keeps a firm hand on Mitch and Sunae, if they'll allow him to. He really doesn't want to get separated in here.
The party in the dreaming has more than three vices and quite possibly more than seven. Corat guides you through the crowd and he's very good at it, but it occupies his entire attention. What Sunae and Mitch would notice that he might not see is that you are not the only ones tailing Mo-mo. She's being sneaky about it, but the woman in peacock feathers always seems to be near.

Mo-mo nears a crowd that seems to be whirling, almost a sure sign that Misrule is nearby and holding court again.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-19-2015 at 04:42 AM. Reason: typo
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #3372
ladyarcana55

Quote:
The party in the dreaming has more than three vices and quite possibly more than seven. Corat guides you through the crowd and he's very good at it, but it occupies his entire attention. What Sunae and Mitch would notice that he might not see is that you are not the only ones tailing Mo-mo. She's being sneaky about it, but the woman in peacock feathers always seems to be near.

Mo-mo nears a crowd that seems to be whirling, almost a sure sign that Misrule is nearby and holding court again.
"Careful," Sunae says quietly in his ear, "It doesn't look like we're the only ones interested in him"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #3373
Dalillama

Quote:
Ryuki catches Glen's body language. "Yeah, if she wakes up and we're not here she's going to think we're in trouble. I'll leave a note." In English he writes Contacting someone local. We're nearby, call if you need us. He shows it to Glen for approval.

As for rubbernecking, it seems this town has three vices: gambling, shopping, and wildly inappropriate clothing for this time of day. Three pachinko parlors, each the size of a grocery store, beckon people in with lights, sex appeal, and the illusion of easy money. Shopping is quite easy as you came through an outdoor mall spanning five blocks and Ryuki's leading you back towards it. Inside the mall are small packs of young people, mostly single-gender packs wearing outfits that make them look like living, breathing anime characters. They've caught Ryuki's eye as he tries to find an appropriate bar but he's not approaching any of them yet, nor going into any bar yet. Most of the bars are just off the main walkway and barely distinguishable from each other. One is German themed, another offers Mexican food along with drinks. The straight drinks-no-food ones don't appear to be open yet.
Glen keeps an eye out for a bar with the maximum number of white people in it, ideally loud ones.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 AM   #3374
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Glen keeps an eye out for a bar with the maximum number of white people in it, ideally loud ones.
Ryuki follows Glen's lead. "Mexican it is then." He walks into an ATM area and pulls out a stack of bills before meandering towards Casa del Sol. "I hope it's authentic and not Japanified," he says quietly. He goes inside with Glen, helps him order at the bar and then says, "I'll be right back. We need a few more people in here." That's arguable--there's a table of mixed expats and a couple locals having a loud conversation, but it's only the one table.

About five minutes later he returns with a young guy wearing bleached white hair and too much jewelry. "Glen, meet Zero. His friends will be here in a minute."

Quote:
"Careful," Sunae says quietly in his ear, "It doesn't look like we're the only ones interested in him"
Corat spares a glace at Ms. Peacock. "Him, or us? The Baron called her Ligeia the last time we were there. She's the one he wanted to guide us through the party. As I remember, she led us in to find our man but didn't stick around to help us get out."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-25-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Easier and more indicative Japanese nickname
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #3375
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Corat spares a glace at Ms. Peacock. "Him, or us? The Baron called her Ligeia the last time we were there. She's the one he wanted to guide us through the party. As I remember, she led us in to find our man but didn't stick around to help us get out."
"Of course not. If she had helped us get out she would have had to explain herself."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #3376
Dalillama

Quote:
About five minutes later he returns with a young guy wearing bleached white hair and too much jewelry. "Glen, meet Zero. His friends will be here in a minute."
Glen looks him up and down. "Charmed, I'm sure." he says sarcastically.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:03 AM   #3377
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Quote:
"Of course not. If she had helped us get out she would have had to explain herself."
Corat gets a gleam in his eye. "I've got an idea." He turns the three of you towards the peacock woman and leads you a couple steps in her direction. Once he's sure he's got her attention, he leads you all away and into an aggressive chase of Mo-mo for just a minute. Then he pauses. Sure enough his little flirtation (though he'd never make that connection) has worked--now she is moving towards you. He stares, a challenge, and she backs off. Instead she sees another ethereal, a red-haired knight on horseback. She tugs at his green cloak to whisper into his ear. (You'll likely recognize him. http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=892 as Babaluyu.)

"Now," Corat guides quietly, "we brave Misrule's whirlpool, or we make a deal with the two of them to find out what we need." At 'deal' he's clearly addressing Mitch.

Quote:

Quote:
Glen looks him up and down. "Charmed, I'm sure." he says sarcastically.
Zero shrugs as though to say 'meh', and orders a drink. Mind you, he looks barely 21.

"No need to be rude, Glen. He and his friends will get this party started. They're professionals." He waits for the look on Glen's face that will tell him whether he's catching his meaning.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-03-2015 at 02:53 AM. Reason: wrong loa
Old 01-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #3378
Dalillama

Quote:
Zero shrugs as though to say 'meh', and orders a drink. Mind you, he looks barely 21.

"No need to be rude, Glen. He and his friends will get this party started. They're professionals." He waits for the look on Glen's face that will tell him whether he's catching his meaning.
Glen raises an eyebrow at this and shoots Ryuki an incredulous look behind Zero's back. "Well, it's always nice to meet another... professional."
Old 01-29-2015, 11:36 PM   #3379
Puck

Quote:
Corat gets a gleam in his eye. "I've got an idea." He turns the three of you towards the peacock woman and leads you a couple steps in her direction. Once he's sure he's got her attention, he leads you all away and into an aggressive chase of Mo-mo for just a minute. Then he pauses. Sure enough his little flirtation (though he'd never make that connection) has worked--now she is moving towards you. He stares, a challenge, and she backs off. Instead she sees another ethereal, a red-haired knight on horseback. She tugs at his green cloak to whisper into his ear. (You'll likely recognize him. http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=892 as Obatala.)

"Now," Corat guides quietly, "we brave Misrule's whirlpool, or we make a deal with the two of them to find out what we need." At 'deal' he's clearly addressing Mitch.
Mitch nods, eye gleaming briefly with pleasure. He glances around, attempting to a somewhat quieter eddy of the party, hopefully somewhere where they wouldn't be overheard. He makes sure to catch the eye of Obatala as he leads the group toward the edge of the gathering.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #3380
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Glen raises an eyebrow at this and shoots Ryuki an incredulous look behind Zero's back. "Well, it's always nice to meet another... professional."
Ryuki lets the exchange go, his mind mostly occupied by planning. He orders a drink to appease the bartender and his own nerves and nudges Glen to do the same. Soon after Zero's companions arrive, a guy his own age and three girls who are barely out of their teens, and all in slightly toned-down versions of Harajuku fashion. I say 'arrive' rather than walk in because they practically burst through the door, smiling and laughing and flirting with everyone they see. The group of expats considers leaving, but a round of drinks pacifies them. Ryuki walks over to their table and they're all ears, considering that he just spent a couple hundred on quenching their thirsts.

"Guys, I have a friend from Denmark coming around and I told him how the Japanese can party. Unfortunately he's coming here, now, just before lunch hour. Now I know how crazy this town is on a Friday night--can we get some of that going here now?"

The expats are game, and the professionals are damned good at their jobs. All it needs is a little sorcery. Maybe you should cut Ryuki off after his third drink...oops, fourth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods, eye gleaming briefly with pleasure. He glances around, attempting to a somewhat quieter eddy of the party, hopefully somewhere where they wouldn't be overheard. He makes sure to catch the eye of Obatala as he leads the group toward the edge of the gathering.
Babaluyu catches the gesture and picks his way gingerly through the crowd. Ligeia, the peacock woman, attempts to follow him but he nudges her away. She keeps coming back, persistent creature she, and he pauses to persuade her away. They're close, but not quite close enough to overhear as they are speaking quietly and closely to each other.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-03-2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: wrong loa

Tags
in nomine