Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 AM   #4231
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
As Sunae approached the two men with Ryuki by her side, the looks of intimidation were replaced by smiles. They visibly relaxed as Sunae and Ryuki drew near.

"Hey Sunny!"

Sunae growled and clenched her fists, "You know how much I hate that."

They laughed. One put up his hands while the other took out a set of keys from his packet and jangled them, "Yeah, but we know you'll let us get away with it."

Sunae looked at the keys and her eyes started to shine. "I heard the Pierce had been trashed!"

"Yeah, but we fixed her up."

Sunae reached forward to take the keys, but before she could touch them, they were pulled away.

"Ah ah aah. You know the rules. You gotta change into an appropriate outfit, then you can sit in the cars."

His partner nods inside, "Ruby's inside waiting."

They look at the rest of the team curiously, "They with you?"

"Yes," Sunae answered as she handed the doormen a twenty dollar bill. She motioned to Ryuki, "He's got everyone else's admission."

Then she looks at Ryuki, "Hurry up."

Sunae is visibly excited and getting very impatient
So I have to play passive--no, slightly henpecked and slightly dim. Nobody said this job was easy. I'll have to ask for a raise... he thought, leading to other thoughts rising up from childhood lessons at his father's knee. Focus on the task at hand, see everything.

On the outside, he calmly pulled out his wallet and counted out a small stack of twenties, his face blank as a mask, another talent learned at his father's knee. He gave the doormen a blank and slightly inane smile just to be polite and then rushed just a little to join Sunae. "I could use a snack. How about you guys?"

Corat will give a nudge to Cameron, Glen, and Mitch to get inside.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #4232
ladyarcana55

Sunae stopped and waited for Ryuki to catch up to her before giving him a kiss. She held his face and said to him in a contrite voice,

"I'm sorry, I know I said I'd be good but this is just too important to me. Please try to understand!"

Sunae began to look around anxiously. The group could see and feel her excitement, it was like watching a young girl on Christmas Day. Then her eyes widened and she smiled.

"Oh!"

Sunae rushed towards a group of dancers on podiums, expertly weaving her way through the mass of bodies writhing to the music.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #4233
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae stopped and waited for Ryuki to catch up to her before giving him a kiss. She held his face and said to him in a contrite voice,

"I'm sorry, I know I said I'd be good but this is just too important to me. Please try to understand!"

Sunae began to look around anxiously. The group could see and feel her excitement, it was like watching a young girl on Christmas Day. Then her eyes widened and she smiled.

"Oh!"

Sunae rushed towards a group of dancers on podiums, expertly weaving her way through the mass of bodies writhing to the music.
Ryuki licked his lips, remembering the taste of her, and hoped his face projected the thoughts of a besotted man who doesn't really understand women. It wasn't that...difficult. He was, at this moment, happy he'd worn comfortable clothes.

Corat patted him on the shoulder. "You two prepare to make a spectacle of yourselves. We'll go look for the wayward biker."
Old 06-03-2017, 10:41 PM   #4234
ladyarcana55

Sunae rushed towards one of the girls. Though she hated the song and dance required of her, she was very eager to look at the cars, especially the vintage cars. She only ever gets to indulge once a year so she tries to make the most of it.

Ruby, a very beautiful and petite young woman of Asian and European origins, jumped down from the podium and gave her a big hug.

"Sunny!"

They held the hug for a while before she grabbed Sunae's hand and dragged her to the back. When Sunae came back to the front about 30 minutes later, she looked completely different. She wore a backless dress with a short skirt and heels. They had covered the tattoos on Sunae's legs and chest. The girls also made sure to accent Sunae's muscles and her back piece. Her hair and makeup looked amazing.

She approaches Ryuki with a perturbed look on her face

"Don't you dare laugh at me."
Old 06-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #4235
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae rushed towards one of the girls. Though she hated the song and dance required of her, she was very eager to look at the cars, especially the vintage cars. She only ever gets to indulge once a year so she tries to make the most of it.

Ruby, a very beautiful and petite young woman of Asian and European origins, jumped down from the podium and gave her a big hug.

"Sunny!"

They held the hug for a while before she grabbed Sunae's hand and dragged her to the back. When Sunae came back to the front about 30 minutes later, she looked completely different. She wore a backless dress with a short skirt and heels. They had covered the tattoos on Sunae's legs and chest. The girls also made sure to accent Sunae's muscles and her back piece. Her hair and makeup looked amazing.

She approaches Ryuki with a perturbed look on her face

"Don't you dare laugh at me."
"Who's laughing?" His smile is like a hungry shark circling a particularly tasty seal. "What I want to know is..." he literally circles her, getting as close to nose-to-nose as he possibly can "...when we need the big bang boom distraction, what do you plan to do?"

And yet something or someone has caught his eye over her shoulder, as he breaks eye contact with her for just a second.

Mitch will definitely notice the fellow-angel who has caught his eye, Glen might notice him, and Cameron likely will not. He's slightly geeky for this crowd, not glaringly out of place but a tiny bit too clean and meek. He bears a passing resemblance to a younger Giovanni Ribisi. picture

Corat seems inclined to ignore him.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #4236
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Who's laughing?" His smile is like a hungry shark circling a particularly tasty seal. "What I want to know is..." he literally circles her, getting as close to nose-to-nose as he possibly can "...when we need the big bang boom distraction, what do you plan to do?"
Sunae looks at Ryuki in obvious surprise. She has never seen him like this before and she isn't sure what to make of it. He is much more confident and stronger than she has seen before and that catches her off guard.

"When? I have no idea. I was counting on you to figure it out. As for what I plan to do, I don't have one. I was just going to play it by ear."

Quote:
And yet something or someone has caught his eye over her shoulder, as he breaks eye contact with her for just a second.
Sunae follows his gaze. This stranger is sorely out of place here, but she doesn't get any sense of a threat from him. She makes note of him then returns to her business at hand.

"I have to explain something. I love cars, especially vintage cars. But luxuries like that are seen as unnecessary distractions, and so we are forbidden to interact with them. We can learn about them, we just can't own them. However, we are allowed one day out of the year to indulge in those distractions as a reward for our devotions and service throughout the year. So really, this is the only time I ever get to see them, touch them, or sit in them. That's why I am so anxious to get over to the show cars. With this task still incomplete, I don't know how much time I have tonight."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-15-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #4237
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Sunae looks at Ryuki in obvious surprise. She has never seen him like this before and she isn't sure what to make of it. He is much more confident and stronger than she has seen before and that catches her off guard.

"When? I have no idea. I was counting on you to figure it out. As for what I plan to do, I don't have one. I was just going to play it by ear."

Sunae follows his gaze. This stranger is sorely out of place here, but she doesn't get any sense of a threat from him. She makes note of him then returns to her business at hand.

"I have to explain something. I love cars, especially vintage cars. But luxuries like that are seen as unnecessary distractions, and so we are forbidden to interact with them. We can learn about them, we just can't own them. However, we are allowed one day out of the year to indulge in those distractions as a reward for our devotions and service throughout the year. So really, this is the only time I ever get to see them, touch them, or sit in them. That's why I am so anxious to get over to the show cars. With this task still incomplete, I don't know how much time I have tonight."
((Excuse the punt--I'm at work))

"Focus. I need you to focus." He's talking to himself as much as to her. "We are here for work, so whatever your one day is, it starts after we get the job done." He paused a minute, bit his lip, and let his body sway with hers to maintain the look that he was merely dancing with her. "One day a year...you probably can't race these things very well. Okay. More than one way to make noise. When I give you the signal, get to a car with a wicked sound system, say like that one," he indicates a car with a modified oversized trunk, gambling that those are woofers in there and not a tank full of jet fuel, "and crank that puppy up. Stolen thunder..." His eyes glaze, and he reaches towards her arm, to gently stroke a scar he sees there. It pulled him back, just a little. "I'll go deal with angel-boy there and then try to bring the action here." A deep breath, an averting of the eyes. "Devichiy, devichiy...," he says softly to no one in particular.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #4238
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Focus. I need you to focus." He's talking to himself as much as to her. "We are here for work, so whatever your one day is, it starts after we get the job done."
"No, it started at sun up. Problem is, the car events are at night so that limits me considerably. But don't worry about that. If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be."

One can't be sure what she is referring to when she says that.

Quote:
He paused a minute, bit his lip, and let his body sway with hers to maintain the look that he was merely dancing with her. "One day a year...you probably can't race these things very well. Okay. More than one way to make noise. When I give you the signal, get to a car with a wicked sound system, say like that one," he indicates a car with a modified oversized trunk, gambling that those are woofers in there and not a tank full of jet fuel, "and crank that puppy up. Stolen thunder..." His eyes glaze, and he reaches towards her arm, to gently stroke a scar he sees there. It pulled him back, just a little. "I'll go deal with angel-boy there and then try to bring the action here."
Her body sways with his

"Race them? Are you kidding me? I don't know how to drive. That's why I only sit in them."

Quote:
A deep breath, an averting of the eyes. "Devichiy, devichiy...," he says softly to no one in particular.
"What?"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 06-19-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #4239
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"No, it started at sun up. Problem is, the car events are at night so that limits me considerably. But don't worry about that. If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be."

One can't be sure what she is referring to when she says that.
Well, that was the proper dose of cold water. His mind race to put that piece into the puzzle and come up with a plan for today that would take that into account, plus a plan for tomorrow that would make that less of a problem on the day after. All those plans helped even more than thinking about the scars, which after all were attached to her mostly naked skin.

Quote:
Her body sways with his

"Race them? Are you kidding me? I don't know how to drive. That's why I only sit in them."

..."What?"
"It means focus, that's all. And I need your focus on the task at hand, so I'm going to fold that task into what's fun anyway. Put your phone on vibrate," he slid a hand down to where her pants pocket should be, grinning, "and wait for my call. When you get it, make some noise. Get the girls here to help you. Blow something up if that helps. Steal the god's thunder." He took a quick look around and figured he'd gathered some unwanted jealousy. "Now push me like a spurned lover."

Corat tried briefly to chat up the other angel in their midst, but it was clear he was focused on Ryuki, making only the smallest of small talk. Must be that Judge guy. He hoped Mitch wasn't listening to closely to...well, just about anybody. People indulging in displays like that tended to lie a lot.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-28-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #4240
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"It means focus, that's all. And I need your focus on the task at hand, so I'm going to fold that task into what's fun anyway. Put your phone on vibrate," he slid a hand down to where her pants pocket should be, grinning, "and wait for my call. When you get it, make some noise. Get the girls here to help you. Blow something up if that helps. Steal the god's thunder." He took a quick look around and figured he'd gathered some unwanted jealousy. "Now push me like a spurned lover."
"I have a better idea."

She pulls him close and gives him a deep, passionate kiss. She runs her fingers along his shoulder and strokes his cheek before pushing him away. She gives him a teasing smile and runs off laughing.

Sunae runs to a group of girls who welcome her with squeals of excitement as they hug. Then they start to dance to the music. She only has until sun up so Sunae enjoys it while she can. She loses herself to the music and indulges in her short period of freedom. At this moment she is a different person. Call her what you like, but right now she is no Soldier. Right now she is a young woman enjoying a party with her friends.

At least, until that phone rings.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 07-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Tags
in nomine