Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #1
TechOgre
MIB

Default Kickstarter Stretch Goal Suggestions

With all the stretch goals going down you may need a few suggestions and thought on those suggestions. These could be fully formed things added to any of the Ace/Double-Ace/the mysterious Triple-Ace rewards, or they could be Add-Ons, and/or a promise to do in a future project.

* Chassis & Crossbows - low tech equipment, maybe a subset of the available "normal" equipment? Could be as "simple" as a new deck of cards (like Uncle Al) and a rule sheet.

* Motorcycles - Not just one cycle, but a group on one base? Otherwise would require a special turn key and base, I think.

* 18 Wheelers - Two bases; one for the tractor the same size as a car base and one longer one for the trailer, about twice or three times the length?

* More Ace rewards?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
MazeMonster
Banned

Default Re: Kickstarter Stretch Goal Suggestions

I'd like to see T-shirts with the AADA logo on the front. Just the AADA logo. That graphic would look really good on a velcro backed patch as well.
MazeMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeMonster View Post
I'd like to see T-shirts with the AADA logo on the front. Just the AADA logo. That graphic would look really good on a velcro backed patch as well.
Almost like you'd like to see the patches that were available for the Arenas Kickstarter come back. :)

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Shadekeep

At $1,000,000 funded I'd like them to add rules and miniatures for Mark III & V Ogres. ~_^

For a more serious suggestion, I don't know if this has been bandied about, but some "temporary tattoos" for the cars would be nice. Different graphics (skulls, gears, lightning bolts, spiders, etc) printed on cling vinyl that you can temporarily stick to a car to jazz them up further. For folks who want to vary up the looks of their painted models, or add some flair to unpainted ones.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #5
Shadekeep

Ha, there are Ogre add-ons now! Yay!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #6
beetle496

Default This time next year…

Phil has ruled it out for KS, but this time next year I am hoping that I can special order a 5-8 player expansion from my FLGS.

It would have purple/orange/pink/cyan dashboards and bases. If it comes with minis, they would be ones not available during KS.

Last edited by beetle496; 12-15-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammar
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
Fred Skin

An alternate box cover/sticker with the original rainbow art, like what they did with the Sunday Drivers reprint
Fred Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
Shadekeep

I'd like a set of hazard miniatures to go with the cars. Jersey barriers, oil drums, tire spike strips, mines, etc. Doesn't need to be a ton of them. I think they could add to the 3D play experience.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #9
NORJustice

I would love to see some add ons that aren't tied to stretch goals. Some things I would pay for if they were just listed:
- Paper arenas. We just saw 4 playmate put together, give me some arenas based on that size but of paper.
- Just put the next miniatures set out there and not as a stretch goal.
- Ammo modification pack (Maybe these are already in packs, but being able to add high explosive or incendiary rounds to my weapon would be great)

Why add these and not as stretch goals? Because I want to help the Kickstarter, but I can't help move the needle as I already have pledged for the items I want. I think a lot of people would be willing to move their pledge if the right items were out there. Just my thoughts.
NORJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #10
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORJustice View Post
- Just put the next miniatures set out there and not as a stretch goal.
It's not that easy. There are minimum order requirements and we need to be sure we have the necessary funds to cover the cost. If we just say "here ya go!" and only 25 backers order that add-on, we're out tens of thousands of dollars and have thousands of unsold units to deal with.

The stretch goals are constructed in such a way that we can avoid driving the project into the red and damaging the company. We're being very careful to make this as loaded as possible _and_ worth the effort so we can better justify continued support in the future.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote