Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #3331
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Alright, that settles it." Corat takes the reins, so to speak. "Ryuki and Glen--the Ethereals only know me and Mitch, so you can go into the dream and follow Mo-mo around. Sunae you go with them; you were a hawk last time so they won't know you either. Kane should accompany you...Ryuki, where'd you put Kane's voice?"

"Me?"

"Mitch and I can keep this guy's body here. Glen, could you leave the hound with us, or will he mind? We'll find out who Mo-mo's connected to and then we'll work on getting back to L.A."

"Passports should be on the way."

"I was hoping for something quicker than that."

"That would be rude. I asked the Seneschal about passports..." Ryuki's look to Mitch is a plea to sort this part out.
Mich looks thoughtful "I check and see if we have any Trade contacts in the American Embassy who can speed things up on the passport side of things."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:06 AM   #3332
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"No, the last time I was there the Asgardians saw me as a hawk. I went to the party to help rescue our wayward Soldier and the people at the party saw me and there is a chance Misrule saw me as well. Also, don't forget the Loa and the Greek pantheons."
"Forgive me," Corat is almost courtly in his apology. "Take it as a compliment on your restraint that day, that I forgot. Or on my distractable mind--I'll leave that to you to decide. But that means only one of us is unknown on that side, and--no offense Ryuki--he's not going to be safe in there."

"I've been studying with the Dylans but I know I'm not good at it."

((PM Glen: Apparently they all suck at lucid dreaming, because if they didn't they'd know you can change your shape rather easily in the Marches. Sure, the perceptive will see through the shapes but only if they're looking. Glen, with his Dreaming skill at all of 2, is actually the expert here. ))
Old 12-18-2014, 03:15 AM   #3333
tHEhERETIC

Meanwhile, back in Los Angeles...

Tishbite had a problem. Tussling with a very persistent (is there another kind?) Malakite had taken a toll on him, sure, but it had taken a toll on his three electronic companions. And this was bad, very very bad. New in this town he had few contacts, so he asked a guy who knew a guy who'd kind of heard of this gal who could fix unusual electronics. It was the best he was going to do.

He pulled the poor little Corolla onto a cul-de-sac and gingerly removed the TV shell from Ty's computer. Well, the remains of it anyway. Slamming around inside the car had smashed a corner in, and it was only the fact that the TV was a disguise that Ty's prison had survived at all. Gol was going to need a new shell too, though Sander's could probably be fixed with large amounts of duct tape. But Ty...the 180 in the car had cut past the old TV shell and damaged some of the computer's components. This, a computer from Hell, would require an unusual talent to fix.

An hour later Tishbite pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door. He made sure he looked reasonably presentable before ringing the bell.

(The guy at Cameron's door: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ts/pursuer.jpg)

((This is Cameron's place of business--chumley1013 I'll let you decide whether it is also her home.))
Old 12-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #3334
chumley1013

This house was the most non-remarkable in the cul-de-sac. While the yard was maintained, it was not flashy. No car parked in it's driveway, no signs of anyone home until one approached the door.....

Where one's auditory sense would be assaulted by synthetic basslines and other random bleeps and bloops.

As Tishbite approached and rung the bell, the front door opened slightly, and a woman in her late-Twenties regarded him (She looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps58d43ef1.jpg), her dark hair mussed as if she might have been sleeping.

She put a cigarette to her lips and lit it, taking a drag before asking, "Can I help you?"
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #3335
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
This house was the most non-remarkable in the cul-de-sac. While the yard was maintained, it was not flashy. No car parked in it's driveway, no signs of anyone home until one approached the door.....

Where one's auditory sense would be assaulted by synthetic basslines and other random bleeps and bloops.

As Tishbite approached and rung the bell, the front door opened slightly, and a woman in her late-Twenties regarded him (She looks like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps58d43ef1.jpg), her dark hair mussed as if she might have been sleeping.

She put a cigarette to her lips and lit it, taking a drag before asking, "Can I help you?"
"Yeah. I have a unique old computer that needs repaired, and somebody told me you could do it. Is that right?" He smiles warmly. Slightly better than average looking, sure, but a very nice guy. He must know some trustworthy people to get this address.

"My name is Thomas White. You must be Cameron." He extends a handshake, unbothered by the cigarette and downright liking the sonic assault. Cool people.

((He's used Charm on Cameron to ingratiate himself with her. You both rolled the same amount but his Will is a lot higher.))
Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #3336
chumley1013

Quote:
"Yeah. I have a unique old computer that needs repaired, and somebody told me you could do it. Is that right?" He smiles warmly. Slightly better than average looking, sure, but a very nice guy. He must know some trustworthy people to get this address.

"My name is Thomas White. You must be Cameron." He extends a handshake, unbothered by the cigarette and downright liking the sonic assault. Cool people.
Cameron took his hand, offering a firm shake. "I am. Come in, Mr. White. Would you like some coffee?"

The front room of the house looked like a typical living room. Large Flat Panel TV, game console, stereo system. A modest collection of game cases lay strewn about the coffee table. She clears a spot on the couch, then the armchair. After turning down the music to a much tolerable level, she sits, clad in pajama pants featuring Ninja Turtles and a T-shirt advertising 'Loki Charms'.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:14 AM   #3337
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron took his hand, offering a firm shake. "I am. Come in, Mr. White. Would you like some coffee?"

The front room of the house looked like a typical living room. Large Flat Panel TV, game console, stereo system. A modest collection of game cases lay strewn about the coffee table. She clears a spot on the couch, then the armchair. After turning down the music to a much tolerable level, she sits, clad in pajama pants featuring Ninja Turtles and a T-shirt advertising 'Loki Charms'.
"Thomas White" eyed the room with a practiced eye, agrees to the coffee, and then sits down. "I got in a fender bender last night while I was transporting a computer of mine. Custom piece, I built it myself and could readily fix it myself if I could get at my tools, but I can't. They're abroad, and I'm here, and I'm afraid if I don't fix the thing right away it could get broken altogether on a speed bump. I'm hoping you can help me out on this."
Old 12-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #3338
Dalillama

Quote:
"I think that no matter how you see it, in the end it's an attack on Heaven. The Ethereals don't trust Heaven or the Angels, but there are a few groups that have broken away from Hell. That weakens Hell. If they can find a way to get the Ethereals to return to the fold, so to speak, then that will solve that. What better way than to convince them Heaven is still hostile to them? And what better group to run to than the one who took down one of Heaven's major Tethers? That was a show of strength on the attackers' part and a show of weakness on ours."
"Arrogant much? Did it never occur to you that this could be simply a factional fight among demons? Your side's not immune to those from what I've seen, why would theirs be?"
Quote:

"Mitch and I can keep this guy's body here. Glen, could you leave the hound with us, or will he mind? We'll find out who Mo-mo's connected to and then we'll work on getting back to L.A."
"I can tell him to guard this jerk, he should follow where you take the body; I wouldn't count on him obeying any of you, though."

Quote:
"No, the last time I was there the Asgardians saw me as a hawk. I went to the party to help rescue our wayward Soldier and the people at the party saw me and there is a chance Misrule saw me as well. Also, don't forget the Loa and the Greek pantheons."
"So change your blasted face again; maybe you could go as a goose this time."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #3339
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Arrogant much? Did it never occur to you that this could be simply a factional fight among demons? Your side's not immune to those from what I've seen, why would theirs be?"
"It doesn't quite make sense. But until we get more information, it's all conjecture."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"So change your blasted face again; maybe you could go as a goose this time."
"I didn't say I was worried about it. I'm just refreshing his memory. I don't really care if anyone recognizes me, let's agree on a course of action and go."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #3340
Dalillama

Quote:

"I didn't say I was worried about it. I'm just refreshing his memory. I don't really care if anyone recognizes me, let's agree on a course of action and go."
"Well, these maniacs have just drafted me for a suicidal reconnaisance into enemy territory; you can come along or stay with the sleeping demon."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine