Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: Multi-Hit Melee 'Blink' Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
If your character really has to travel the distance on foot (or other travel ability hhey already have), PK has a limitation for Warp to mimic speedsters: “must travel distance” -30% So into a sealed room is impossible, but if the character could run down the sides of the chasm and back up given infinite time, they can warp to the other side super fast. As I told one of my players recently: no moon for you, but another continent is fair game.
Good call I meant to mention that but forgot during the Attack portion.
It appeared originally in GURPS Horror.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevoutGuardsman View Post
This looks good. Fits the requirements to a T, and the built-in maximum number of hits is very useful. Not sure what he gyroscopic enhancement does, though. Is that in Powers, or another book? And is it necessary for the ability to work?

And would it be possible to have a variable rate of fire? Say, 5 HP as an initial cost, with another 1 HP for every 1 possible hop and attack?
Gyroscopic removes the Body Sense roll, as Refplace stated — something very useful when warping multiple times a second!

You never have to warp the full times your margin calls for, so what we do is scale Costs HP to the number of Warps. If it's a basic 6 HP for one warp, or 15 HP for all ten, then that's effectively 10.5 levels of Costs HP, bringing Warp to the following:

Warp (Based on DX, +20%; Costs 5 HP plus 1 HP per step, -105%; Gyroscopic, +10%; Link, Cutting Attack, +10%; Rapid Fire, RoF 10, +100%; Reliable 10, only for instant use, +30%; Range Limit, 10 Yards, -50%) [115]

Add the Cutting Attack for a total of [121], which isn't too far off from your original [112]!

As a final note, that RoF 10 is the same cost for RoF 8-15 (I'd ratcheted it down to RoF 10 for an earlier modelling that i realised was a bit too complicated). With the additional HP cost per attack, RoF 15 — or a total HP cost for all fifteen attacks of 20 HP — seems suitably self-limiting.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture20 View Post
If your character really has to travel the distance on foot (or other travel ability hhey already have), PK has a limitation for Warp to mimic speedsters: “must travel distance” -30% So into a sealed room is impossible, but if the character could run down the sides of the chasm and back up given infinite time, they can warp to the other side super fast. As I told one of my players recently: no moon for you, but another continent is fair game.
Sounds similar to part of the limitation given Warp in Horror for the classic slasher villain. Specifically the part, "Accessibility, Only places you could
walk/climb to, given time,..."
Old 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #14
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Sounds similar to part of the limitation given Warp in Horror for the classic slasher villain. Specifically the part, "Accessibility, Only places you could
walk/climb to, given time,..."
Also for both the Batman and Bugs Bunny loa in Madness Dossier.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:20 AM   #15
DevoutGuardsman

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! This has helped immensely, both for my character and my understanding of GURPS.
DevoutGuardsman is offline   Reply With Quote