Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #1
Kymage

Default IST Supers for 4th Edition

I know this has been addressed somewhere before, but my search for the thread has been unsuccessful.

Can anyone point me to the website/thread where there is talk about updating GURPS IST to GURPS fourth edition and also taking it up through the modern day? I know there is an E23 product, but I recall there was a website somewhere that really went beyond what was in the E23 product.
Kymage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
JMason

Default Re: IST Supers for 4th Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymage View Post
I know this has been addressed somewhere before, but my search for the thread has been unsuccessful.

Can anyone point me to the website/thread where there is talk about updating GURPS IST to GURPS fourth edition and also taking it up through the modern day? I know there is an E23 product, but I recall there was a website somewhere that really went beyond what was in the E23 product.
I don't know about a thread ... but there is this:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...rlds-i-dot-s-t
Old 08-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
Kymage

Not quite what I was looking for. I recall that the designer somewhere had an outline of his plans for the expansion/continuation of IST through the modern day. I believe it is not on the forum but I remember people talking about it here. One thing I remember is there was a table of contents of the expansion.

Last edited by Kymage; 08-10-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #4
LoneWolf23k

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMason View Post
I don't know about a thread ... but there is this:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...rlds-i-dot-s-t
That's basically just an introduction to the setting, however. And even then, it basically got "rebooted" from the original version to better fit into the Infinite Worlds meta-setting. The original version of IST had a much more "Static" reality and timeline, was much more self-contained, and more "grounded" then the 4-color superhero setting implied by this sourcebook's text.

Although the text also hints that this world did basically undergo a major reality shift on January 1, 2000, which tells me that this is still basically Krypton, as it was labeled in the old Pyramid magazine's "Banestorming Infinity Unlimited", but after a Big "Crisis Event" altered the timeline.

Which means, for the purposes of converting 3E characters to 4th Edition, that anything goes, really. You can take the characters as they were written up and convert them almost exactly, or just make minor tweaks to make the character work better, or even take the concept and rebuild it entirely.

For some examples:
-Basic Conversion: The Fox [From GURPS Classic: Supers, p 112] can easily be rebuilt with the Nightstalker template [from GURPS Supers, p 49], focusing on swordplay for his combat skills.
-Tweak Conversion: Argurous Astraph [Classic: I.S.T., p 101], should now be built with an Alternate Form containing all her powers.
-Reimagining the Concept: Voltmaster, [from GURPS Classic: Super Scum], for all his name implies, only has an electric touch (along with an infinite lifespan), and mostly relies on gadgetry. I'd rebuild him with full fledged Electrokinetic powers, or maybe a self-powered battlesuit, and tie his Immortality to a need to "recharge" with electricity from time to time.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Refplace

Quote:

The latest from he W23 spec thread on the subject.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...18&postcount=3
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #6
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:

It's on the author's own forums. I'll give you a link on the understanding that Bob is planning on changing forum providers in the near future (possibly before Labor Day, definitely before Christmas) and thus the link won't be valid after the move:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/drun...st-supers-f19/
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
Kymage

That's what I recalled seeing in the past and was looking for. Thank You.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #8
robkelk
Untitled

As promised above, the forums have moved.

You can now find the IST threads at http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/foru...lay.php?fid=20
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps ist, international super teams, supers