Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
FlamingNova

Default Mixing sets with different card backs.

How can I do this? I really want to buy munchkin apocalypse, and I already own Legends. I would love to mix these two and have a Legendary Apocalypse adevnture. However, Legends has the classic card backs and Apocalypse has unique card backs. Does this just not bother anyone else? Because it doesn't seem as simple as just mixing the two decks together. We could plainly see when a Legends, or Apocalypse card was coming in either deck.
FlamingNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
cartmanbeck

Default Re: Mixing sets with different card backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingNova View Post
How can I do this? I really want to buy munchkin apocalypse, and I already own Legends. I would love to mix these two and have a Legendary Apocalypse adevnture. However, Legends has the classic card backs and Apocalypse has unique card backs. Does this just not bother anyone else? Because it doesn't seem as simple as just mixing the two decks together. We could plainly see when a Legends, or Apocalypse card was coming in either deck.
You just try not to pay attention to which card is coming next. Or you build it into the strategy of the game... if you see that there's an apocalypse Treasure coming next, and you have an Apocalypse class, you might try a little harder to get that Treasure.

Alternately, buy card sleeves which are opaque on one side, and sleeve them all.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
sjur

I just play with the backs visible. It is really fun for Space/Booty. Sleeves get expensive, although nice, if I had a couple thousand of them laying around I probably would put them in, but I don't.
sjur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Mister Ed

Given how many cards are in the base sets, just knowing what set a card is from doesn't seem like super valuable information to me. We just mix the decks together and play.

I've heard of people having the idea of keeping the decks separate, and then flipping a coin or something to decide which to draw from at any given time, but that always seemed like too much trouble to me (though it does have the advantage of saving the time it takes to separate the decks when you're done).
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, backs, legends, mix, mixing