Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: The Justice League in THS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
A wizar... sorry, billionaire did it.
I could mention examples from gold plated toilets to civilian space shuttles... But I will instead just say Dubai, and leave it at that.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #12
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
A wizar... sorry, billionaire did it.
Wasn't it Serena who said"The only difference between witchcraft and Richcraft, is with richcraft you don't fly as high." And in THS that distinction is gone.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Thanks Sir Pudding. But what would the stats be?
For the bricks, we can probably assume that the Inflitration Android version of the Cyberdoll is near or at the limits of the technology. Running Eidolons that think they are Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martial Manhunter respectively. Might as well give John Chameleon 4 (Extended Infrared) while you are at it.

For Bruce Wayne, and Oliver Queen, bio-roid versions of the Ziasundra, raised in a virtual environment reflecting their comic book histories, should work.

For the Lanterns, bio-roid versions of a gene-fixed human upgrade with +1 will, might work. Raised of course in virtual environments based on their comic book histories. You'll probably want to end each of these with a reason for the rings to no longer work.

Black Canary can be made as custom Cyberdoll with a built in Affliction 2(?)* (Cone 2, Accessibility (Only in Atmosphere), Reduced Range 4). Probably with Limited Use because I imagine such a thing is a massive power drain.

*Not really sure what the limits are for sonic stunners. They are clearly technologically possible, but not as effective as electrolasers.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 05-02-2012 at 03:19 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
gjc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
You can get closer with a cybershell, you'll never be near fast enough though.
Obviously you'll never be fast enough on a tactical scale.

But you could simulate running around the world by stashing multiple shells (the more the better) and transferring between them. Potentially, the AI doesn't even have to know that's what it's doing, though that could be tricky.
gjc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Astromancer

Thanks Sindri. They've been cleaned away. I guess you're a superhero too.

Which leads to a broader question. Since the Superhero genre seems tough and adaptable, what kinds and styles of superheros are in the fiction and pop culture of THS?

Ancora Imparo
Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #16
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Which leads to a broader question. Since the Superhero genre seems tough and adaptable,
It's less than a hundred years old, so I'm not sure you can really make that claim but:
Quote:
what kinds and styles of superheros are in the fiction and pop culture of THS?
With long lifespans for both fans and the original IP, I suspect that somebody will still be publishing some version of both the DC and Marvel IP in a century. On the other hand I'm not sure what media it will be in.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Flyndaran
Untagged

I would imagine with how fast and complicated life has become, the appeal of simple good vs. evil and just punching your problems away would increase if anything.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
It's less than a hundred years old, so I'm not sure you can really make that claim but:
With long lifespans for both fans and the original IP, I suspect that somebody will still be publishing some version of both the DC and Marvel IP in a century. On the other hand I'm not sure what media it will be in.
Actually, the first true superhero was probably Rocambole. He starts as a villain but by 1860 he has every atribute of a Superhero except the costume and the superpowers. Both Zorro and the Scarlet Pimpernel were also superheros. As Rocambole is a hero by 1860, that makes the superhero genre at least 152 years old. If you require a costume and superpowers, then Nyctalope (1908) is your man. Which makes superheros 104. But the Bat, a character based on Springheel Jack, was in the penny dreadfuls by the 1880's.

Superheros jumped from fiction serialised in Newspapers in French, to novels in several languages, to Comics in several languages. It looks like a viable meme to me.

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 05-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.