Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #21
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Default Re: Walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
The 3e adventure campaign Operation Endgame, has a scenario "Operation Midnight" which involved a scene where badguys shoot at the heroes through a wall as part of an ambush. The ambush takes place at a motel bungalow in the Copenhagen red light district. The PCs are brought inside the bungalow and asked to sit on the couch in the lounge while the person who let them in leaves to get the boss. As soon as that person leaves, the ambush begins.

Or as the text states: "Three assassins wait in the kitchener, with Uzi submachine guns under their jackets. They open fire through the paper-thin walls. Although the assassins cannot see their targets, they do not have a lot of space in which to miss. Therefore, their shots suffer only a -5 penalty. All assassins use area auto fire to blanket the targets in bullets."

That might be of interest.
This text makes me think that the author of the text has not been to Copenhagen or Denmark.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #22
RyanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Some exterior walls will just be siding, plywood, insulation, and the interior drywall.
Some cheaply built mobile homes even lack proper sheathing. It's vinyl siding, vapor barrier plastic, insulation, and drywall. You could tear through that with a pocket knife.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #23
trooper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þorkell View Post
This text makes me think that the author of the text has not been to Copenhagen or Denmark.
I may want to run that adventure one day...but the description of the motel didn’t feel right to me. How would you rework the description of the motel? I placed it outside of Copenhagen because I just didn’t see that sort of motel in the city proper. But I’d love other ideas!
trooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #24
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
I may want to run that adventure one day...but the description of the motel didn’t feel right to me. How would you rework the description of the motel? I placed it outside of Copenhagen because I just didn’t see that sort of motel in the city proper. But I’d love other ideas!
I'm not quite sure about paper thin walls in Denmark in general. It might be a thing there or not, but as far as I can remember from the houses I've been to there it isn't.

Also, my understanding is that the Copenhagen red light district is/was in Vesterbro district, specifically Istedgade and neighboring streets. Describing the houses there as a bungalow doesn't fit. Link to photo taken in Istedgade.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
architecture, material strength