Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 09-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #21
rknop

Default Re: Printing cardboard heroes

A big set of cardboard heroes on heavy cardstock designed to go with bases is something that I would be interested in, and would definitely consider backing on Kickstarter.

(Esp. if we also get PDFs, for selecting additional individual ones to print out and do the work on ourself. Of course, I already have a PDF of the old Cardboard Heroes, so that is really already covered.)
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #22
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
No plans. Is this something you would support if we took the idea of a Cardboard Heroes box to Kickstarter?
Yes, especially if there were PDFs.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #23
Rasputin

Quote:
No plans. Is this something you would support if we took the idea of a Cardboard Heroes box to Kickstarter?
Count me in too. These are sturdy. The lure of cheap, tough minis is strong. Let me put it all this way: I own the Pathfinder Bestiary Box, which is pretty much thick Cardboard Heroes for Pathfinder. I own no other Pathfinder products.

This could be a gateway product for the DFRPG, too. Have a set of Cardboard Heroes for all the monsters in the boxed set. Make a second Companion and have 48 pages for more monsters; I figure that's about another 75 monsters. Have half be classics and the second half be DFRPG-/GURPS Dungeon Fantasy-specific. Make a Cardboard Heroes set for Companion 2 as well. The classics would lure in new players, and the new ones would work as advertising for the DFRPG.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #24
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
I already answered this elsewhere, but in case others didn't see it I'm going to answer it here. I like the idea of more Cardboard Heroes, but not if they are just a reprint of the existing Cardboard Heroes in cardstock cutout format. I already have both big sets of existing CH (Fantasy & Modern), plus a number of additional sheets (from the various GURPS Traveller sets, the Horror GM Screen, and a couple other places), so just recycling the old artwork doesn't really get me interested.

OTOH, having some value-added content, such as some new CH, or a DFRPG Bestiary with matching figures, or possibly some other idea for value-added content that hasn't been floated yet - that would be enough to grab my attention.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 09-24-2017 at 01:03 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #25
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

This could be a gateway product for the DFRPG, too. The classics would lure in new players, and the new ones would work as advertising for the DFRPG.
Not sure how much a Gateway product it would be but I do see it as a way to get physical product on store shelves. But to move they need to look really good and hit a mix of generic (useful for different games) and original neat stuff.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #26
Gnomasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
OTOH, having some value-added content, such as some new CH, or a DFRPG Bestiary with matching figures, or possibly some other idea for value-added content that hasn't been floated yet - that would be enough to grab my attention.
I wonder how much more expensive it would be to print on a transparent plastic (so it's just as sturdy as rectangle-shaped card-stock, but without the white frame). I know printing white is not so common, but maybe affordable on large enough scale?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #27
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
I wonder how much more expensive it would be to print on a transparent plastic (so it's just as sturdy as rectangle-shaped card-stock, but without the white frame). I know printing white is not so common, but maybe affordable on large enough scale?
Arcknight makes a product exactly like that. They look quite nice, and are not crazy expensive but are likely considerably more expensive than printing on cardstock. (62-piece sets sell for $30; a 310 bundle set sells for $120).
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 09-24-2017 at 04:03 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:58 AM   #28
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

I really would like figures for all the monsters in the set, not just the adventure, and figures for the pregens in Delvers to Go would be nice as well. I would probably back this if it is within my budget.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #29
zuljita

I'd be interested in a printed kickstarter for this.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #30
Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I really would like figures for all the monsters in the set, not just the adventure, and figures for the pregens in Delvers to Go would be nice as well. I would probably back this if it is within my budget.
I'd back this as well. I'd actually like multiple figures for the monsters in the base set.
Ulairi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardboard heroes, dungeon fantasy, print on demand