Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #51
adm

Default Re: Battlefield ship date?

In my experience for residential deliveries, UPS gives consistently better service, simply because they do not differentiate between home and business deliveries. FedEx concentrates on business deliveries, and often gives better service than UPS for such deliveries, and residential deliveries are often treated as an after thought.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #52
adm

My copy is now here and, I never got a shipping notification. In case you are keeping track of this.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #53
Mallen the dark

Nether did I.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #54
TheAmishStig

That's reassuring, from both of you; no box or tracking number here yet. I've been more than a little "Come one, where is it" anxious the past week or so, and figure I'll give it to this time next week until I start worrying in earnest.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 08-14-2019, 08:37 AM   #55
Buzzardo

Today (14 August), I got an email telling me that my order had shipped. It was delivered on 2 August. That's absurd.

Edit: The tracking site says it was delivered on the 2nd. It was delivered on the 5th. More absurdity.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?

Last edited by Buzzardo; 08-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #56
jfleisher

I just got a shipping email too, I’ve had mine since last week.

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com

Last edited by jfleisher; 08-14-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #57
offsides

Allow me to join the club - I was rather confused to see a shipping notice in my inbox this morning given how long I've had my box... :)
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 08-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #58
Deimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Today (14 August), I got an email telling me that my order had shipped. It was delivered on 2 August. That's absurd.
Same here. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was absurd, maybe rather silly, but it certainly wasn't useful.

I appreciate the effort by the SJG staff to get the shipping notices out, but, for many of us, it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Although, I must admit, this is the first time I've had an issue with a shipment notification for something from them, and I've participated in every Ogre KS, including ODE, and ordering items from Warehouse 23 .
Old 08-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #59
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Same here. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was absurd, maybe rather silly, but it certainly wasn't useful.

I appreciate the effort by the SJG staff to get the shipping notices out, but, for many of us, it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Although, I must admit, this is the first time I've had an issue with a shipment notification for something from them, and I've participated in every Ogre KS, including ODE, and ordering items from Warehouse 23 .
I've been trying to stay on top of the updates and comments and things...mayhaps I can shed some light.

Darryll came down with something at / after GenCon, which is a pretty solid argument for Con Crud...with him not firing on all eight, the "a real live human being has to put tracking info into Backerkit" part of the tracking number process fell behind.

A batch of tracking numbers went out this morning to help them identify who was still waiting...by doing it, they now know there are 134 domestic backers waiting for a pallet of goods that decided to play hide and seek, and exactly what was on that pallet...the good news is the fulfillment staff found them this morning, so we won't have to wait for replacements sent from Texas; shipping as resumed.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 08-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #60
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
A batch of tracking numbers went out this morning to help them identify who was still waiting...by doing it, they now know there are 134 domestic backers waiting for a pallet of goods that decided to play hide and seek, and exactly what was on that pallet...the good news is the fulfillment staff found them this morning, so we won't have to wait for replacements sent from Texas; shipping as resumed.
having been the "victim" (if that's the right word) of shipping after goods delivered before, this didn't bother me at all. My initial thought was actually "I hope they didn't goof and send me another copy" because that's happened before, too and I still feel bad about the "hit" on them for it happening (I offered to send it back, they said keep it). On the plus side, that ended up being a giveaway at my FLGS, so someone else ended up with a copy of Ogre that otherwise wouldn't have had it. :-)
Closed Thread