Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
Phantasm

Default [Supers] Stat Wonder Woman

Earlier today, I was half-jokingly asked by someone on IRC when I would be statting Wonder Woman for my Marvel Reboot project. As this was the guy who always tosses out characters from the Distinguished Competition, I filed it under "comically missing the point".

However, then I realized: the Wonder Woman movie is coming up soon. So I decided to figure out a stat sheet for her.

Warning: possible movie spoilers ahead.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] Stat Wonder Woman

WONDER WOMAN

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of Themyscira; legal status in the United States uncertain, possibly legally an illegal immigrant.
Other Aliases: Diana Prince.
Place of Birth: Themyscria.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Hippolyta (mother); Antiope, Penthesilea, Melanippe (aunts, possibly deceased); Heracles (alleged biological father, deceased).
Group Affiliation: Amazons of Themyscira; later ally of the Allied Powers of WWI.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: For Heracles's Ninth Labor, the warrior was asked to obtain the golden girdle worn by Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, for his cousin Eurystheus's daughter, Admete. At first, Hippolyte welcomed Heracles and his companion, Theseus, when they arrived by ship at the Amazon's home city, Themyscira, reportedly located along the northern coast of the Black Sea. Hippolyta was impressed by Heracles and spent the night with him on his ship, while her sister Antiope fell in love with and agreed to marry Theseus. Hera, Queen of the gods and enemy of Heracles, roused the Amazons to anger over this; they attacked the ship, during which Hippolyta was slain (reportedly by Heracles) and Antiope carried off to Athens. This led to a war between the Amazons and Athens, which ended with half the Amazons being killed, including Antiope (many more were killed off during the Trojan War, when Hippolyta's successor as Queen, her other sister Penthesilea, was killed by Achilles during the Sacking of Troy). Following the deaths of their Queens, the Amazons died off.

The goddesses Hera, Athene, Artemis, and Aphrodite, however, later resurrected the Amazons (presumably with Persephone convincing Hades to permit this), resettling them on a remote island which they named after their lost city. However, after resurrecting all of the Amazons, one soul remained: Hippolyta's unborn and heretofore unknown daughter.

Accounts vary as to whether Diana was born to Hippolyta on Themyscira or if she was given a body by shaping clay into the form of an infant and then made flesh. The goddesses all gave the child blessings: Athene gave her great wisdom and tactical sense, Artemis gave her the ability to exceed all mortal men before tiring, and Aphrodite blessed her with supreme grace and beauty. Hera blessed the child with incredible strength, enabling her to become the equal of Heracles.

Diana grew up on Themyscira, which remained separate from what the Amazons called Man's World for almost two and a half millennia. During this time, the Amazons developed their own technology in unique ways, ultimately surpassing the outside world in many respects, all the while retaining their beloved Aegean architecture.

All that changed in 1917. The United States had just entered World War I, and Army Air Corps Captain Steve Trevor was shot down by German planes and washed up on the shore of Themyscira, where the eternally young princess found him. Unlike the other Amazons, Diana had never seen a man before and was curious. However, it was forbidden for any man to set foot on the island, under pain of death. Captain Trevor, however, argued that he was harmless, and that a greater threat loomed on the horizon, one which would have no qualms about destroying the island. To forestall this, the Amazons held games akin to the ancient Olympics to determine which of their number were to accompany Captain Trevor back into Man's World. Although forbidden by her mother to enter the games, Athena gave Diana a helmet which altered her visage and voice enough so that Hippolyta would not recognize her.

Suffice to say, Diana won the games hands down.

Upon discovering that her beloved daughter had tricked her in order to gain entry to the games, yet conceding that she won the games fairly, Hippolyta bid a tearful farewell as Diana accompanied Trevor into Man's World. As parting gifts, Hippolyta gave Diana a sword and shield that had been forged millennia ago in the forges of Olympus by the god Hephaestus, and gave her a golden magical lariat upon which the Amazons' patron goddesses had laid numerous enchantments.

Diana became known as the hero Wonder Woman during World War I, slowly acclimating to Man's World and standing as a beacon of hope for all. During the Great War, she discovered that Hera's brother and husband, Zeus, the king of the gods, had been slain by their son Ares; it was Ares's influence that was responsible for and prolonged the War.
Height: 6'.
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: Metallic red strapless armored corset with gold designs, laminated blue armored miniskirt, gold belt, orichalcum bracers, sandals with metallic red and gold knee-high greaves, golden tiara.
Strength Level: Wonder Woman possesses superhuman strength enabling her to lift (press) up to 800 tons under optimal conditions.
Known Superhuman Powers: In addition to her superhuman strength, Wonder Woman possesses superhuman durability and endurance.
Other Abilities: Diana is a skilled warrior, trained in the ancient Greek and Scythian martial arts, including but not limited to the Greek arts of Pankration, wrestling, spear fighting, and hoplomachia. She is well trained in the use of a shield, bow and arrow, swords, and spears, as well as unarmed combat. Although bullet-resistant, she is able to deflect bullets with her indestructible bracers.
Weapons: Diana carries an orichalcum broadsword and round orichalcum shield. Her primary weapon, however, is her golden lariat of truth, which she can use to compel anyone entangled in it to speak the truth and occasionally do her bidding.

(blasted stat sheet ran over the character limit; stats next page)

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-16-2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 05-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
Phantasm

Wonder Woman

2,611 points
Attributes:

ST 36/1,020 [100]*
DX 15 [100]
IQ 12 [40]
HT 15 [50]

Secondary Characteristics:
Dmg 4d-1/6d+1 (103d/105d)
BL 259 lbs. (208,080 lbs/100 tons).
HP 36 [0]
Will 15 [15]
Per 13 [5]
FP 20 [15]
Basic Speed 8.00 [10]
Basic Move 8 [0]
Dodge 15

Languages:
Ancient Greek (Native) (Native Language [0]
Ancient Scythian (Native Spoken/Illiterate) [3]
English (Accented) [4]

Cultural Familiarities:
Themyscira (Native) [0]

Advantages:
Appearance (Transcendent) [20]
Catfall (Divine, -10%) [9]
Claws (Blunt Claws) [3]
Damage Resistance 100 (No Signature, +20%; Tough Skin, -40%; Divine, -10%)
Enhanced Block 3 [15]
Enhanced Dodge 3 [45]
Enhanced Move (Ground) 2 (Ground Move 32/64 mph) [40]
Enhanced Parry (All Parries) 3[30]
Enhanced Time Sense [45]
Hard to Kill 3 [6]
Hard to Subdue 3 [6]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Immunity to Sickness (Divine, -10%) [14]
Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /100) (Divine, -10%) [270]
Lasso of Truth [305]
– Binding 40 (Extended Duration: Permanent, +150% Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Quick Contest of DX/ST, -30%; Gadget/Unique, -25%; Melee Attack: Reach 1-4, -15%; One-Shot, -10%; Persistent, +40%; Unbreakable, +40%; Magical, -10%) [192]
– Mind Control (Accessibility: Only When Using Binding, -10%; Conditioning, +50%; Extended Duration (×100), +80%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Quick Contest of DX/ST, -30%; Gadget/Unique, -25%; Independent, +70%; Magical, -10%) [113]
Resistant to Poisons (+8) (Divine, -10%) [7]
Super Jump 3 (Divine, -10%) [27]
Super ST +16/+1,000 (Super-Effort, +300%; Divine, -10%) [624]
Super Throw 3 (Divine, -10%) [27]
Trained By A Master [30]
Unaging (Divine, -10%) [14]
Very Fit [15]
Very Rapid Healing [15]
Wealth (Very Wealthy) [30]
Weapon Master (Broadsword and Shield) [25]

Perks:
Courtesy Status 6 [6]
Power Grappling [1]
Style Familiarity (Ancient Greek Boxing) [1]
Style Familiarity (Greco-Roman Wrestling) [1]
Style Familiarity (Heroic Spear Fighting) [1]
Style Familiarity (Hoplomachia) [1]
Style Familiarity (Pankration) [1]
Style Familiarity (Scythian Horseback Combat) [1] (effectively the same as Armatura Equestris)
Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1]

Disadvantages:
Charitable (9) [-22]
Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]
Impulsiveness (12) [-10]
Overconfidence (9) [-7]
Secret Identity (Utter Rejection) [-10]
Social Stigma (Minority Group) [-10]
Stubbornness [-5]
Vow (Chastity) [-10]
Xenophilia [-10]

Quirks:
Devout Believer (Women's Suffrage) [-1]
Dislikes Chauvinistic Men [-1]
Enamored of Steve Trevor [-1]
Expression ("Great Hera!") [-1]
Proud [-1]

Skills:
Acrobatics (H) DX+0 [4] – 15
Bow (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Boxing (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Breaking Blow (H) IQ+2 [12] – 14
Breath Control (H) HT+0 [4] – 15
Broadsword (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Climbing (A) DX+1 [4] – 16
Fast-Draw (Arrow) (E) DX+1 [1] – 16†
Forced Entry (E) DX+0 [1] – 15
Games (Boxing) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14
Games (Pankration) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14
Games (Wrestling) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14
Hiking (A) HT-1 [1] – 14
Hobby Skill (Feats of Strength) (E) DX+3 [8] – 18
Immovable Stance (H) DX+3 [16] – 18
Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 15
Judo (H) DX+5 [24] – 20
Jumping (E) DX+2 [4] – 17
Karate (H) DX+5 [24] – 20
Lasso (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 15
Observation (A) Per+1 [4] – 14
Parry Missile Weapons (H) DX+5 [24] – 20
Power Blow (H) Will+1 [8] – 16
Pressure Points (Human) (H) IQ+2 [12] – 14
Riding (Equines) (A) DX+1 [4] – 16
Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 15
Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12
Shield (E) DX+5 [16] – 20
Shortsword (A) DX+5 [8] – 20‡
Spear (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Staff (A) DX+5 [8] – 20§
Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 15
Tactics (H) IQ+2 [12] – 14
Throwing (A) DX+1 [4] – 16
Thrown Weapon (Spear) (E) DX+5 [16] – 20
Wrestling (A) DX+5 [20] – 20
Wrestling Sport (A) DX+5 [12] – 20#

Techniques:
Acrobatic Stand (A) def+6 [6] – 15

* Includes +16/+1,000 from Super ST.
† Includes +1 from Enhanced Time Sense.
‡ Defaulted from Broadsword.
§ Defaulted from Spear.
# Defaulted from Wrestling.

Role-Playing Notes:
Princess Diana is in all respects a warrior first, princess and hero second. She hasn't yet acclimated to Man's World, and is still making false assumptions, especially about the place of women in the world. She will do what needs to be done to end the fight quickly.

Designer's Notes:
This is my take on the DCCU Wonder Woman when she first arrives in Man's World during WWI, accompanying Steve Trevor back to America after he washed up on shore on the Island of Themyscira. (Not sure if the DCCU has the island in the Aegean, in the Bermuda Triangle like it originally was in the comics, or somewhere else.)

There are likely differences between this and her portrayals in the movies. I kinda mixed and matched many of her past origins along with a dose of classical myth.

(Not bad for a three hour char-genning binge.)

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-22-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #4
dataweaver

She ought to have Precognitive Parry, given how she has been known to intercept bullets with her bracelets.

My favorite take on the Amazons in general and Wonder Woman in particular involves “Amazon Training”, which is basically Trained By a Master and a set of Chi Abilities and Skills that enhance mobility and power: she may have some Super Strength; but a lot of her feats of strength are in fact Power Blow and the like, and the rest have the Chi Power Modifier rather than a generic Super Power Modifier.

Well, maybe not quite the rest; some of what she can do is Divine in nature — as in, as long as she doesn't tick off her Divine patrons, she gets to keep their blessings.

Last edited by dataweaver; 05-23-2017 at 02:22 AM.
dataweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:10 AM   #5
whswhs

Many years ago, when I ran a Mage: The Ascension campaign set in Hong Kong, I had the PCs hear legends of a hero of time Japanese invasion who turned out to belong to the Akashic Brotherhood: Princess Chan, last heir of the Imperial dynasty, raised in a hidden monastery where she became enlightened. Her name was an arcane pun: chan is the Chinese pronunciation of the Sanskrit word for meditative states, dhyana. The PCs ended up on a quest for her enchanted wristbands that could deflect any attack, even bullets, and for the artifacts left by her four comrades; a gun that fired sleep gas, a blonde wig that granted powers of disguise, a lantern that had powers against demons, and a strangely contorted rock.

I thought having her abilities come from martial arts training was quite fitting. The versions where Amazon powers come from incredibly advanced training have always appealed to me.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:32 AM   #6
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
She ought to have Precognitive Party
I know it's rude to point out typos, but that one is too good to pass up.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #7
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
That would make for an awesome Perk especially for a low level psychic playboy. They know exactly where and when parties will break out.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:26 AM   #8
dataweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Darn auto-spellcheck… Can we get back to the topic, please?

To clarify my point a bit more: early in Wonder Woman's development, it was stated (paraphrasing) that any woman could do what she could do, given proper training, and that her superhuman feats were achieved by channeling “mental energy” through her limbs. Sounds like Trained By a Master to me…

Last edited by dataweaver; 05-23-2017 at 02:34 AM.
dataweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:33 AM   #9
Phantasm

I didn't add Precognitive Parry because the description for Parry Missile Weapons says that you can parry bullets if you also have Enhanced Time Sense, which she has. (She also already has TBaM, so if any chi-based feat you can think of that I haven't already covered are viable additions.)

I should probably have added a Parry Bullets Technique to buy off the inherent -5 penalty for that feat. Calculating a PMW Parry of 17 (20/2+3+1 (ETS)+3(Enh P)), we should add:

Parry Bullets (Parry Missile Weapons Parry) (H) def+5 [6] - 17

to the sheet.

I'm curious as to other takes on her.

Not sure if the movie version has points in Knot-Tying like her Golden, Silver, Bronze, and Iron Age versions do.... o/`

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-23-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 AM   #10
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

In the comic book run (starting with War), she was the daughter of Zeus himself. Are they not doing that, then?
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
superhero, supers, wonder woman