Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #19
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Advice for What Car Wars Products to Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncrush View Post
Honestly, even Boat Wars is gimmicky. Other than the fact that they maneuver differently, you're basically still just playing Car Wars, only typically without any barriers to weapons fire, so it's actually worse.

Hovercraft actually do something different, so that's cool.
To get back on topic, I think both the US and Russia/Soviets use (or used) hovercraft for amphibious assaults. The USMC has the LCAC, and Soviets have a real monstrosity that nearly the size of a small ocean liner for the same purpose. So from that standpoint, some PCs coming across one in a coastal campaign or something, I can see rules for them.

And I guess it was inevitable that rules for tanks, jet fighters, and whatever else would eventually get published. I guess I'm still kind of locked into the perspective of CW being that new game about a post-apoc USA or whatever country, and people slap weapons on cars for survival. Kind of like a slightly higher tech Mad Max kind of thing.

Just me.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote