Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 AM   #21
Seraphim

Default Re: Lightsaber combat forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Azagthoth
I used the descriptions given at Wookieepedia for seven lightsaber forms and several techniques. I'm still working on it and although I got all the books (including Martial Arts), its still difficult to convert an existing style to the rules.
Good stuff. It gave me a couple of ideas. And you're really right about converting an existing style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspade
I did a bit on the Force here. Bear in mind I've read almost none of the novels; this is strictly movie-influenced, and pretty much only my own interpretation thereof. (No midichlorians!)
Your take on the Force is really cool. How would you handle the Dark side and it's tempting and corrupting influence? That's probably the biggest stumbling block in my way, other than just stating up a ton of Force powers.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #22
Lord Azagthoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim
How would you handle the Dark side and it's tempting and corrupting influence? That's probably the biggest stumbling block in my way, other than just stating up a ton of Force powers.
I deal with the Dark Side by giving player Disadvantages. The points they gain must be put into Dark Side Force Powers only.

Go to my site for a complete description and usage.

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Star Wars - TRPG
Lord Azagthoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #23
Seraphim

Okay, so I've really slacked off on this. I'll try to get a little more done and post what I have.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #24
Lord Azagthoth

I've finished some lightsaber form as well as other fighting styles.

Dark Lord Azagthoth

Star Wars - TRPG
Lord Azagthoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:51 PM   #25
Dangerious P. Cats

Here are some styles I wrote for my Jedi vs Ori campaign. They are from a period after the galactic civil war and such. I'm intending to use Seraphim's styles as old republic sabre styles that some Jedi might know, either through being really old, or through revival. Still working on a double ended light sabre style. Some are a bit out there. Tell me what you think.

Light Sabre fighting of the new republic

New Sabre

The style of new sabre was created primarily by Obi Wan Kenobi while in isolation in the deserts of Tatooine, although Darth Vader also developed a similar style between the clone wars and the destruction of the death star. The style was formalised by Luke Skywalker while learning the art of the Jedi and reviving the Jedi order, although he credits it to Obi Wan, claiming to be the first student rather than the founder of the style. The style focuses on fighting with light sabres rather than on defending from blaster shots like many of the old styles did. It is believed that Obi Wan was a formidable warrior because he focused on sabre fighting in full. The style teaches quick moves, feinting, binding and counter attacks, though where it differs from the old sabre styles is that the user stays fairly still defending with their light sabre rather than jumping or flipping about. The style also has devastating blows, some of which can be delivered with such force that they can blast through an opponent’s parry.

Skills: Fast Draw (force sword), Force sword, Parry Missile Weapon

Techniques: Bind Weapon, Counter Attack, Feint, Retain Weapon

Cinematic Skills: Blind fighting, Precognitive Parry, Power Blow

Cinematic Techniques:

Perks: Quick Sheath (force sword), Weapon Bond (Light Sabre), Technique Adaptation (bind weapon with force sword)

Optional Traits
Advantages: Combat Reflexes
Disadvantages: Code of Honour (Jedi), Sense of Duty
Skills: Acrobatics, karate, Jumping, Armoury (sabre), Hold Out, Push
Techniques:

Revived Sabre

As the Jedi order grew interest in the old Jedi methods grew also and many Jedi sought to revive the old styles of Sabre fighting. Although there are masters of individual styles of the old republic most practice an amalgamated version of the old skills. Revival Sabre as its know rapidly grew in popularity and many Jedi Knights sought to learn it after advancing from Padawan stage. The style’s main focus is defence, whether it be from light sabre or blaster shot, which is the main source of its popularity as many Jedi more readily encounter blasters than any other weapon. The style teaches not just the importance of defence with the sabre, but also the importance of not being in harms way, and so focuses on moving by jumping and tumbling, generally with the aid of the force.

Skills: Acrobatics, Fast Draw (force sword), Force sword, Jumping, Parry Missile Weapon

Techniques: Evade (acrobatics)

Cinematic Skills: Precognitive Parry, Spinning Attack, Kiai

Cinematic Techniques: Flying Lunge, Timed Defence

Perks: Quick Sheath (force sword), Weapon Bond (Light Sabre), Technique Adaptation (acrobatic feint)

Optional Traits
Advantages: Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Defence (any except block), Extra Attack (single skill: force sword).
Skills: karate, Armoury (sabre), Push
Techniques:

Dual Sabre Fighting

Dual Sabre fighting came as a spin off of the Sabre fighting revival. Although not an Old Republic Style it comprises of techniques from records of the old republic styles, as well as other weapon styles that were studied with the intention of enriching Sabre Fighting. The Style teaches practitioners to fighting with a sabre in each hand. Some practitioners with more than two arms learn it to fight with a sabre in each. The style is mainly academic and is only really used in duals at the Jedi academy. It has however found favour as a training style for Padawans to fight against in order to teach them to deal with unconventional techniques. The style is also popular with non-Jedi who learn the Jedi fighting arts as the parry counter attack combinations common in the system give them a stronger defence without force sensitivity.

Skills: Force sword

Techniques: Bind Weapon (force sword), Counter Attack

Cinematic Skills:

Cinematic Techniques: Dual weapon Attack, Dual weapon defence, Whirlwind attack

Perks: off hand weapon training (force sword), Weapon Bond (Light Sabre), Technique Adaptation (acrobatic feint)

Optional Traits
Advantages: Ambidexterity, Combat Reflexes, Extra Attack (single skill: force sword).
Skills: Acrobatics, jumping, karate, Armoury (sabre), Push, Parry missile weapon, precognitive parry,
Techniques:

Sabre and Shield Fighting

In the hopes of enriching the techniques of Sabre fighting after the revival of the Jedi order many Jedi studied other melee weapons systems in the hope of importing techniques. Of these research a new weapon and style was born, the Sabre and Shield. Based off a number of primal fighting methods this system uses a force shield than is strapped to the wrist along with a light sabre. The style is still fairly minor, with only a small number of practitioners, although unlike Dual Sabre it has seen practical use, as most of its members are Jedi who work in the field rather than Jedi orientated to building the Jedi order. The Style is fairly defensive, as are most styles developed after the galactic civil war, but it also bares the mark of the more academic styles by having a number of quick attacks, binding with the shield and striking with the sabre being a popular one.

Skills: Fast Draw (force sword and/or shield), Force sword, Parry Missile Weapon, Shield (force)

Techniques: Bind Weapon (Shield), Counter Attack (force sword)

Cinematic Skills: Precognitive Parry

Cinematic Techniques: Dual Weapon Attack (Sabre and Shield), Dual Weapon Defence (Sabre and Shield)

Perks: Quick Sheath (force sword and shield), Weapon Bond (Light Sabre and force shield), Technique Adaptation (binding with shield)

Optional Traits
Advantages: Combat Reflexes, Enhanced Defence (any),
Skills: karate, Armoury (sabre), Push, Power Blow,
Techniques: