Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
bafleyanne

Default Adventure Time: Illusion + Mate + Flame King

Playing this afternoon, we encountered the following situation and I wanted to see if there was an official rule on it!

Player A was fighting Me-Mow when Player B (me) played a Wandering Monster card to bring the Flame King into the battle, and then played Mate to make a copy of Flame King. Player A used Illusion to turn Flame King into a different monster, and we couldn't figure out if this would also turn the Mate into that same monster or if the Mate would remain a Flame King. We ultimately decided it would change into the new monster, but I would love an official ruling for next time! (Incidentally, he won the game. I think Adventure Time may well be my favorite Munchkin--it is so much fun to play!)
bafleyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
Enzzo

Default Re: Adventure Time: Illusion + Mate + Flame King

You played it right :)

The official ruling is below :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post

Mate creates a separate Monster which actively duplicates the original. Illusion, the last card you referred to, can be played on either the original or the Mate (since they are both separate Monsters, regardless of the link). If you replace the original Monster, the Mate duplicates the new Monster.
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote