Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
DoctorRomulus

Default Dungeon Fantasy World Setting

Are there any plans for an official or semi-official world setting for Dungeon Fantasy , ala Mystara /Greyhawk?

GURPS IS..."undead-cyborg-undead-dragon-cyborg-riders... and their werewolf allies carrying plasma rifles while riding in aircars"
DoctorRomulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy World Setting

Nothing has been announced. Of course, nothing has been announced as of yet for any more follow-up content for the DFRPG beyond the already-published traps, weapons, and second adventure books. At a guess, they're waiting to see how this stuff does before they make further plans.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
evileeyore
Banned

Setting books don't seem to do very for GURPS... so not sure we'll ever see one?
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
Imbicatus

Which is too bad. Some of my favorite setting books of any game system were the old GURPs 3rd edition ones.

Personally, I’m going to be running my DFRPG game in Golarion, and will be converting the Curse of the Crimson throne AP to the DFRPG rules.
Imbicatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbicatus View Post
Which is too bad. Some of my favorite setting books of any game system were the old GURPs 3rd edition ones.
Which settings are you referring to? While there were a few cool original settings (Technomancer) or fun reads (Fanatasy 2), most were either licensed or historical. Regardless, using a 3e setting for 4e isn't that difficult. They don't tend to be very crunchy.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #6
Imbicatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Which settings are you referring to? While there were a few cool original settings (Technomancer) or fun reads (Fanatasy 2), most were either licensed or historical. Regardless, using a 3e setting for 4e isn't that difficult. They don't tend to be very crunchy.
Yrth, The Mad Lands in Fantasy 2, Celtic Myth, Arabian Knights, Cthulhupunk, and Voodoo: The Shadow War we’re my favorites.
Imbicatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
LoneWolf23k

With a lot of tinkering, the world of Thaumatology: Alchemical Baroque could be re-jiggered into a TL4-5 Dungeon Fantasy setting.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
SteamBub

A campaign setting I want to use in the future is The Qanat Pirates of Old Than, from Pyramid #3/64: Pirates and Swashbucklers. It is pretty much one of the best dungeon crawling settings from pyramid. Add in Arabian Nights, and you have something to mess with for a while.
SteamBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #9
AOTA

GURPS Cidri now that Steve has the rights back.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
b-dog

I would love to have Arabian Nights or Silk Road made into a Dungeon Fantasy setting but I know that would be *gasp* controversial. It might also be nice to have a fake Earth setting so that would not offend but would stilll be exotic and yet relatively easily incorporated. I think a complete new setting might not do well though because in order to start a dungeon delve you would need to read a long book so it really wouldn’t be beer and pretzels. Fake Japan or Fake Arabia would however.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote