Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-09-2015, 01:25 AM   #3361
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Quiet, huh?" Ryuki racks his brain coming up with something. "Odin's idea of fun generally isn't quiet, but this is definitely not something we're going to do in a crowded bar. A love motel...not sure it's his style, but it would give us the privacy we need. I'll call my bank so they don't think my card is stolen, and then we can head to Washington Street. The red light district if memory serves me correctly." He pulls out his phone. "Unless you've got a better idea."
"Unobtrusive, anyway; maybe a tourist bar would work, someplace he and I won't stand out so damn much. This isn't my turf, so I'll let you lead us."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #3362
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Corat is disgusted. "You know that technically they're allowed to do that, wander around and incorporate dreamers into their gatherings. They wouldn't dare harvest Essence that way on this side of the fence, but there's little we can do on that side."
"If it distracts them and keeps them from noticing us, I don't care. We should take advantage of it."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #3363
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch shoots Sunae a quick smile "Very lovely." He watchs Mo-Mo for a moment and then looks at the others "Should we make ourselves known do you think?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"If it distracts them and keeps them from noticing us, I don't care. We should take advantage of it."
Corat visibly shakes off the thought. He tries to adjust his apparent form but it's impossible--angels are no good at ethereal disguises, their basic truth nature too far at odds with such chicanery. He'll just have to hope that they're looking at him from the waist up where he can do a humanlike body. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...us#post1615624

He leads Sunae and Mitch through the dream bubbles by a startlingly efficient route, feigning interest in their contents from time to time to hide the fact that he's tailing Mo-mo. You're near the party now, that great amoeba, and in a position to cut Mo-mo off or allow him to enter. He seems unaware of his tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Unobtrusive, anyway; maybe a tourist bar would work, someplace he and I won't stand out so damn much. This isn't my turf, so I'll let you lead us."
"Okay." Ryuki mulls something over in his mind. "Time passes differently in the dream than here, right? It could make a difference. And we'll need a party and a ritual--have you thought about how to do the ritual so it's not obvious to the partygoers?" He attempts to pet Shuck but the hound won't have it. He paces a short way away to call the bank. Judging by the length of the conversation it is not a simple transaction.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #3364
Puck

Quote:
Corat visibly shakes off the thought. He tries to adjust his apparent form but it's impossible--angels are no good at ethereal disguises, their basic truth nature too far at odds with such chicanery. He'll just have to hope that they're looking at him from the waist up where he can do a humanlike body. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...us#post1615624

He leads Sunae and Mitch through the dream bubbles by a startlingly efficient route, feigning interest in their contents from time to time to hide the fact that he's tailing Mo-mo. You're near the party now, that great amoeba, and in a position to cut Mo-mo off or allow him to enter. He seems unaware of his tail.
Mitch follows along, keeping an eye out for the peacock colors as they approach the party. As they get closer he leans and murmurers "So, when we arrive I feel we should observe who Mo-mo is speaking with and see if we can tie them together, figure out what he's planning."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #3365
Dalillama

Quote:
"Okay." Ryuki mulls something over in his mind. "Time passes differently in the dream than here, right? It could make a difference. And we'll need a party and a ritual--have you thought about how to do the ritual so it's not obvious to the partygoers?" He attempts to pet Shuck but the hound won't have it. He paces a short way away to call the bank. Judging by the length of the conversation it is not a simple transaction.
"Just find a bar where foreigners hang out, the rowdier the better. One with round tables for preference. Doodling on tablecloths is pretty tame for tourists with a couple drinks in them. As a bonus, there should be plenty of things on hand that might work as a sacrifice to help get Odin's attention, and the glory of it is that pouring booze on the floor and dumping food in the candle lamps is still something that'll be excused for a big enough tip."

He points firmly at Shuck. "Stay. Guard."
Old 01-14-2015, 01:58 AM   #3366
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Just find a bar where foreigners hang out, the rowdier the better. One with round tables for preference. Doodling on tablecloths is pretty tame for tourists with a couple drinks in them. As a bonus, there should be plenty of things on hand that might work as a sacrifice to help get Odin's attention, and the glory of it is that pouring booze on the floor and dumping food in the candle lamps is still something that'll be excused for a big enough tip."

He points firmly at Shuck. "Stay. Guard."
"Summon Odin?" he says, half to himself. "What the hell was I thinking?" He considered telling Glen why spending the money was a bit of a headache, but even with Glen he didn't want to spoil the illusion. "Give me one more phone call, okay?"

He makes a call entirely in Japanese. His tone, for what it's worth, is friendly and warm so he clearly knows the person he called. Glen would hear lots of "Iiieh"s and "Ii desu"s before he's through, but whatever the deal was it leaves him a bit relieved. "Okay, into town to find a basement bar we can trash." He leads Glen towards the outdoor mall they'd just come through.

Shuck will obey, but he's not happy about it. "Stay", not hunt, Guard the male demon, not helpless woman. Best not to be gone too long.

((Dream thread after I've had my dinner.))

((edit--taking a little time to consult lunakitten, who first introduced the peacock-ethereal.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-14-2015 at 02:59 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:16 AM   #3367
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch follows along, keeping an eye out for the peacock colors as they approach the party. As they get closer he leans and murmurers "So, when we arrive I feel we should observe who Mo-mo is speaking with and see if we can tie them together, figure out what he's planning."
Luckily for Mitch, Mo-mo is headed in the same general direction as those shiny peacock feathers. Corat sees no problem with following the demon at a distance, though he keeps a firm hand on Mitch and Sunae, if they'll allow him to. He really doesn't want to get separated in here.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #3368
Dalillama

Quote:
"Summon Odin?" he says, half to himself. "What the hell was I thinking?" He considered telling Glen why spending the money was a bit of a headache, but even with Glen he didn't want to spoil the illusion. "Give me one more phone call, okay?"

He makes a call entirely in Japanese. His tone, for what it's worth, is friendly and warm so he clearly knows the person he called. Glen would hear lots of "Iiieh"s and "Ii desu"s before he's through, but whatever the deal was it leaves him a bit relieved. "Okay, into town to find a basement bar we can trash." He leads Glen towards the outdoor mall they'd just come through.

Shuck will obey, but he's not happy about it. "Stay", not hunt, Guard the male demon, not helpless woman. Best not to be gone too long.
(I thought Sunae was sleeping nearby?)
"May as well go straight to the source for our information, and Odin's a being you can cut a deal with, usually." Glen rubbernecks a bit on the way.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #3369
ladyarcana55

Quote:
(I thought Sunae was sleeping nearby?)
Sunae is sleeping nearby. They didn't have time to grab a room1
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #3370
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae is sleeping nearby. They didn't have time to grab a room1
((That sort of solves the problem of Shuck staying in focus. He'll have no problem at all guarding Sunae. As long as she is sleeping next to the demon, he'll be guarding the demon too. The only issue is when and whether they separate.

Will look at the thread again later today.))

Tags
in nomine